Author Topic: Jordan Zimmermann's Harrisburg Debut (5 images)  (Read 3162 times)

Offline bkstyl

• Senators Fans Unite - Harrisburg Senators
Just wanted to share a few images of Jordan Zimmermann's Double-A debut from earlier this week.  This was an extremely long day as I traveled from Harrisburg to Hagerstown to photograph the Suns in the morning (10:35 am) and then back to Harrisburg to photograph the Senators at 6:05.  I will post some Hagerstown photos within a day or two.

Offline ronnynat

That last one has to be an offspeed pitch. :lol:

Nice pics!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
That last one has to be an offspeed pitch. :lol:

Nice pics!

It better be a warmup pitch because his 2B is not paying attention.

Offline ronnynat

:rofl: I hope so. I didn't notice that before.

Offline bkstyl

Yep, William Bergolla was looking at his arm or something during warm ups.  I liked that photo.  To bad he was standing in the background....

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
(Image removed from quote.)

Whoever's playing second base behind Zimmermann needs a swift kick so he pays attention.

Those are great shots, nice job...

Offline First Base Lady

I was at this game too.  I think we must have been following each other around on that day (I was in Hagerstown in the morning as well). 

MrMadison

very nice pics.

I had to be a jerk but...

anyone gonna post his line?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I will:

5.2 innings, 1 ER, 4 K, 3 BB

He's doing very respectably at Harrisburg right now with a 2.92 ERA and a 12/4 K/BB ratio.

This organization is in a fantastic position in terms of SP.  We have a bevy of decent or better starting pitchers from AA to the big leagues:

Cory VanAllen
Jordan Zimmermann
Shairon Martis
Garrett Mock
Tyler Clippard
Collin Balester
John Lannan
Tim Redding
Odalis Perez
Shawn Hill

This gives the Nationals a position of strength from which to trade, although they should be very careful because starting pitching in this league is not easy to reload once you get a great stockpile like this.

Offline sportsfan882

Adrian Alaniz is owning in Potomac.  He developed a change-up and supposedly it's working wonders for him. Look out for him to move to AA soon.  He's like 4-0 with a 2.19 ERA. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Yeah, I was just thinking that Alaniz could use a promotion.  He's 24, so his next promotion will be very telling.  He supposedly didn't have very powerful stuff when he started low-A last year.  I hope his fastball's gotten slightly faster.

Offline bkstyl

I had to be a jerk but...

anyone gonna post his line?

Sorry, should have posted that as well.  I'll remember for next time.

Offline bkstyl

I was at this game too.  I think we must have been following each other around on that day (I was in Hagerstown in the morning as well). 

Were you with the guy that had on a Harrisburg Senators hat?

What a day...Hagerstown in the AM and Harrisburg in the PM.  Stuck in traffic coming back from Hagerstown.  Cloudy, threat of rain and it ended up sunny.  Ended up only shooting 3 innings in Harrisburg.

I'm heading back to Hagerstown either the 18th or 25th.  I'm also planning a trip to Frederick within the next two weeks...just in case you want to follow me :lol:

Offline daveb32

Yeah, I was just thinking that Alaniz could use a promotion.  He's 24, so his next promotion will be very telling.  He supposedly didn't have very powerful stuff when he started low-A last year.  I hope his fastball's gotten slightly faster.
He added a changeup to his repertoire this season. During his first two starts he got lit up for 7 runs in his first 6 innings while he was working on his changeup. He finally added it for is third start and is 4-0 with a 0.93 ERA since then.

Offline First Base Lady

Were you with the guy that had on a Harrisburg Senators hat?

What a day...Hagerstown in the AM and Harrisburg in the PM.  Stuck in traffic coming back from Hagerstown.  Cloudy, threat of rain and it ended up sunny.  Ended up only shooting 3 innings in Harrisburg.

I'm heading back to Hagerstown either the 18th or 25th.  I'm also planning a trip to Frederick within the next two weeks...just in case you want to follow me :lol:

Not sure what hat my husband had on that day, but probably Harrisburg.  I would love to get back down that way, but since we live in Vermont, it is pretty much a one time a year trip.  the only way I would come back down that way again this year is if Luke montz gets a call up to the big leagues or Bill rhinehart gets a call up to Harrisburg.  I promised both of them I would come and see thm if that happened.  We are a host family for the short season affiliates - the Lake Monsters.  You should come up here and shoot some photos at our games this summer. 

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
I'm also planning a trip to Frederick within the next two weeks...just in case you want to follow me :lol:
I hope to be at Frederick when Potomac is there on June 12th, but that's right around the due date for my son's birth so it's a tentative plan.

Offline bkstyl

I hope to be at Frederick when Potomac is there on June 12th, but that's right around the due date for my son's birth so it's a tentative plan.

Again, congrats on the baby. 

I think my Frederick trip is 5/25.  Hagerstown is 5/18.  At least I think that's the schedule....  Hopefully, One of these days we'll get together to shoot a game. 

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
These are great pics, of our best prospect. ATM

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!
Real nice shots, bkstyl!  The more, the marrier.  Living 65 miles NW of Chicago, I have no way of getting to these games :-(

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Hey if you need some pointers about Frederick, I've been there before.  Bowie is arranged the same way.

1.  Frederick is very popular, so crowds can be high.  Especially when school lets out.  Get there an hour early before a game.  Especially if you get GA seats (benches).  They are first come first serve with no assigned seats.  When those run out, you sit on the lawn.  Over 10,000 has been known to attend a game during a summer night.

2.  Get there early to park close too.

3.  Lame kid stuff -

Mascot - KEYOTE, yeah a Coyote only with Key in the name.

Team Song - We're the Frederick Keys - you shake your keys during this dumb ditty.  Never did like it.

Not so lame - got kiddies?  Merry Go Round rides for extra cash.  Kids also have their own concessions.

Offline bkstyl

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.  I will continue to post photos throughout the season.  Last night I got to see Dmitri Young rehab with Harrisburg.  Only managed to get a few decent photos of him.

CALSGR8 - Thanks for the tips on Frederick.  I look forward to shooting a Keys game. 

Online blue911

Last night I got to see Dmitri Young rehab with Harrisburg.  Only managed to get a few decent photos of him.

Fisheye lens or Panoramic camera?

Offline bkstyl

Fisheye lens or Panoramic camera?

VERY Wide angle lens :lol: Just kidding  Just like with Luis Jimenez, they had to add 8" to Young's jeresy (4" on each side).

He was very nice.  Talked with fans, signed autographs for kids and posed for photos.  Seemed to be having fun as he was laughing throughout the game.

He was very nice.  Talked with fans, signed autographs and posed for photos.  Seemed to be having fun as he was laughing throughout the game.

?????