Author Topic: MLB Videogames  (Read 28032 times)

Offline ZIM4MVP

Re: MLB Videogames
« Reply #275: April 28, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »
Hey guys I'm playing MLB2k10 along with the Nats season.  Follow along on Twitter http://twitter.com/nats2k10

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #276: April 28, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
Hey guys I'm playing MLB2k10 along with the Nats season.  Follow along on Twitter http://twitter.com/nats2k10

Damn you guys sent down Stammen?  Sucks for him.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #277: April 28, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
Damn you guys sent down Stammen?  Sucks for him.
Hes been rocked in ever start this year, brought Mock up in his place

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #278: April 28, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »
what's the best game for a WII that my 7 & 9 year old kids would enjoy?

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #279: April 28, 2010, 08:51:56 PM »
what's the best game for a WII that my 7 & 9 year old kids would enjoy?
Mario Party or Mario Kart

Offline imref

« Reply #280: April 28, 2010, 08:56:12 PM »
Mario Party or Mario Kart

Chuckle, I meant baseball. 

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #281: April 28, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
You might want to put one of those nets like they have behind home plate in front of your TV :shock:

Offline imref

« Reply #282: April 28, 2010, 10:07:50 PM »
You might want to put one of those nets like they have behind home plate in front of your TV :shock:

we bought rubber guards for the wii controllers, they've already smacked each other a few times.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #283: April 28, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »
There aren't any good baseball games for Wii, the best sports game I've played is Tiger Woods, the worst are Madden and NBA Live

Offline imref

« Reply #284: April 28, 2010, 11:55:37 PM »
thx, yeah, we have Madden 2010 for Wii, the kids would rather play Madden 2008 on the PC.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #285: May 02, 2010, 10:16:14 PM »
Good old RBI Baseball from the NES cracks me up.  Still a hoot to play, and watching the comps play each other is hilarious.  AL vs NL is 8-3 in the top of the 4th, and the NL starter is pitching 45 mph :lol:

30 mph breaking ball :lmao:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #286: May 02, 2010, 10:23:58 PM »
Bwahahaha, the NL 3B just caught a liner and tried to pick off the runner at third by throwing the ball to third :icon_mrgreen:

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #287: May 02, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »
Forgot to mention, I'm in the 2011 season of my franchise now. I won the World Series in 2010... here's what my team currently looks like (I made a ton of trades in the offseason):

C Matt Wieters, 1B Adam Dunn, 2B Howie Kendrick, 3B Ryan Zimmerman, SS Ian Desmond, LF Adam Lind, CF Andrew McCutcheon, RF Nelson Cruz. SP: Rich Harden, Scott Feldman, John Lannan, Stephen Strasburg, Ross Detwiler. Pen: Daniel Bard, Frank Francisco, Kyle McClelland, Sean Burnett, Tyler Clippard, Brian Bannister.

I am playing on All-Star now, which is much harder, but I moved the base-stealing ones back to Pro (stealing is impossible as it is), and batting is right about in the middle between Pro and All-Star. Left the pitching and CPU sliders (CPU got a ton better). I'm like .500 right now.

One notable thing: I had a perfect game going on opening day with Rich Harden against the Phillies, nearly won a million bucks (is that thing still going?)... Ryan Howard hit a HR to lead off the 8th. 7 perfect innings, and I lost the game!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #288: May 02, 2010, 10:40:41 PM »
In my The Show franchise, I'm like 6-7 games under .500 right near the all-star break.

Rotation is Strasburg (called him up June 1), Lannan, Atilano, Marquis, and Stammen. All have a sub-4.5 ERA. Olsen, Marquis, Wang, and Detwiler have all had stints and been inconsistent. Even Lannan was sent down for a few weeks.

