Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 172222 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #625: February 07, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
Traffic engineers often make the largest traffic flow to the right.  So it may be in MD, going north has the largest traffic flow

Used the TomTom to get to Annapolis last Saturday, and of course, reasonably, it did not have the new lane configuration.

Can anyone figure out why, when heading east, the right lanes go north and the left lanes go south?   Is there an engineer who liked knots as a kid and wanted to make some out concrete?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #626: February 07, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
Used the TomTom to get to Annapolis last Saturday, and of course, reasonably, it did not have the new lane configuration.

Can anyone figure out why, when heading east, the right lanes go north and the left lanes go south?   Is there an engineer who liked knots as a kid and wanted to make some out concrete?

Depends on which movement is considered the "exit." Normally an exit goes on the right.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #627: February 07, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »
well, isn't the stretch from the I-395 tunnel to 295 technically I-695?  North is DC route 295, while south is interstate 295.  So, interstate to interstate would be south.  As for traffic, I don't know which way draws more.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #628: February 09, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
I just noticed that lot HH under the freeway has disappeared from the parking maps on the Nats site.  Anyone know if they've lost the lease?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #629: February 09, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »
I just noticed that lot HH under the freeway has disappeared from the parking maps on the Nats site.  Anyone know if they've lost the lease?

Looks to be the case, it has been taken off the map and off the price listing, although HH is still referenced in the description of Economy parking.  Probably they weren't making any money off of a $5 lot and they'd prefer to fill up lot F every game. 

This is not a good thing for those of us who drive because the lots are already over-packed on games that have big crowds.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ballpark/parking.jsp#economy

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #630: February 09, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
The lot that was called HH is still there; I passed it earlier this week. Maybe they no longer have some kind of pricing deal with the Nationals.

Offline adam3313

« Reply #631: February 12, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
I hope Lot HH is still there.  That was always my go-to spot when I drove in for the games, and wanted to avoid the Metro...

Here's hoping they are still reasonably priced!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #632: February 12, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
Lot HH wasn't available during day games but I really liked that spot, once you figgered out how to get there it was easy to get into and out of.

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #633: February 12, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
I hoping that it's not really gone and the maps just inadvertantly droppped it or the company that actually owns it will run it

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #634: February 14, 2013, 10:11:15 AM »
I hoping that it's not really gone and the maps just inadvertantly droppped it or the company that actually owns it will run it

This is the more likely scenario.  Rather than kick money upstairs to the Nats, they'll keep it all.

I'm worried at how much the gravel plant under the Douglass Bridge will be up to this year.  It went from $15 to $17 last year.  I'm thinking $20 this year.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #635: February 14, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »
Is lot J gone as well?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #636: February 14, 2013, 10:55:06 AM »
.....when are the Nats going to get a functioning, customer service providing ticketing system???

Offline machpost

« Reply #637: February 14, 2013, 11:39:22 AM »
We frequently used the lot immediately to the east of the ballpark, but during the postseason, they jacked the price up from $25 to $35. If it stays that high, I'm going to miss parking there.

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
    • Presidents race gear including official TM Let Teddy Win shirts and rally signs.
« Reply #638: February 14, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
Ouch.  Lot HH is gone from the map but still mentioned in the copy.  I'm going to try to get the scoop from the team.  That lot was a great option.  Lots of capacity, too.

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #640: February 19, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
Anyone know where the new Bluejacket Brewery is being built?

JDLand says they'll be in the boilermaker shops in the Yards

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #641: February 21, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »
Ouch.  Lot HH is gone from the map but still mentioned in the copy.  I'm going to try to get the scoop from the team.  That lot was a great option.  Lots of capacity, too.

This is from a comment on Zuck's site:

An interesting tidbit that I picked up from my ST account rep. Three of the team-operated parking lots from past years (HH, J and N) will not be available this season. No idea what is going on with those sites or whether there is any possibility that some of them may be available as privately-operated parking.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #642: February 21, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
This is from a comment on Zuck's site:

Well a few hundred cars full of fans circling around looking for open lots will certainly help alleviate the issue with the lines of people trying to figure out the new ticket cards. 

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #643: February 22, 2013, 10:38:49 AM »
Does anybody here park in lot W?  Is it a reasonable alternative to HH?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #644: February 22, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »
I tweeted the Nats account asking if they have any alternatives to make up for the loss of the three lots. No response.

Where the hell is the customer service guy who started this thread? What a joke he turned out to be.

Offline jdland

« Reply #645: February 23, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »
For those with questions on parking (specifically lots J, M, and N), read my post on the first wave of lot changes for 2013:

http://www.jdland.com/dc/index.cfm/3804/First-Look-at-Nationals-Parking-Lot-Changes-for-2013/

J, M, N will be cash lots. No word on what's going on with HH. Yards cash lots are all coming back.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #646: February 23, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
For those with questions on parking (specifically lots J, M, and N), read my post on the first wave of lot changes for 2013:

http://www.jdland.com/dc/index.cfm/3804/First-Look-at-Nationals-Parking-Lot-Changes-for-2013/

J, M, N will be cash lots. No word on what's going on with HH. Yards cash lots are all coming back.

thanks as always!  Any news on the old BP station across from the LF corner next to the bullpen area?

Offline jdland

« Reply #647: February 24, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »
thanks as always!  Any news on the old BP station across from the LF corner next to the bullpen area?

That's lot N, right? The old BP on the NE corner of South Capitol and N? That's one of the ones that's going to be a cash lot. Monument Realty hasn't decided on the prices yet.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #648: February 24, 2013, 10:48:17 AM »

This is great, thanks for all the hard work, very helpful.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #649: February 24, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »
That's lot N, right? The old BP on the NE corner of South Capitol and N? That's one of the ones that's going to be a cash lot. Monument Realty hasn't decided on the prices yet.

i was referring to the old gas station directly across the street from the "B" garage, on the corner of South capital and the road that runs along the CF entrance.  It's arguably the biggest eyesore in the area so I was wondering if there was any news on developing it into something useful.  thanks again!