Author Topic: This is Birdland.........uh....ooops.....  (Read 2468 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: This is Birdland.........uh....ooops.....
« Reply #25: June 30, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »
(It's a bit slow)

classic, it doesnt get much better than that.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #26: June 30, 2008, 10:35:40 AM »
Hey, those people paid 200 smackers to sit behind home plate and watch their closer get owned on what looked like a great pitch on Gameday. Cut them some slack.

Those tickets are $325 each on Sunday, higher on all Saturdays and other premium days.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: June 30, 2008, 10:53:44 AM »
Awesome!

Now we just need this big haired guy everyone is talking about. I still can't figure out who that is from the replay.

I'm pretty sure it was this guy:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #28: June 30, 2008, 10:54:50 AM »
Yeah that was him.  He drove me nuts!  He was so smug that I was glad that Belly jacked that ball just to knock that smug grin off his silly ***.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #29: June 30, 2008, 10:58:06 AM »
haha I actually know the guy.  He's a good guy.  Loves the Redskins. 

It's a shame he hasn't come over to the light side yet.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #30: June 30, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
NO WAY!!!!!  THAT'S TOO FUNNY!!  Tell him he looked smug.  I'll be nice.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #31: June 30, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »
Unfortunately, the video clip I copied is poor resolution, but this group of Orioles fans, which seemed to change every inning, was annoying in that they'd stand up and wave their arms just as the pitcher was releasing (even Sherrill, for a while).  They were happy and laughing, the game in the bag.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #32: June 30, 2008, 11:21:28 AM »
Everyone please do yourself a favor and visit OriolesHangout.com.  Right now there is a MASN ad with Ronnie Belliard swinging.  Pretty funny if you ask me.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #33: June 30, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
ROFL!!!  Priceless!  He's the only National anything on the page and it couldn't be a more appropriate pic!  Absolutely priceless!!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: June 30, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #35: June 30, 2008, 12:30:35 PM »
Everyone please do yourself a favor and visit OriolesHangout.com.  Right now there is a MASN ad with Ronnie Belliard swinging.  Pretty funny if you ask me.

That IS pretty classic.

The OH has some ads that pop up according to what is being discussed. So there is often Google ads for Red Sox jerseys or Yankees tickets on there. It's like salt in the wounds.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #36: June 30, 2008, 01:32:14 PM »
Did anyone start chanting "Let's Go O's" after the home run ?  The looks I got from those in orange were precious !

The OH has some ads that pop up according to what is being discussed. So there is often Google ads for Red Sox jerseys or Yankees tickets on there. It's like salt in the wounds.
[/quote]

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #37: June 30, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »
NO WAY!!!!!  THAT'S TOO FUNNY!!  Tell him he looked smug.  I'll be nice.

Even better - he totally had his head turned when the ball struck the bat. I was ROFL.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #38: June 30, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Be there -to see your best reliever beat on a great pitch by a smart hitter.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #39: June 30, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »
There was nothing wrong with that pitch to Belliard, except that it looked like Belliard was guessing it.  And Hanrahan's pitch to Jones was way off the plate, but still he poked it through the infield to put the Orioles ahead.  Sometimes, you just gotta give credit to hitters who do good things.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #40: June 30, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
There was nothing wrong with that pitch to Belliard, except that it looked like Belliard was guessing it.  And Hanrahan's pitch to Jones was way off the plate, but still he poked it through the infield to put the Orioles ahead.  Sometimes, you just gotta give credit to hitters who do good things.

Is anyone disagreeing?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #41: June 30, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »

In his post game interview, Belliard said that he was looking for that pitch inside that he hit.  When asked about the pitch before the home run, he said that all he knew was that it was outside and he wasnt going to swing at it unless it was inside.  So yeah, he was guessing a bit, he said it himself that he "got lucky" in finally getting the pitch he wanted.

Offline blue911

« Reply #42: June 30, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »

Tom,
         Outside of a homerun, is there any other hit that Dmitri could score on? (lightning strikes and heart attacks don't count). Throwing a pitch that can be pulled is poor game calling. Sherrill is left handed and if he can't throw a backdoor slider on the firstbase side he isn't going to be a closer for long.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #43: June 30, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
Tom,
         Outside of a homerun, is there any other hit that Dmitri could score on? (lightning strikes and heart attacks don't count). Throwing a pitch that can be pulled is poor game calling. Sherrill is left handed and if he can't throw a backdoor slider on the firstbase side he isn't going to be a closer for long.

Well, with hindsight, any pitch hit for a homer wasn't a good one.  The pitch looked inside and maybe low, but Ronnie just got the bat head out on it.  I would think that if he hit that pitch 10 times, he'd maybe get one or two out at most, while most would be pulled foul.  But to answer your question, no, it would take a combination of hits and/walks to get Dmitri to scoring range, which would be 2nd on a double, third on most singles.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #44: June 30, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
(It's a bit slow)

(Image removed from quote.)

The contrast of Belliard and the kid is absolutely hilarious.

Offline blue911

« Reply #45: June 30, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »
Well, with hindsight, any pitch hit for a homer wasn't a good one.  The pitch looked inside and maybe low, but Ronnie just got the bat head out on it.  I would think that if he hit that pitch 10 times, he'd maybe get one or two out at most, while most would be pulled foul.  But to answer your question, no, it would take a combination of hits and/walks to get Dmitri to scoring range, which would be 2nd on a double, third on most singles.

A good pitch would have been outside. The catcher walked Sherrill into that, Quiznos or whatever his name is should wear the goat horns.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #46: June 30, 2008, 08:36:59 PM »
F the Orioles...

They are all so smug about their .500 start..  I guess going 10 years without a .500  team can make you do that.  The fact is that since we have been here, we have had a better record each year, head-to-head, better attendance and have spent over 100 mil less.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #47: July 01, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »
The O's fans in front of us on Sunday were whining for the game to be over already so that they could catch their train. Happy to oblige!