Author Topic: 2012 Season Roll Call  (Read 37608 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: 2012 Season Roll Call
« Reply #475: July 19, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »
I'm going this Sunday.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #476: July 19, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
Just got back from the game... is it always like this during weekday summer games?  I was trying to take my brother and he needed to be out early, so I decided to use one of the closer lots, only to find that they were all reserved for permit-holders only.  WTF?  I circled looking for one that wasn't for forty-five minutes, finally going back to HH (I have a permit for that since it's part of my season ticket package).  When I get there, that lot is full too and the attendants tell me I can use my permit to get into any of the lots during the day game, including lot C... so I go to lot C and the person there informs me that only the handicapped can use HH permits there.  Luckily she let me through anyway--probably because the game had already been going on for an hour--and I was able to catch an entire hour or so of some of the worst baseball the Nats have played all year before I had to leave with my brother.  Worst game experience I've ever had.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #477: July 19, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Post this in the Nats Park question thread and maybe see if NatsSCManager is set up for PMs.

Offline blue911

« Reply #478: July 19, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »
Ran into Bumsfan from the MLB board today

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #479: July 19, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
Just got back from the game... is it always like this during weekday summer games?

Not until this year, the increased attendance this season has been most noticeable at the businessman special games, in the past they were very lightly attended but lately they have been attracting large crowds.  At the last game traffic was terrible and the Yards lots were sold out a while before the first pitch, they had an overflow lot available for an inflated price.  The days of popping over at the last minute, buying a $10 ticket at the door, and sitting down by the field appear to be over.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #480: July 19, 2012, 06:33:24 PM »
Just got back from the game... is it always like this during weekday summer games?  I was trying to take my brother and he needed to be out early, so I decided to use one of the closer lots, only to find that they were all reserved for permit-holders only.  WTF?  I circled looking for one that wasn't for forty-five minutes, finally going back to HH (I have a permit for that since it's part of my season ticket package).  When I get there, that lot is full too and the attendants tell me I can use my permit to get into any of the lots during the day game, including lot C... so I go to lot C and the person there informs me that only the handicapped can use HH permits there.  Luckily she let me through anyway--probably because the game had already been going on for an hour--and I was able to catch an entire hour or so of some of the worst baseball the Nats have played all year before I had to leave with my brother.  Worst game experience I've ever had.
Thats why I leave early and take the subway!  Rather deal with crowds than trying to find parking and driving in DC!

Offline madj55

« Reply #481: July 19, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
I always go to the Navy Yards Lot, $25 and always empty

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #482: July 19, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »
Metro track-work for the upcoming Braves weekend - all lines except Yellow affected (http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5299):

Red Line

Buses will replace Red Line trains between Grosvenor and Friendship Heights stations to allow for rail renewal/replacement, structural repairs, tunnel leak mitigation and related improvements. Medical Center and Bethesda stations will be closed. Red Line trains will operate in two segments -- between Shady Grove and Grosvenor and between Friendship Heights and Glenmont -- every 10 minutes between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and at regular weekend intervals at other times. Customers traveling through the work zone should allow about 30 minutes of additional travel time.

Please note: Buses will also replace trains on this segment of the Red Line during the weekends of July 27-29 and August 10-12.

Green Line

Green Line trains will single track between Fort Totten and Prince George's Plaza to allow for track maintenance, tie and fastener renewal and third-rail power improvements throughout the weekend, every 16 minutes. Customers should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time. As a result of the work zone, all Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and Mount Vernon Square only. Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mount Vernon Square should use Green Line trains to complete their trip.

Blue Line

Blue Line trains will single track between Van Dorn Street and Franconia-Springfield to allow for tie and insulator renewal, rail tamping and other necessary track work.  Trains will operate at or near normal weekend frequencies.  However, between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, every other Blue Line train will begin/end at Van Dorn Street, rather than Franconia-Springfield. Customers traveling to/from Franconia-Springfield Station should allow about 15 minutes of additional travel time.

Orange Line

Orange Line trains will single track in two work zones:  Between East Falls Church and West Falls Church to allow for work associated with the Silver Line extension and between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly for platform reconstruction.  Throughout the weekend, Orange Line trains will depart Vienna and New Carrollton every 24 minutes.  On Saturday and Sunday between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., additional trains will operate between Vienna and Stadium-Armory, providing service an average of every 12 minutes.  Customers should allow additional travel time.

There is no work scheduled this weekend on the Yellow line. However, all Yellow Line trains will begin/end their trips at Mount Vernon Square, rather than Fort Totten, due to scheduled track work on the Green Line.  Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mount Vernon Square should use Green Line trains to complete their trip.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #483: July 19, 2012, 11:27:16 PM »
I just got a couple of tickets on Stubhub for row B seats in section 404, so I'll definitely be there tomorrow!

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #484: July 19, 2012, 11:28:23 PM »
I just got a couple of tickets on Stubhub for row B seats in section 404, so I'll definitely be there tomorrow!