Anyways, the only significant roster moves I've made have been trading for Ryan Sweeney (slumping, but was hitting .310 with 6 HR and 23 RBI, 5 steals from the 2-hole) and signing Doug Mientkiewicz as a back-up first baseman. My offense has been inconsistent, no one is hitting for much power (Zimmerman's been ~.250-.260 all year), and Dunn only has like 15 HRs. I put him on the block because I have a feeling he's going to ask for a crapload of money in the offseason for a long-term deal (Doug Mientkiewicz asked for a 5-year deal worth 2 mill per!) and I don't want to give that to him.

Texas approached me with a deal. Justin Smoak (still in AAA), Holland (P), and Teagarden (C) for Dunn and Bergmann. I am really conflicted by this. I love Smoak and Holland has poor stats but is young with potential. Teagarden is a defense-only catcher, really. Flores is backing up Pudge right now. Fair to accept? I want to build a team behind pitching, speed, and defense, and am looking for a younger first-baseman. Smoak isn't good defensively, but he's Smoak and under control.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #289: May 02, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »
I'm thinking of creating an uber-Nationals, of like under-25 players. I'm bored of my current team.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #290: May 02, 2010, 10:42:40 PM »
I guess this is what happens when you have a computer-enforced consistent strike zone :stir:

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #291: May 02, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »
is that from like the 80s lmao

Offline The Chief

« Reply #292: May 02, 2010, 10:47:56 PM »
is that from like the 80s lmao

Damn right :thumbs:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #293: May 03, 2010, 06:06:38 AM »
In my The Show franchise, I'm like 6-7 games under .500 right near the all-star break.

Rotation is Strasburg (called him up June 1), Lannan, Atilano, Marquis, and Stammen. All have a sub-4.5 ERA. Olsen, Marquis, Wang, and Detwiler have all had stints and been inconsistent. Even Lannan was sent down for a few weeks.

Anyways, the only significant roster moves I've made have been trading for Ryan Sweeney (slumping, but was hitting .310 with 6 HR and 23 RBI, 5 steals from the 2-hole) and signing Doug Mientkiewicz as a back-up first baseman. My offense has been inconsistent, no one is hitting for much power (Zimmerman's been ~.250-.260 all year), and Dunn only has like 15 HRs. I put him on the block because I have a feeling he's going to ask for a crapload of money in the offseason for a long-term deal (Doug Mientkiewicz asked for a 5-year deal worth 2 mill per!) and I don't want to give that to him.

Texas approached me with a deal. Justin Smoak (still in AAA), Holland (P), and Teagarden (C) for Dunn and Bergmann. I am really conflicted by this. I love Smoak and Holland has poor stats but is young with potential. Teagarden is a defense-only catcher, really. Flores is backing up Pudge right now. Fair to accept? I want to build a team behind pitching, speed, and defense, and am looking for a younger first-baseman. Smoak isn't good defensively, but he's Smoak and under control.

Dunn did take a ton of money for me to resign. For me, he was mediocre in 2010 but had 20+ at the all star break in 2011. Factor in how bad my power is and I'm glad I resigned him.

Pudge retired after 2010 and completely screwed my catcher situation.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #294: May 07, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »
In my 2k10 MLB league which I had to pay to get in, I just won the semi finals. I'm in the world series now. I received 30$ upon making the playoffs and now I will win atleast 60$ more if I lose the world series. If I win I get 250$.

I'm pumped, just beat the best player. I had the White Sox. Hell yeah!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #295: May 09, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
My opening day battery in 2011 is Strasburg-Harper. (I drafted a 18-YO catcher in 2010 first overall and just changed his name and appearance)

Awesome.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #296: May 09, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »
My opening day battery in 2011 is Strasburg-Harper. (I drafted a 18-YO catcher in 2010 first overall and just changed his name and appearance)

Awesome.

:rofl: An 18 year old starting? Are his stats good?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #297: May 09, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »
:rofl: An 18 year old starting? Are his stats good?

He's 19 now, when I drafted him he was a tad better than Norris so I just bumped him up to MLB level and Pudge went to the bench (he wasn't even hitting well for me).

