Author Topic: Miguel Cabrera arrested for DUI  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Miguel Cabrera arrested for DUI
« Topic Start: February 17, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Miguel Cabrera arrested for DUI
« Reply #1: February 17, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »
According to the arrest report, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of Scotch in front of a deputy.

That would've been better if it said he poured himself a shot instead of just taking a swig.   :shock:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #2: February 17, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »

That would've been better if it said he poured himself a shot instead of just taking a swig.   :shock:

Like I said... he's going through something pretty bad to pull that.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #3: February 17, 2011, 09:26:15 AM »

Offline blue911

« Reply #4: February 17, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »

I wonder if he put a drop of water in it to "open up" the flavor.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #5: February 17, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »

He hocked a loogie in it.

Offline blue911

« Reply #6: February 17, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
He hocked a loogie in it.

Like ayahuasca.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #7: February 17, 2011, 09:43:18 AM »
I kind of feel bad for him.

Clearly, he's got something really wrong with him.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #8: February 17, 2011, 09:45:22 AM »
He's got to be bombed out of his mind.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: February 17, 2011, 09:51:27 AM »
He's got to be bombed out of his mind.

(Image removed from quote.)

He looks like he wants to sell me a used car.

« Reply #10: February 17, 2011, 09:53:04 AM »
I can't feel bad for any ballplayer that pulls the "Do You Know Who I Am?" card. Yeah, you are a drunk and a douche.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #11: February 17, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
I can't feel bad for any ballplayer that pulls the "Do You Know Who I Am?" card. Yeah, you are a drunk and a douche.

I meant the whole taking a swig of scotch in front of a cop.

You're so far down the road of alcoholism by that point... I don't know if you're ever going to recover.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #12: February 17, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »

He can carry one of these in his car for that purpose.

« Reply #13: February 17, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
I meant the whole taking a swig of scotch in front of a cop.

You're so far down the road of alcoholism by that point... I don't know if you're ever going to recover.

I know. I was just making a general statement on the matter.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #14: February 17, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »
Terrible. But it has been widely known that this dude has major issues. This isn't the first time.

Early morning on October 3, 2009, police were called to the Cabreras' home and took Cabrera in for questioning. Cabrera had come home at 6:00am, after a night of drinking at the nearby Townsend Hotel, and got in an argument with his wife. He was seen later that day at a game at Comerica Park, with scratches on his face. Cabrera told reporters that the scratches came from his dog and refused to discuss the matter further.[21] It was later reported he had a blood alcohol level of .26, three times the legal limit, when tested at the police station. Dave Dombrowski, the general manager of the Tigers, picked him up from the police station around 7:30am—eleven and a half hours before that evening's game in which he went 0–4 with one strikeout and six runners left on base against the Chicago White Sox.[22]
On January 21, 2010, it was reported that Cabrera spent three months in an alcohol abuse treatment center to help him recover from his addiction. He says he has not drunk alcohol since he was taken into custody in October 2009. He will continue this treatment into spring training and the regular season.[23]
Television station WXYZ had obtained a police report from an alleged incident the preceding August, in which Cabrera was involved in a verbal altercation with diners at a restaurant inside the Townsend.[24] Witnesses say Cabrera threatened to fight the group outside and indicated that he had a gun. Restaurant employees asked Cabrera to leave and police were called. There was no weapon in Cabrera's vehicle and Cabrera told team officials he did not own one. Cabrera then told team officials he had been dealing with personal issues and got upset, and the diners ended up dropping the matter.[25]

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #15: February 17, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »
----
Dave Dombrowski, the general manager of the Tigers, picked him up from the police station around 7:30am—eleven and a half hours before that evening's game in which he went 0–4 with one strikeout and six runners left on base against the Chicago White Sox.[22]
----

Why would he even have been in the lineup for that game? 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #16: February 17, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
It was a really important game for them.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #17: February 17, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
This guy is a moron.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #18: February 17, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
Linty this falls into our talk about athletes not having to be right in the head.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #19: February 17, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »
----
Dave Dombrowski, the general manager of the Tigers, picked him up from the police station around 7:30am—eleven and a half hours before that evening's game in which he went 0–4 with one strikeout and six runners left on base against the Chicago White Sox.[22]
----

Why would he even have been in the lineup for that game? 
It was a playoff game for them.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #20: February 18, 2011, 09:50:56 AM »
I'm a little shocked that Cabrera will likely face no major consequences for his actions.  I'm not a huge fan of the NFL's conduct policy, but that is a whole lot better than no action.

Major League Baseball does not have a conduct policy that dictates discipline for players charged with crimes. At this point, it appears highly unlikely that Cabrera will be suspended by MLB or the Tigers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Florida-DUI-expert-says-Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-should-not-do-jail-time-021711

Offline blue911

« Reply #21: February 18, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
I'm a little shocked that Cabrera will likely face no major consequences for his actions.  I'm not a huge fan of the NFL's conduct policy, but that is a whole lot better than no action.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Florida-DUI-expert-says-Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-should-not-do-jail-time-021711

CBA

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #22: February 18, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »
It is disgusting, for all the talk about players being role models (which I don't agree with), a star player being able to do something like this with minimal repercussions is an absolutely horrible message.  I understand the league has no ability to do anything (in fact they enable), just commenting on the situation.  I also hold a special hatred for DUI offenders, so that may be propelling this rant like post as well.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #23: February 18, 2011, 10:09:54 AM »
I agree.  I wouldn't have even played him in the playoff game referenced above - not even because I would have expected a golden sombrero-like performance after an alcohol fueled all nighter, but because you have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to off the field behavior standards.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #24: February 18, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
While I understand the history behind it and how it came to be like this, it is insane to me that a guy can get a 50 game suspension for taking steroids or even a few Adderalls, but getting caught endangering many other people's lives results in nothing?  Its just really sad is all.