Author Topic: Leonsis v Czaban  (Read 798 times)

Offline DCPSR

• DC Pro Sports Report
Leonsis v Czaban
« Topic Start: August 17, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
http://dcprosportsreport.com/?p=310

Anyone else agree with Leonsis that, besides the Redskins, the Nationals, United, Wizards and Capitals are short changed by DC media, and in particular, by Czaban?

nospinzone1

Re: Leonsis v Czaban
« Reply #1: August 17, 2007, 05:43:12 PM »
http://dcprosportsreport.com/?p=310

Anyone else agree with Leonsis that, besides the Redskins, the Nationals, United, Wizards and Capitals are short changed by DC media, and in particular, by Czaban?

YES, I AGREE WITH HIM.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2: August 17, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »
Couldn't agree more.

Those nitwits on 980 couldn't come up with intelligent baseball talk if it smacked them right in the face.

Offline El Kabong

« Reply #3: August 30, 2007, 02:52:50 PM »
Well, at least Ted won't have to deal with 980 anymore (great move BTW):

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=336447

Bonneville to Broadcast All 82 Capitals Games
Washington Capitals
Aug 30, 2007, 9:31 AM EDT
Talk Radio 3WT will be flagship station for Capitals Radio Network

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals and Bonneville International Corporation have reached a two-year agreement that will put broadcasts of all 82 Capitals games on Bonneville stations. The new Talk Radio 3WT, on 1500 AM, 107.7 FM and 820 AM, will be the flagship station for the broadcasts, carrying Capitals games plus pre- and postgame shows on some of the region’s strongest radio signals.

“The addition of another premier professional sports franchise on our radio station makes us the leading provider of play-by-play sports in Washington on one of the most far-reaching signals in the area,” said Bonneville D.C. senior vice president Joel Oxley. “The combination of compelling talk during the day, and play-by-play sports at night and on the weekend delivers a powerful programming lineup for 3WT.”

Capitals radio play-by-play announcer Steve Kolbe returns for his 11th season of calling the action. Former Capital Ken Sabourin returns for his fifth season of providing analysis at all Capitals home games.

In addition to game broadcasts, Talk Radio 3WT will carry a weekly one-hour Capitals magazine show on Saturday nights at 6 p.m. A variety of promotional elements will air on Talk Radio 3WT and Bonneville sister station WTOP (103.5 FM and 103.9 FM), including commercials, community relations and public service announcements, game promotions and station identification reads.

“We are excited to partner with Bonneville and bring our games to such powerful signals,” Capitals chairman and majority owner Ted Leonsis said. “This agreement will allow Capitals fans throughout the region to hear our games, and the promotional elements will help us reach new fans as well. We look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership with Talk Radio 3WT and all of Bonneville’s stations.”

The Washington Capitals open the regular season Friday, Oct. 5, at the Atlanta Thrashers at 7:30 p.m. Talk Radio 3WT will carry the game live, with the pregame show starting at 7:20 p.m. The home opener will take place Saturday, Oct. 6, against Carolina at Verizon Center, also on Talk Radio 3WT.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: August 30, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »
I still miss Ron Weber.

Offline El Kabong

« Reply #5: August 31, 2007, 03:21:08 PM »
I still miss Ron Weber.

I wonder what's he doing now, and I also wonder if approached and asked, would he be willing to be a host for that magazine show?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #6: September 02, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
I absolutely agree with Leonisis.

and steve czaban and everyone else at 980 are a bunch of clowns.

here's to them going out of business trying to compete with Dan Snyder's station for who can kiss the most Redskin ass, and DC getting some REAL, balanced Sports Talk Radio that focuses just as much on the other Dc teams as it does on the redskins.

Offline El Kabong

« Reply #7: September 03, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »
I absolutely agree with Leonisis.

and steve czaban and everyone else at 980 are a bunch of clowns.

here's to them going out of business trying to compete with Dan Snyder's station for who can kiss the most Redskin ass, and DC getting some REAL, balanced Sports Talk Radio that focuses just as much on the other Dc teams as it does on the redskins.

Year after year it's getting harder to listen to that station.

Funny thing is, I still remember the old days back when they were still on 570 and when they just started out.  The balance of their sports talk was so much better; course that was before Clear Channel ruined the station.  Even Kornheiser I felt back in the day was pretty good and talked a little hockey without putting the sport down.  And then a couple of years later they changed.