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #298: May 10, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »
On OOTP baseball, I took over the Milwaukee Brewers. 2010: team sucked. Gutted it. Traded away Cory Hart, Jody Gerut, Jim Edmonds, Casey McGehee, Dave Bush, Manny Parra, Jeff Suppan, and Rickie Weeks. 2011: the trades I made pay off. 96-66 and lost to the Braves in the NLCS 4-2 (Tommy Hanson had like 25 Ks in 2 starts).

My lineup at the end of 2011:
SS Alcides Escobar
CF Colby Rasmus
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
3B Mat Gamel
2B Dan Uggla/Joe Inglett (Inglett hit .309...actually benched Uggla for him)
RF Will Venable
C Jason Castro

SP Gallardo
SP Greinke (!)
SP Cliff Lee (!!)
SP Kevin Correia
SP Jorge de la Rosa/Brandon Morrow
CL Bobby Jenks

This offseason I have $30 mil to spend, but the free agent market absolutely sucks. Papelbon, Broxton, and a load of crap. The top SP is Rich Harden and the top batter is something like J.D. Drew. I need a top-flight right fielder and can afford to trade Uggla and a couple of relievers. My bullpen had a collective ERA of like 2.40 and I had about 9 viable MLB relievers...

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #299: January 17, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »
So The Show 2011 has basically no upgrades to Franchise mode. Major bummer. I thought Franchise would get some TLC after all the major issues this past year. If anyone cares, here's my wish list:

* Dynasty import from one version to the next. This would make the game into an insta-buy each year for me and I could get deeper into my Franchise (needed when you play as a team like the Nats).
* Deeper and better draft. Five rounds is absurd and doesn't come close to mirroring the actual draft. Better scouting. More ability categories for prospects. I'd love to see this get as deep as recruiting is for NCAA.
* Deeper farm system (A, Rookie Ball, AFL, etc) and deeper potential system. More turnover in the minor leagues that allows for the deeper draft.
* Better free agency AI.
* More AI manager strategies. Every team feels the same when I play against them.
* Improved batting order decisions by AI managers. Hanley batting eighth when he's still roping the ball is a stretch.
* Fixed fielding physics. Getting stuck on walls is annoying.
* More bloop hits. These are very rare (at least for me).
* Improved baserunning -- leads and steals are too risky, at least for me. Way too many successful pick offs.
* Better AI defense against bunts.
* Better AI defensive awareness. Sometimes they don't cut the run on ground balls when the situation dictates they should.

Anyway, since basically none of that got done I'll have a pretty hard decision. I would love to play with Werth and Strasburg and the new uniforms, but it is an ideal year to speak with my wallet.

I burned out a month or two ago on my 2010 Nats Franchise. I made the playoffs in 2012 with a 95-67 record. Worst to first 2011-2012. Here's my lineup/rotation. Keep in mind this was pre-Strasburg and I didn't have real minor leagues:

CF Willie Harris (Willie went from utility to starter this year and batted .307 with 10 HRs... LOL)
SS Stephen Drew (I traded a good SS prospect for him at the TD)
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn (resigned with mega deal. .321 with 48 bombs in 2012.)
2B Billy Wilson* (drafted him 1-1 in 2010. .286 19 HRs this year, on fire in playoffs)
RF Eddie Godwin*
LF Josh Willingham
C John Buck

Cliff Lee
Dustin McGowan
Jordan Zimmermann
Sandy Heck*
JD Martin

Fictional players are starred. I'm actually in the NLCS against Philly, up one game to none. But when Cliff Lee signed with Philly and the Nats let Dunn walk I couldn't play my Franchise without getting annoyed.

So I'm thinking about getting more into OOTP. I have OOTP 10. A couple questions:

-Is there a release of OOTP coming this year? Does it release every year or less regularly? If there's no release coming this year I'll probably go ahead and upgrade to OOTP 11.
-Is there anywhere I can find an updated roster with this off-season included? I have found good 2010 rosters but would love to start with Werth/LaRoche etc. If there is not, is it relatively easy in game to sim ahead and force results?
-Is there a way to switch the field screenshot? I hate looking at CBP.
-Why are there so many Phillies fans on the OOTP forums?