Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Astros, Game 1  (Read 19678 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Astros, Game 1
« Reply #75: July 21, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »
Yeah...another ONE RUN LOSS.  Looks like we win by the sword and are now dying by it.   :?

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #76: July 21, 2005, 09:36:25 PM »
Ok, guys...when I'm not the nats are losing, it's a fact. :wink:

Anyways.....ugh....things aren't looking good now...at least, the phillies lost,

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #77: July 21, 2005, 09:37:34 PM »
The Nats are now 23-40 when they score 4 runs or less.

Do the math, the Nats need run producers, so I say, THE HELL with trading for pitchers, trade Wilkerson and Vidro for guys who can bring home the runs...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #78: July 21, 2005, 09:39:42 PM »
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"
Anyways.....ugh....things aren't looking good now...at least, the phillies lost,

And the Braves are all sitting around laughing at the Nationals, saying, "crap, passing these guys is gonna be a breeze..."

Offline rileyn

« Reply #79: July 21, 2005, 09:47:13 PM »
I'm scratching my head trying to think of a more futile offense.  We cannot score more that 2 freaking runs.  This is insane.  So the questions are:

1)  Is this indicative of our talent? (i.e., do we really suck this badly?)

2)  Is it that everybody is gripping and now the pressure is too much for them (remember, last night we had a runner in scoring position in SEVENi innings and scored 2 runs).

3) Is Nick Johnson the answer?

I have no answers --- only questions.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #80: July 21, 2005, 09:52:21 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"

And the Braves are all sitting around laughing at the Nationals, saying, "crap, passing these guys is gonna be a breeze..."

At this point, I'm not converned at all with the Braves.  My last hope is to hold on in the wild card chase.  I'm terrfied that Houston is going to leave DC only 1  1/2 games  behind us and then we go to Atl and Fla.

We hit a brick wall somewhere.  I'm baffled by the turn of events.  All of a sudden our hoe field advantage is reversed.  Maybe it will be good to get to Atlanta.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #81: July 21, 2005, 10:13:11 PM »
Jim Bowden has a job to do... He has to be blind not to see, that even though this team has some good players, those players are part of the problem. I've watched Wilkerson since he came up and he is bar none, among the so called *name players* the worst clutch hitter there is. I've said  since spring training, trade Vidro before it's too late... Bowden should see if Texas can use their gloves along with Armas and a couple of minor league pitchers in exchange for Soriano and Teixeira (pretty much a local kid) and possibly Mench, who is from Delaware. Heck throw in Byrd to help the deal along

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #82: July 22, 2005, 12:07:24 AM »
what we NEED is for the hitters we have to start hitting when the runs are there for the taking.

we get runners to 2nd and 3rd, and we leave them there.

we need our people to hit with RISP, or we need to get people in here who can.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #83: July 22, 2005, 12:27:08 AM »
Essentially, the Nationals are the same type of team as we had in Montreal last year... They didn't do the job there, and they aren't doing the job in Washington. too many players are only putting out half an effort, and the only thing they look forward to of late, it picking up their paychecks. To build a winner, you need 25 guys, and the Nats cant be expected to win with any kind of consistency, if more than a third of the roster isn't giving the fans their best effort...

Bowden needs to pull off a shocker type trade, that will not only help the team get better, but send a wake up call to the players. If they think, OMG if they traded HIM away, I better shape up, how can that not be good not just short, but long term...

This team needs to be shocked into playing well, there's too many players waiting for the guy hitting behind them to get the job done...

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #84: July 22, 2005, 12:34:40 AM »
I was at the game tonight and I saw Vidro make a very half-assed attempt to catch a line drive that whizzed by him for a single.  He sort of "jumped" after it was past him like he was trying to look like he made some big effort.  When the team is in a horrible slump like this, guys need to go balls out all the time.

mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)

« Reply #85: July 22, 2005, 10:54:29 AM »
This loss doesn;t bother me so much.

Looking ahead to this series a few weeks ago when the nats were playing well, you knew it was gonna be tough.

Its the losses to the Mets, Brewers and Rockies that hurt (especially as the Braves really have not played especially well but have picked up games).

I don't think scoring only 2 when Oswaldt pitched 8 is indicative of anything other than that the guy is good and on a hot streak.