Ran into Bumsfan from the MLB board today

Also how the hell do board members run into eachother? I doubt I'd ever find any of you by random chance  :lol:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #485: July 20, 2012, 07:20:39 AM »
Thunder storms likely tonight, perfect game to enjoy the suite life.  I wonder what they do for suite tickets if it's a rain out.  Do they provide the catering for the first game and the make up game without any extra cost?  Gotta get there early tonight just in case they call the game so that I can gorge myself before they pack everything up.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #486: July 20, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »
Capital Weather Gang's NatCast has 'Hopefully muggy air doesn't curtail our recent winnings, assuming the game gets played. We do have roving showers that could roll through and delay the game at least. Please take shelter if you hear thunder, under the concourse. Also if you get too warm, seek out a cooling room' - with 79-82 at first pitch, 73-76 by ninth inning, 70% chance of rain.

Weather.com's hour-by-hour forecast has 80% chance of rain all through the most crucial baseball parts of the evening (19.00-22.00).

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #487: July 20, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »
Also how the hell do board members run into eachother? I doubt I'd ever find any of you by random chance  :lol:

Pop by 312/A/1 and discover The TBSITH Difference for yourself, as JCA, PowerBoater and tomterp already have (may not be there tonight though). I'm also sometimes in the Red Loft/Porch if there's time left before first pitch (just look for the chap with the big sideburns in the Chelsea cap and Mystics T-shirt).

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #488: July 20, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
Acute sense of smell, kind of like bears

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #489: July 20, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »
Acute sense of smell, kind of like bears

....or dogs.....

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #490: July 20, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »
LastObjective - Usually it takes some planning, or, as OC has done, posters put up approximate locations of their seats.  When I have the season tickets, I'm in section 208, but that is in the stars and stripes club. You need a club ticket or pass to enter.

There's often a general "I'll be up in the Red Loft around" a particular time, and indicate what you are wearing. That does not always work.  I messed up meeting Obed that way.  Once in a blue moon, there are better organized gatherings, too, like last year when about 15 of us met before a Pirates game on the Red Porch.  that's easier on less popular games.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #491: July 20, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
kind of like bears beers

Fixed for Blue.

Offline blue911

« Reply #492: July 20, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
Fixed for Blue.

:blah:

There's the wonderful love of a beautiful maid,
And the love of a staunch true man,
And the love of a baby that's unafraid-
All have existed since time began.

But the most wonderful love, the Love of all loves,
Even greater than the love for Mother,
Is the infinite, tenderest, passionate love
Of one dead drunk for another.

:glug:

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #493: July 20, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
Once in a blue moon, there are better organized gatherings, too, like last year when about 15 of us met before a Pirates game on the Red Porch.  that's easier on less popular games.

...and even that's getting harder to do now that the Red Porch Resturant stopped taking reservations. Oh the price we pay for having a good team in town and fans starting to find their way to the ball park.
(I live on the porch, btw, row A, seat 14)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #494: July 20, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »
I have the only 2XL Wang mumu in the park, though I think tomorrow I might be sporting my Expos shirt and interlocking DC batting practice cap signed on the bill by some guy at spring training who didn't make the team.

LastObjective - Usually it takes some planning, or, as OC has done, posters put up approximate locations of their seats.  When I have the season tickets, I'm in section 208, but that is in the stars and stripes club. You need a club ticket or pass to enter.

There's often a general "I'll be up in the Red Loft around" a particular time, and indicate what you are wearing. That does not always work.  I messed up meeting Obed that way.  Once in a blue moon, there are better organized gatherings, too, like last year when about 15 of us met before a Pirates game on the Red Porch.  that's easier on less popular games.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #495: July 20, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »
What section is that ?

...and even that's getting harder to do now that the Red Porch Resturant stopped taking reservations. Oh the price we pay for having a good team in town and fans starting to find their way to the ball park.
(I live on the porch, btw, row A, seat 14)

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #496: July 20, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
Well considering it'll start raining at 2PM and continue on until the start of the game, we might just get rained out. In which case we'll probably take our tickets to go over the next homestand.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #497: July 20, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »
Not sure where to post this, but I'm really irked at the resale value of my tickets this weekend.

Huge series! What in the world is up with the market?

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #498: July 20, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »
Not sure where to post this, but I'm really irked at the resale value of my tickets this weekend.

Odd indeed given the way the Nats have been drawing (36k for a weekday daytime match yesterday, with 50% chance of rain threatened??) - StubHub shows tickets available for single-digit prices for all four Braves fixtures this weekend: http://www.stubhub.com/washington-nationals-tickets

Offline e44green

« Reply #499: July 20, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »

Check the weather forecast. The more casual fans that are considering buying tickets for this weekend are probably holding off on their purchase until the last minute to see if the weather will cooperate. This drives the Stubhub/Craigslist prices way down.