Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 424959 times)

Offline blue911

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1600: June 23, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »
Welcome to all of you. Wow, we are getting international attention. It's so cool to think that folks from England to Australia are following our Nats, and now they are their Nats too!!

The sun never sets on the Nats empire

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1601: June 23, 2011, 07:28:26 AM »
The sun never sets on the Nats empire

Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, 
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat; 
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth, 
When two strong men stand face to face, tho’ they come from the ends of the earth!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #1602: June 23, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »
You know the funny thing is... i've never actually drunk foster's in Australia, we don't drink it.

Only time i have had it was when i was in the UK. terrible beer

If you're from the Melbourne area, I suspect you'd be drinking VB.
G'day mate, sorry for not welcoming you earlier. I'm not an ex-pat, just had the pleasure of living in Sydney for two very happy years.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #1603: June 23, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »
I recently moved to the DC area from Chicago and decided to to adopt the Nationals as my NL team. I'm still learning much about my new team, so please be gentle.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1604: June 24, 2011, 02:16:40 AM »
I recently moved to the DC area from Chicago and decided to to adopt the Nationals as my NL team. I'm still learning much about my new team, so please be gentle.

Welcome  ...  you picked one hell of a day to join.   This mess is your fault.    LOL  (Gentle enough for ya :))

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1605: June 24, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »
Welcome, Jim.  After blowing out Wood's arm, I'm glad you got another chance here.  Now that you no longer are working for the Nats, your insights will be especially valuable.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1606: June 24, 2011, 09:22:50 AM »
Welcome, Jim.  After blowing out Wood's arm, I'm glad you got another chance here.  Now that you no longer are working for the Nats, your insights will be especially valuable.

:spit:

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #1607: June 25, 2011, 07:01:55 AM »
i'm more of a Carlton draught guy, VB isn't the best

Offline willisdavis

« Reply #1608: June 25, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
Harrisburg, PA Nats fan here.  It's great living in a town where I can walk over and watch the future Nats play on a nightly basis. 

btw, Brad Peacock was dealing last night.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1609: June 25, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
Welcome Willis.  It's neat to follow guys you knew when.  If you have any insights into any of the players on the Senators that are good prospects, check out our "Farm" board and add your thoughts.  Peacock in particular, and of course Harper when he makes the jump.  If there are some guys you think are worthy of promotion to Syracuse, pipe up. 

Offline Nighthawk

« Reply #1610: June 25, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »
I felt my first post should be in the new members forum. Found this forum this morning when looking for updates on draft picks signings. 

Born and raised in Northern Virginia, the expansion Senators left town when I was 6 and just becoming a baseball fan.  I became a fan of the Cincinnati Reds because of Cuban born, Tony Perez.  The Big Red Machine were a thing of beauty but I followed Tony to the Expos when he was traded and stayed a fan of Expos when he left to sign with the Red Sox.

I pretty much soured on baseball because of the '94 strike when the Expos had the best record in baseball and players like Pedro Martinez, Larry Walker, Moises Alou.  That strike pretty much killed the Expos which in hindsight was a great thing because it eventually led them to Washington.

I adopted the Baltimore Orioles as my AL team when Edward Bennett Williams became the owner in 1980 but eventually came to despise them because of Peter Angelos, starting with his part that lead to the strike in '94, not re-signing Jon Miller and finally the straw that broke the camels back, the firing of Davey Johnson. I've never looked back and take great pleasure in every loss and every bad season the Orioles have had ever since.

I don't know what the word is to describe it but my beloved Expos became my hometown Nationals and Davey Johnson is now the manager of Nationals.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1611: June 25, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »
I felt my first post should be in the new members forum. Found this forum this morning when looking for updates on draft picks signings. 

Born and raised in Northern Virginia, the expansion Senators left town when I was 6 and just becoming a baseball fan.  I became a fan of the Cincinnati Reds because of Cuban born, Tony Perez.  The Big Red Machine were a thing of beauty but I followed Tony to the Expos when he was traded and stayed a fan of Expos when he left to sign with the Red Sox.

I pretty much soured on baseball because of the '94 strike when the Expos had the best record in baseball and players like Pedro Martinez, Larry Walker, Moises Alou.  That strike pretty much killed the Expos which in hindsight was a great thing because it eventually led them to Washington.

I adopted the Baltimore Orioles as my AL team when Edward Bennett Williams became the owner in 1980 but eventually came to despise them because of Peter Angelos, starting with his part that lead to the strike in '94, not re-signing Jon Miller and finally the straw that broke the camels back, the firing of Davey Johnson. I've never looked back and take great pleasure in every loss and every bad season the Orioles have had ever since.

