Author Topic: Nationals @ Pirates, Game 2  (Read 25745 times)

Offline Mr Clean

Re: Nationals @ Pirates, Game 2
« Reply #900: May 09, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
Espy has to sit. Lombo bats first. Desmond 2nd.  Incredibly dumb ABs will result in fines.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #901: May 09, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
I'm cool when we lose a series finally to the Dodgers. Not unexpected, Hardcore injury depleted at the time. I am not cool losing a freaking series to the freaking Pirates, and possibly being swept by them tomorrow?!?!?!? Wtf?!?!? And why in God's name do you PH for Moore in the seventh. I didn't watch at the time, but I'm sure a handedness PH. Leave him in. Dude finally gets a start, two Abs hitless, expected as long as it's been since he faced a human pitched more than once a day.

Right now, I say send Moore back down immediately. This is throwing a monkey wrench, scratch that, a 747, into the clockworks and Johnson just ain't gonna use him, that's obvious. Let's not set back one of our only near ready prospects so he can just sit and watch MLB games in person. He's useless to us as is. Nothing good comes out of the status quo, but there is the possibility of harm by pulling this another couple weeks. Johnson either screams at Johnson or sends Moore down, but there's no good coming out of leaving things as is.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #902: May 09, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
yamaico navarro robbing desmond was a capital one premier play.  i don't get it.  sure it was a rob, but it was nothing special.  he just held his glove just over his head and caught it.  anyone except for eddie gaedell could have caught that without leaving their feet

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #903: May 09, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »
Lombo
Desmond
Zimmerman
LaRoche
Harper
Ankiel
Moore
Ramos
Pitcher

!!@#!@

Offline PC

« Reply #904: May 09, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »
Davey Presser:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #905: May 09, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »
He pinch hit for Moore because he was 0-2 against a RHP and he had a LHB in Ankiel on the bench. Not sure why everyone is confused about this.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #906: May 09, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »
He pinch hit for Moore because a RHP came in and he had a LHB in Ankiel on the bench. Not sure why everyone is nagging about this.

Yeah, and I assumed as much. And I do get it. But he doesn't take every Lefty out facing RHPs, and this was Moore's first start. The way he's been treated, and desperately needing Abs, leave him in. I get why he did it, and it's common. But it's part of a larger picture, and it's depressing to Moore fans.

The possible underlying reason though? It *was* the seventh inning. Uncommon move? Not in the ninth. In the seventh, you take out a power hitter for another power hitter due to handedness? In the seventh? That is uncommon. Maybe a final reason everyone's Pissed off over a minor thing? It's indicative nothing changes per Moore. Everyone gets excited Moore starts, figures maybe Johnson woke up, he'll be off the bench going forward. Then he gets pulled in the seventh, it's a definitive sign today was was fluke and Moore will continue to get almost no Abs. Bottom line, people are Pissed because of underlying factors and what it means going forward, not because of one minor move or a single AB.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #907: May 09, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »
I edited my post for clarity, FWIW.

And I see your point, although Moore could have earned that third AB by getting a hit. It's pretty clear he was only started because a LHP was on the hill, so Davey's inclination was to go to Ankiel (which didn't work out this time obviously).

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #908: May 10, 2012, 12:20:18 AM »
Awful. Same old Nats. 4-8 in last 12 games

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #909: May 10, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »
MLB Network is showing McCutchen's 2nd-to-home play as often as they can...

Offline Coladar

« Reply #910: May 10, 2012, 06:52:30 AM »
MLB Network is showing McCutchen's 2nd-to-home play as often as they can...

Not a shock there. It was a remarkable play and indicative of just how much we suck right now.

And I get EEEan has quit with the Es for the most part and offensively has stepped up somewhat, but regardless of that, I just am not content with him as our long term starter going forward. Now because of crap like this...

Desmond praised McCutchen's speed rather than blame his own indecision

"I would say nine or 10 times out of 10 that runner stops and tries dive back into third," Desmond said. "He saw that I fielded it and he looked at me and darted toward home

Man up, don't be a Garrett Mock. It was so the result of embarrassing stupidity and idiocy that it hurts. Speed ain't what got him home, it helped a hell of a lot, but stupidity and indecisiveness are what got him home.