Author Topic: 2008 Single Game Tickets  (Read 2629 times)

natsfan1a

Re: 2008 Single Game Tickets
« Reply #25: February 09, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »
:rofl:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #26: February 09, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
March 4 -- Best day of the month!   My Birthday, filing deadline and single game tix go on sale!!  Perfect!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #27: February 11, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Nationals Journal says an announcement was to happen today or tomorrow regarding Single ticket sales.  I wanted to post comments but when I tried to, I couldn't get past an insurance ad.  If that's the way the Post works, I'm not falling for that crap!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: February 11, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »
Nationals Journal says an announcement was to happen today or tomorrow regarding Single ticket sales.  I wanted to post comments but when I tried to, I couldn't get past an insurance ad.  If that's the way the Post works, I'm not falling for that crap!

That's the way they prefer to work.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #29: February 11, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »
I've commented before without it.  That's what's so weird.  But then again, a lot of weird things been happening to me...

DE DE DE DE....

natsfan1a

« Reply #30: February 11, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »
I've not run into problems commenting on the NJ blog, but I have on occasion when trying to comment in the online chats. BTW, somebody on the NJ blog told me about a very nice ad-blocking add-on for the Thunderbird browser. I don't get all the advertising garbage since I installed that. 8)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #31: February 11, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »
It was just today that I got that.  I'm on my work computer.  Got to switch off to regular.

Maybe now they fixed the problem, I don't know.

natsfan1a

« Reply #32: February 11, 2008, 06:29:36 PM »
hmm, maybe something with the work computer's configuration.

natsfan1a

« Reply #33: February 12, 2008, 12:06:06 PM »
See Svrluga's NJ entry for the latest:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #34: February 12, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »
Here's the press release, probably redundant with Barry's blog:

The Washington Nationals today announced that individual ticket sales for Opening Night on March 30 vs. the Atlanta Braves, and individual tickets sales for the remainder of the regular season begin on Tuesday, March 4 at 9:00 a.m. Individual ticket prices range from $5 - $325. (Five dollar tickets are available on day of game only for purchase at the Box Office). The Washington Nationals will offer premium-priced games for 15 contests during the season and Opening Night. The 15 games include every Saturday game and the April 25-27 series vs. the Chicago Cubs. Buyers may purchase tickets for no more than 19 games; and only 12 tickets per game may be purchased via telephone by calling 888-632-NATS (6287) or by visiting nationals.com.
The Nationals will also offer discounted tickets to special groups throughout the season. For all non-premium, non-holiday games held Monday through Thursday, senior citizens, government employees, active members of the military and college students will receive a $3 discount off any ticket priced at $10 or more, based upon availability. Fans must purchase such tickets on the day of the game they wish to attend at the Nationals Park Box Office with the appropriate ID. Transactions are limited to one (1) ticket per person.

In addition, fans will receive special ticket discounts from Harris Teeter as well as from The Washington Post. These offers will be available at the Nationals Park Box Office on "Harris Teeter Tuesdays" and on "The Washington Post Wednesdays". The Nationals will also have a "Family Fun Pack" offer for all non-premium Sunday home games. The "Family Fun Pack" includes game tickets, hot dogs, drinks and chips at a discounted rate. More information on these special discounts will soon be available on nationals.com.

The Nationals Park Box Office, located at 1500 South Capitol Street, S.E., will NOT be open until March 30th at 10:00 a.m. After March 30th, Nationals Box Office hours will be Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on non-game days. For all day games the Box Office will open at 9:00 a.m. and at 10:00 a.m. for all evening games.

For fans interested in season ticket plans, including full season, 41-game and 20-game packages or group outings of 25 or more, great locations are still available and can be secured by calling a Nationals sales representative at 202-675-NATS (6287) Monday through Friday during the regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. or by logging on to nationals.com.

Season ticket holders will be notified of their opportunity to purchase tickets for Opening Night and the remainder of the 2008 season prior to March 4. An e-mail notification will be sent this week to all season ticket holders with details regarding these pre-sale opportunities.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #35: February 12, 2008, 02:37:51 PM »
Here are the single game prices, and 2008 promotions.

(double click to expand to full size)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dave B

« Reply #36: February 12, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
sweet, lots of free t-shirts

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #37: February 12, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »
The prices on the premium games don't look all that jacked up to me.  I was expecting higher.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #38: February 12, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
I wonder what the chances are that there will be Opening Night tickets available.

« Reply #39: February 12, 2008, 03:50:54 PM »
I wonder what the chances are that there will be Opening Night tickets available.

There better be some available.

No offense to the Season Ticket Holders, I know they are the bread and butter, but half of them sell their tickets off or just don't go if they can't make it.  There are plenty of Nats fans looking for tickets and not everyone can afford a season ticket package.

I'm driving almost two full states to get to the games while season ticket jerk holder sits at home 10 miles away jerking off while giggling at his ticket auction on Ebay.  Makes me want to puke.

One day I am sure I will find a way to be a Season Ticket Holder and share all their pain and aggravation but until that day the love needs to be shared.

To make this all short: I want tickets, damn it!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #40: February 12, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »
Wow. You shouldn't hold back like that. You should tell us what you really feel.

There better be some available.

No offense to the Season Ticket Holders, I know they are the bread and butter, but half of them sell their tickets off or just don't go if they can't make it.  There are plenty of Nats fans looking for tickets and not everyone can afford a season ticket package.

