Author Topic: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 2  (Read 30444 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 2
« Reply #725: July 08, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
at least he can field ground balls and turn the DP.

the ball took a bad bounce.  if that were zimmerman you would be saying the same thing and you would be furious if someone said different.  he charged on the play was a half second away from fielding it and it took the wrong hop and nailed him in the nuts.  bad luck.  

hernandez has 6 errors this season and a .638 OPS.  terrible.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #726: July 08, 2009, 12:13:04 AM »
the ball took a bad bounce.  if that were zimmerman you would be saying the same thing and you would be furious if someone said different.  he charged on the play was a half second away from fielding it and it took the wrong hop and nailed him in the nuts.  bad luck. 
bad luck but a ML second baseman makes the play and prevents the 2 runs from scoring.

it's the difference between winning and losing.

Offline PC

« Reply #727: July 08, 2009, 12:13:12 AM »
Yea Zimmermann didn't do well tonight, or as well as he normally would. Gave up 4 walks in 4 innings, 3 to the lead off hitter. Thats not good at all.

His ERA did drop after tonight's game.  There were far greater villains than Zimmermann tonight.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #728: July 08, 2009, 12:13:57 AM »
The team needs to hold a MANDATORY seminar on BASE RUNNING... preferably after Acta is FIRED!

If the VETERAN's think that they are ABOVE a seminar on FUNDAMENTALS, MAKE THEM WATCH AN ENDLESS LOOP VIDEOTAPE OF THIS GAME!!

At the halfway point in the season, the Natinals are on a pace to
Win 48 and Lose 114, PhilWood

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #729: July 08, 2009, 12:14:09 AM »
bad luck but a ML second baseman makes the play and prevents the 2 runs from scoring.

it's the difference between winning and losing.

bull crap the ball jumped up and hit him in the nuts.  it's hard to do anything when you're about to field a ball and it reverses angle comes up and hits you. 

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #730: July 08, 2009, 12:15:52 AM »
bull crap the ball jumped up and hit him in the nuts.  it's hard to do anything when you're about to field a ball and it reverses angle comes up and hits you. 
Most players would have jumped outta the way

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #731: July 08, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »
a shame we have no one in AAA to replace Tavarez in the pen. Don't want to move Stammen to the pen after that great start yesterday.

RD needs to either start up here or down in AAA.

Offline PC

« Reply #732: July 08, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »
a shame we have no one in AAA to replace Tavarez in the pen. Don't want to move Stammen to the pen after that great start yesterday.

Anybody can walk batters.  That's not difficult to replace.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #733: July 08, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »

Cut Tavarez.  Bring up Martin.

Cut Belliard.  Bring up Morse.  

Ban Kearns from the country.  Bring up Dukes.

Trade Johnson.  Move Dunn to 1B for the time being.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #734: July 08, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »
alright, i'm going to bed.

I'll never forget this game as long as I live. This is the worst played baseball I think we'll ever see.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #735: July 08, 2009, 12:25:40 AM »
alright, i'm going to bed.

I'll never forget this game as long as I live. This is the worst played baseball I think we'll ever see.

it was all smiles when it was 4-1. 

i hope every one of these guys know they are contributing to this mess.  they've all had some crappy games at some point this season.

they need to adopt the attitude to stop feeling sorry for yourself and go out there and play like every game as if it were the playoffs.

Offline fan

• If Yost becomes Manager, I am done w/ the Nats.
« Reply #736: July 08, 2009, 12:26:33 AM »
If Hernandez isn't good enough to start, cut him.  He's young and should be getting at bats if you still think he can develop (which you have to be thinking if he's still on the roster).  The bench doesn't help him and Willie Harris at 2nd doesn't help the Nats.  At least play Alberto.  The young guys need at bats Manny.  Not the old guys.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #737: July 08, 2009, 12:28:08 AM »
If Hernandez isn't good enough to start, cut him.  He's young and should be getting at bats if you still think he can develop (which you have to be thinking if he's still on the roster).  The bench doesn't help him and Willie Harris at 2nd doesn't help the Nats.  At least play Alberto.  The young guys need at bats Manny.  Not the old guys.

people are forgetting these vets could also be playing a lot to try and increase their trade value. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #738: July 08, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »
people are forgetting these vets could also be playing a lot to try and increase their trade value. 
you aren't getting anything for Belliard and Harris isn't going to be traded.

Fan is right on the money. How do we know what we have in Gonzalez and Hernandez if we don't play them?

this is ridiculous. In a season like this, young guys should be getting all of the ABs.

I have a question for you hammonds. Who is losing the majority of these games for the Nats? It's the veteran players, not the young guys for the most part. Guzman, Tavarez, Beimel, etc.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #739: July 08, 2009, 12:35:22 AM »
you aren't getting anything for Belliard and Harris isn't going to be traded.

