Author Topic: Who's our best potential power hitter, in your opinion?  (Read 3524 times)

Ryan Zimmerman

Casto? Whitesell? Dee Brown (from Vermont), Larry Broadway???

Hardball in DC

Any of those guys you listed could carry the power potential to the majors.  Broadway is probably the guy closest to the majors with a swing that could result in HR.  Alot depends upon the new ballpark design.  Right now, none of the Nationals minor leaguers have the necessary power to hit for power at RFK.  Keep an eye on the doubles numbers of Nationals' minor leaguers because that is a good indicator of future power ability.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Frank Diaz is a big, athletic looking guy.  I don't think his power numbers look great now, but may have some upside.

Ryan Zimmerman

Quote from: "Hardball in DC"
Any of those guys you listed could carry the power potential to the majors.  Broadway is probably the guy closest to the majors with a swing that could result in HR.  Alot depends upon the new ballpark design.  Right now, none of the Nationals minor leaguers have the necessary power to hit for power at RFK.  Keep an eye on the doubles numbers of Nationals' minor leaguers because that is a good indicator of future power ability.

There are some interesting hitters in the GCL nationals team who have power potential.Like, Timothy Pahuta and Ryan Delaughter.The gulf coast league...is really really far from the big leagues but Delaughter seems to have a powerful swing, he strikes out too much but imo, he has some interesting power potential, same for Pahuta.

Diaz is the leader for  doubles in the Carolina league.He has interesting potential!

A question...what's the venezualan summer league? I saw, we're sharing a team there with the Marlins....do some players there belong to us?

Hardball in DC

Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"

A question...what's the venezualan summer league? I saw, we're sharing a team there with the Marlins....do some players there belong to us?

I have a link to the stats on my blog but have yet been able to delineate who belongs to who on the roster.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan

The official Venezuelan Summer League web site can be found here: http://www.vsl.com.ve/ with the team shared by the Marlins and Nats being Universidad. They are dead last and have the team with the worst hitting stats I've ever seen. From looking at each team's stats, it seems to be a league where pitching is much stronger then the hitting, either that, or the hitting sucks big time throughout the league.

Once on the main page, click on Universidad then roster, and then on each individual player to see who is affiliated with who.

Ryan Zimmerman

Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

The official Venezuelan Summer League web site can be found here: http://www.vsl.com.ve/ with the team shared by the Marlins and Nats being Universidad. They are dead last and have the team with the worst hitting stats I've ever seen. From looking at each team's stats, it seems to be a league where pitching is much stronger then the hitting, either that, or the hitting sucks big time throughout the league.

Once on the main page, click on Universidad then roster, and then on each individual player to see who is affiliated with who.

Alex Bompart is KICKIN *** tho'!!!

He belongs to us!

thx alot! :P  :wink:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
our best Potential Young Power hitter?

Tony Blanco.

believe it.

Ryan Zimmerman

Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

Tony Blanco.

believe it.

We'll have to give him more AB's though.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

Tony Blanco.

believe it.

Sadly he wont get much of a chance to prove it as long as the Nats have "Mister do or die with my veterans" managing... Frank has had him play the outfield more often than 3B. Blanco is a third baseman, not an outfielder. Its almost as though Frank doesn't want him to succeed at third.