I'm driving almost two full states to get to the games while season ticket jerk holder sits at home 10 miles away jerking off while giggling at his ticket auction on Ebay.  Makes me want to puke.

One day I am sure I will find a way to be a Season Ticket Holder and share all their pain and aggravation but until that day the love needs to be shared.

To make this all short: I want tickets, damn it!

« Reply #41: February 12, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »
Wow. You shouldn't hold back like that. You should tell us what you really feel.

It actually felt good.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #42: February 12, 2008, 04:03:50 PM »
Just wait and buy them on ebay or stubhub.  Tickets for Opening Day 2005 weren't astronomical.  I know, I would have sold mine if they were.

People are going to charge an arm and a leg now hoping to get the random sucker who wants to buy one. As the date gets closer and the tickets dont sell, the price will come down.

Even if you have to buy a 10 dollar ticket for like 25 bucks, really what is the big deal? Especially after ticketmaster charges you 8 dollars in fees. If Opening Day means that much to you, I'm sure you could spare 25 bucks.  It might be the last row, but whatever, it's a baseball game. Once you are out of the lower deck between the dugouts or bases and maybe very first few rows of the upper deck its all the same.

Everything evens out. There is no magical way to charge and receive ridiculous amounts of money for baseball tickets in at best an average baseball town.  Also it is a late Sunday night start, might be cold. If it was a nice day game, you get people who would leave worrk, etc.

I'm really not that hung up on it. Might passively look for tickets or try get something off a scalper close to gametime.  Maybe because I went in 2005, I'm not as excited about a new stadium as I was a new team. 

A nice september game with playoff implications is what'll get me jazzed

« Reply #43: February 12, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
Just wait and buy them on ebay or stubhub.  Tickets for Opening Day 2005 weren't astronomical.  I know, I would have sold mine if they were.

People are going to charge an arm and a leg now hoping to get the random sucker who wants to buy one. As the date gets closer and the tickets dont sell, the price will come down.

Even if you have to buy a 10 dollar ticket for like 25 bucks, really what is the big deal? Especially after ticketmaster charges you 8 dollars in fees. If Opening Day means that much to you, I'm sure you could spare 25 bucks.  It might be the last row, but whatever, it's a baseball game. Once you are out of the lower deck between the dugouts or bases and maybe very first few rows of the upper deck its all the same.

Everything evens out. There is no magical way to charge and receive ridiculous amounts of money for baseball tickets in at best an average baseball town.  Also it is a late Sunday night start, might be cold. If it was a nice day game, you get people who would leave worrk, etc.

I'm really not that hung up on it. Might passively look for tickets or try get something off a scalper close to gametime.  Maybe because I went in 2005, I'm not as excited about a new stadium as I was a new team. 

A nice september game with playoff implications is what'll get me jazzed

Thanks, Dave.  You've put me at complete ease.  Your just one more person I won't have to go through to get a ticket or two. :lol:

Scalper?  Ugh.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #44: February 12, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
I will be taking March 4th off, hopefully I will be taking March 31st off as well!!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #45: February 12, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
I'm going to buy as many opening day tickets as they'll let me.  As a full season ticket holder and combine organizer, we're probably going to let the opening day tickets go in a lottery within the group, but I want two for myself.  If I could get 4 more I'd buy them too, cause others in our group want them.  But anything I buy I will either use or put back into our group, no outside sale.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #46: February 12, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
Dave B.  I'm not so sure.  1st event in new stadium on National TV.  I hope you're right about them not being astronomical.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #47: February 12, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »
Dave B.  I'm not so sure.  1st event in new stadium on National TV.  I hope you're right about them not being astronomical.

Could it be any bigger than a new team showing up in 2005? Its also at a stadium that is harder to get to. National TV just means you can probably stay home and watch on TV, HD at that. It doesnt mean it is going to be a better game. But maybe there is an unwarranted hype aspect to it

Scalper?  Ugh.

I dont understand the aversion to scalpers.  They provide a valuable service to facilitate the exchange of tickets between those who dont want them and those who do.

You could cut out the middle man (scalper) and just ask everybody walking by if they have extra tickets they want to sell and save money without the scalper mark up.

« Reply #48: February 12, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »
Could it be any bigger than a new team showing up in 2005? Its also at a stadium that is harder to get to. National TV just means you can probably stay home and watch on TV, HD at that. It doesnt mean it is going to be a better game. But maybe there is an unwarranted hype aspect to it.

I think your seriously underestimating it all.  New stadium, some great signings, buzz about how much better we were last year than predicted, televised Opening Day game, and just general growing interest could make this a huge event.  It definitely will be historical in a sense.

I for one are not going to be lazy about it and treat it as a normal everyday game.  I will try hard to get my tickets.

I dont understand the aversion to scalpers.  They provide a valuable service to facilitate the exchange of tickets between those who dont want them and those who do.

You could cut out the middle man (scalper) and just ask everybody walking by if they have extra tickets they want to sell and save money without the scalper mark up.

They are seedy as all can be and annoying. You also have to worry about forgeries.  I personally would never go that route.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #49: February 12, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »

They are seedy as all can be and annoying. You also have to worry about forgeries.  I personally would never go that route.

That has become a concern. I would beware of printed tickets.