Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 7882 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
This  kid is special

gozimm

HOMERUNNNNNNNNNNN ESCOBAR!!!!!!
i guess hes alright after all

Offline UMDNats

Escobar 2-run PH HR!!!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
HOT DAMN!  ESCOOOOOOBAAAAARRRRR!

(I'm at home now, but i just got the update on my phone.)

gozimm

But he was limping running around the bases

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
He limped all the way around the diamond. he's still hurt

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
We need to get this kid healthy and get him in the lineup on a regular basis. He brings a lot to the table.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Wow ... he is really seeing the baseball ... did you see that at bat ... all those pitches he fouled off ... wow ... he's hitting great ... hopefully the hammy is just stiff, apparently he tweaked the right one and not reinjured the left one - so hopefully he's just stiff ... still got pop in the bat ... good to see Felipe on the bench getting jazzed about the homerun too ...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "spidernat"
We need to get this kid healthy and get him in the lineup on a regular basis. He brings a lot to the table.

Quoted, for truth.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Man Kearns has a cannon!  Should have been out!

Offline KyleScha

Yeah, it really is a shame to see escobar hurt again. This guy just cant catch a break. I hope it really isnt serious and it wont hurt his chances at continuing to start in center field.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Hell, even if he's ok to just pinch hit - that's a total bonus ...

Offline spidernat

It appeared that the one pitch hit him but maybe he was feeling so confident about the way he was seeing the ball that he didn't even argue it, besides, he would've been taken out for a pinch runner. Then again, he was hit by a pitch the other night and wasn't awarded the base so maybe he figured why bother with these useless umpires. The ump behind the plate today has been inconsistent all game.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I have a question, if a ball bounces into the dirt and then hits you ... are you still "hit by the pitch"? or is it just a ball?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Ryan!! ... c'mon ... let's make it a Ryan hitting party today!

gozimm

Church is a PR

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "gozimm"
Church is a PR

In the words of rosanna danna ...  "never mind" ...

Willie Mays Hayes 00

Woa, where did Ryan Church come from? Did he just get called up or is there something im missing? I personally would like to see Church play more, i think he has a lot of potential and I had no idea why he was sent down in the first place. I remember him hitting the grand slam vs the marlins, and then being sent down a week later.

Offline spidernat

Quote from: "wpa2629"
I have a question, if a ball bounces into the dirt and then hits you ... are you still "hit by the pitch"? or is it just a ball?

Absolutely. The ball can bounce in the dirt or even be rolled all the way to the plate and as long as the batter makes even a token attempt to elude it he is awarded 1st base if it hits him.

Offline spidernat

Church was called up before today's game and Gybroski optioned to AAA.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
There we go ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "spidernat"
Quote from: "wpa2629"

Absolutely. The ball can bounce in the dirt or even be rolled all the way to the plate and as long as the batter makes even a token attempt to elude it he is awarded 1st base if it hits him.

Thank you!

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Crowd of 38000 today

Offline spidernat

Watch, Church will catch a little fire for about a week and people will start clamoring about how great he is. Then he'll go back to his usual prolonged slumps and get sent down and people will complain about how unfair he is being treated.

Personally I would love to see Church fulfill his promise but I just don't see it happening.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

who was the injury delay for?