Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #175: May 08, 2011, 08:28:50 PM »
Ok, there it was.  Ray was reading Harper's stats from the screen.

RK:  "He's hitting .371"
JH:  "Actually .375"
RK:  "I can read it's up there on the board."
JH:  "I have .375 here.  Which one are we going with?"
RK:  "I'm going by the board.  If you interrupt me again, I'm going to let you do the s rest of the show by yourself."

Knight didn't return after the break :shock:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #176: May 08, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
What? Did he sound pissed? Him and JH usually get along great

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #177: May 08, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
They seemed like they were joking around earlier, but that exchange Ray sounded genuinely irritated IMO.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #178: May 08, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
He could be a super cool guy that struggles with control.

Who gives a crap about that? You can be the nicest person in the world but if you can't freaking produce you shouldn't be on the field.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #179: May 08, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
Who gives a crap about that? You can be the nicest person in the world but if you can't freaking produce you shouldn't be on the field.

Obviously, but he shouldn't be pilloried either.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #180: May 08, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »
Obviously, but he shouldn't be pilloried either.

But people aren't attacking him personally are they? They are just blasting his on field "performance". huge difference.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #181: May 08, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »
I don't think there are any fans that want to see this guy do anything but implode.  Mission Accomplish®.

That's pretty close, but you are right, the attacks are not as personal as I thought. I don't think he's garbage or trash, I never met the guy, and anyone who thinks he isn't upset is ridiculous.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #182: May 08, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »
That's pretty close, but you are right, the attacks are not as personal as I thought. I don't think he's garbage or trash, I never met the guy, and anyone who thinks he isn't upset is ridiculous.

I agree that he has to be upset. But that doesn't do much for our bullpen.  :lol:  As for the post, I don't know why people want to see him implode except for maybe they want to see the Nats cut their ties with him. I don't think the Nats are going to do that any time soon so I would rather see him figure it out (as unlikely as that seems) and help the club.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #183: May 08, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
I agree that he has to be upset. But that doesn't do much for our bullpen.  :lol:  As for the post, I don't know why people want to see him implode except for maybe they want to see the Nats cut their ties with him. I don't think the Nats are going to do that any time soon so I would rather see him figure it out (as unlikely as that seems) and help the club.

:clap:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #184: May 08, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »

You do realize I posted that after Bob said something along the lines of "fans are wanting to see HRod work his magic".  Two seconds later he and FP were both saying "if you can't produce in low stress, no stakes situations or find the strike zone you aren't staying in the majors".   This was also around the time McCatty came out and looked like he was trying to be body slam HRod on the mound.  It didn't help that our TV broadcasting team were saying HRod doesn't know where his fastball is going to go.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #185: May 08, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
You do realize I posted that after Bob said something along the lines of "fans are wanting to see HRod work his magic".  Two seconds later he and FP were both saying "if you can't produce in low stress, no stakes situations or find the strike zone you aren't staying in the majors".   This was also around the time McCatty came out and looked like he was trying to be body slam HRod on the mound.  It didn't help that our TV broadcasting team were saying HRod doesn't know where his fastball is going to go.

I wasn't watching :lol: It IS Mother's Day.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #186: May 08, 2011, 10:53:55 PM »
I wasn't watching :lol: It IS Mother's Day.

After spending the weekend in Morgantown I had to do something to get back to humanity.