Fan is right on the money. How do we know what we have in Gonzalez and Hernandez if we don't play them?

this is ridiculous. In a season like this, young guys should be getting all of the ABs.

I have a question for you hammonds. Who is losing the majority of these games for the Nats? It's the veteran players, not the young guys for the most part. Guzman, Tavarez, Beimel, etc.

i'm not saying it's right to continue to play the vets ... but they are showcasing them and that's the FO decision. 

face it guzman is a .300+ hitter with limited range. 

beimel whether you admit or not is one of our best relievers.

tavarez, belliard, kearns should all be gone yes. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #740: July 08, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
I don't want to read through this thread to find out what happened, do I?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #741: July 08, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »

RATfreak !!!!!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #742: July 08, 2009, 01:08:20 AM »
I don't want to read through this thread to find out what happened, do I?

no here's the breakdown (from what i saw and then after i stopped watching what i caught up on via here - very predictable outcome) ...

1st inning -
zimmerman grounds into double play ... rockies score off JZ.

2nd inning - willingham with a deep homer to left ... we're tied 1-1.

3rd inning - zimmerman hits a 3-run bomb ... we lead 4-1

4th inning - JZ not looking his best, gives up a sac fly ... we lead 4-2 ... grounder that takes a funny bounce that nails willie harris in the balls ... rockies end up tying it up 4-4.

rest of the game?  -well from reading up on here it all played out something like this: zimmerman grounds into another double play ... dunn has rough day at plate ... it seems like bard hits a ball off the wall every at bat but can't get past 1st base ... burnett and bergmann were outstanding ... guzman booted a couple balls ... austin kearns got picked off of first (before the relief pitcher even threw a pitch), helton dropped the ball so kearns could've made it easily to second but he slipped - failing like he always does ... tavarez comes in and did what he does best - walk people ... beimel comes in and throws a money pitch that forces a comebacker to him to force the double play, the throw to second was high over guzman and harris catches it and does a good job to throw to first in time, but no dice not in time ... run scores and we lose ... after the game johnny/ray and bob/rob looked hopeless and were speechless and were pissed off ... manny acta said everything is all and well in natstown ... stan kasten is on chicago radio stations inviting cubs fans ... the lerners are thinking about trading zimmerman to save money and raise ticket prices to earn more.  

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #743: July 08, 2009, 01:09:40 AM »
no here's the breakdown (from what i saw and then after i stopped watching what i caught up on via here - very predictable outcome)
That's good enough for me.  Thanks.

Offline fan

• If Yost becomes Manager, I am done w/ the Nats.
« Reply #744: July 08, 2009, 01:31:59 AM »
I'd like it if the vets who were playing had a chance of obtaining modest trade value.  I'm certainly not griping about Nick Johnson, Joe Beimel, Josh Willingham and Guzman playing.  In fact, I'd be angry if Nick and Beimel aren't dealt and I'd be ecstatic if we can deal Villone or Guzzy for something.  Dealing Guzzy for the sake of someone paying his contract would be enough for me.  Why worry about dealing old players for talented young players if you aren't going to play young players anyways? 

What can we expect for Willie Harris, Kearns or Ronnie Belliard?  Almost every Nats fan loves Willie Harris.  I think Nats fans love Willie Harris much more than non-Nats GM's.  Are you going to get a low A ball junk reliever for him?  Can you imagine a team trading for him for his bat or his defensive abilities at 2B?  If you want to play him, give Nick a rest once a week and put Dunn at 1B.  I don't see how Willie can gain value by playing 2nd base for a team that is carrying 2 other younger players capable of fielding the position better than him.

Hernia may be a lost cause, but Alberto needs major league at bats!  I think he should be starting, but if you're gonna keep him on the bench for Harris or Belliard, then move him down to AAA with Dukes.  You'd think a bad team would be somewhat focused on improving their young players.

Step 1: play young players.  Step 2: Use draft picks obtained via compensation picks to select players who are not supposed to be picked in the 10th round.  Wasn't that easy?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #746: July 08, 2009, 07:52:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
RATfreak !!!!!

:rofl: mao

I go to bed early once and you guys discuss Hayden Panties vs. Julianne Hough? Hilarious.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #747: July 08, 2009, 08:08:35 AM »
... manny acta said everything is all and well in natstown ...  
Manny sure enjoys a good loss.

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #748: July 08, 2009, 08:36:37 AM »
At the pace Willingham is on it won't be long until he will have much better numbers then our All Star.  Plus I don't think he grounds in to multiple rally killing dp's a game.  Ryan now leads the NL in GIDP.  It's really frustrating because we know that Zimm is a better hitter then that but lately he looks at too many strike 3's and hits too many balls on the ground with a runner on 1st.  The 3 run shot tonight was nice though.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #749: July 08, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »
His ERA did drop after tonight's game.  There were far greater villains than Zimmermann tonight.

Oh I know. I was just letting sportsfan know because he had some problems tonight that got a couple runs in.