I don't know what the word is to describe it but my beloved Expos became my hometown Nationals and Davey Johnson is now the manager of Nationals.

Welcome aboard.    Liked everything you wrote .. except the Cincinnati part.  LOL

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1612: June 25, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
Welcome aboard Nighthawk.  :clap:  Make sure you contribute to the game threads if you have the time and thick skin.  :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1613: June 25, 2011, 10:43:58 PM »
Harrisburg, PA Nats fan here.  It's great living in a town where I can walk over and watch the future Nats play on a nightly basis. 

btw, Brad Peacock was dealing last night.

:clap:

Offline NC Boyd

« Reply #1614: June 26, 2011, 10:30:45 AM »
Greetings from North Carolina!!!  Unlike most of the tomahawkers down here, I never have been a Braves fan.  With the addition of cable TV in the early 80's, I grew up watching the Cubs, but about 5 years ago got tired of the "next year" attitude.  Finally figured out that the Cubs management wasn't gonna pay big bucks for players when they were selling out to people watching a losing team.  With the addition of MASN to Direct TV, started watching the Nats a couple of years ago and the rest it history.  Thank goodness for MASN!!!  My wife is from New England and is a Red Sox fan, but then again.....nobody is perfect. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1615: June 26, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Welcome Boyd!

Feel free to join us in the gameday thread sometime, it's the next best thing to sitting in a section of Nats Park with your best Nats friends around you.  Better in some cases, because none of us can spill beer on you.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1616: June 26, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
Welcome to all new WnFF'ERS!  THE MORE THE MERRIER (or misery likes company).  Depends on which team you're on!

Offline In the Dark

« Reply #1617: June 27, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
Hi y'all!  I'm an old Senators fan, and was I in seventh heaven when the Nats came to town!  I never could bring myself to be an O's fan, except for the time they had Jim Northrup on the team, and I thought he was kind of cute.  You'll probably never hear from me again.  I tend to stay in the dark and read what everyone else has to say, but I thought I'd just say hi.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #1618: June 27, 2011, 02:05:34 PM »
Hi y'all!  I'm an old Senators fan, and was I in seventh heaven when the Nats came to town!  I never could bring myself to be an O's fan, except for the time they had Jim Northrup on the team, and I thought he was kind of cute.  You'll probably never hear from me again.  I tend to stay in the dark and read what everyone else has to say, but I thought I'd just say hi.

Well hello.  Don't be shy if there's something you want to say. 

Welcome.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1619: June 27, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
Welcome aboard ItD.  :clap:  Share your opinions whenever you feel like stepping out of the dark for a minute or two. Or, if you have the stomach for it, join us in the game threads and contribute to the discussion. But make sure you come fully garbed.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1620: June 27, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
Welcome aboard ItD.  :clap:  Share your opinions whenever you feel like stepping out of the dark for a minute or two. Or, if you have the stomach for it, join us in the game threads and contribute to the discussion. But make sure you come fully garbed.

(Image removed from quote.)
which reminds me, why did it take so long to finish the damn death star 1.0?  This thing was well under way at the end of Star Wars III.  Vader and the Emperor are looking at it near the end.  Then you get to episode IV, a New Hope, and the damn thing is only just getting operational!  I'm thinking the mob must have had too many no show workers on the payroll.

Offline blue911

« Reply #1621: June 27, 2011, 03:23:01 PM »
which reminds me, why did it take so long to finish the damn death star 1.0?  This thing was well under way at the end of Star Wars III.  Vader and the Emperor are looking at it near the end.  Then you get to episode IV, a New Hope, and the damn thing is only just getting operational!  I'm thinking the mob must have had too many no show workers on the payroll.

EAC, probably built with that lazy Tatooine help

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1622: June 27, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »
When are we going to have another meet up at the Park? 

Offline Rasta

« Reply #1623: June 27, 2011, 04:01:55 PM »
Hello, long time reader but finally had a bit more time to begin posting. 

Been a die hard since day 1.  My Dad was a die hard Senators fan who passed on his love of baseball to me.  I never realized just how much I would love baseball until the Nats arrived.  I love following the draft and the farm system. 

I've been on the Post comments section but just can't stand the folks who know nothing about the Nats but act like they do.  I'm looking forward to talking about the Nats with folks who actually follow the team like I do. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #1624: June 27, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »
Welcome to you all. The gameday threads are a great place to be during a game, as Spider said. And we love lurkers, but we love folks who chime in with their opinions even more!  :)