Author Topic: **PROGRAM ALERT** Strasburg debut on MASN!  (Read 5981 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

**PROGRAM ALERT** Strasburg debut on MASN!
« Topic Start: July 12, 2010, 06:54:19 PM »
7:00 PM - Monday July 12, 2010
NATIONALS CLASSICS #12:
 :worship:STRASBURG'S 14K'S vs. PIRATES
(6/8/10)

Relive the magic!
                 :dibbs:

AGAIN TONIGHT, Sunday Aug 22, 2010 7:00 PM ON MASN!!!!
7:00 PM
NATIONALS CLASSICS #12:
STRASBURG'S 14KS vs. PIRATES
(6/8/10)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: STRASBURG DEBUT REPLAY TONIGHT ON MASN!
« Reply #1: July 12, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »
Same time as the AS HR Derby?

Is it possible to record on DVD?  I'm willing to pay if someone can do it For me.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2: July 12, 2010, 07:12:42 PM »
Same time as the AS HR Derby?

Is it possible to record on DVD?  I'm willing to pay if someone can do it For me.

The Home Run Derby is at 8pm and will be repeated:
Tuesday 3:00 am in the TV listing, which is actually Wed 3:00 am - ESPN
Sat noon on ESPN-2 July 17

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #3: July 12, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
Correction.  Can someone record STRASBURG tonight for me.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #4: July 12, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
The Strasburg debut was over in about 2.5 hours so you can see most of Strasburg's innings before the Home Run Derby begins.

The debut and Strasburg's continuing drawing power shows the front office that this team has the potential to virtually sell out every game, if they assemble a truly competitive team.  That means more pitchers who can actually strike batters out, and some better batting... and major league fielding, instead of this error-prone group.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #5: July 12, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
QFT

Offline Dave B

« Reply #6: July 12, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »
doesnt this game really just show how unclassic the 11 other nationals classics are?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #7: July 12, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »
I'd rather rewatch the 7/3 game.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #8: July 12, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
Is it possible to record on DVD?  I'm willing to pay if someone can do it For me.

The Nats will be giving out the DVDs as a giveaway at future games.  This one is for real, I've got the link:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100712&content_id=12218068&vkey=pr_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

Date TBD - Stephen Strasburg Commemorative DVD
Commemorative DVD copies of Stephen Strasburg's historic debut against the Pittsburgh Pirates on June 8 will be distributed to the first 15,000 Nationals fans at a yet-to-be-determined game during the second half of the season. Presented by Harris Teeter, the DVD will contain MASN's broadcast coverage of the entire game as well as bonus features, including post-game interviews, highlights and a "Know Your Nats" segment with Strasburg.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #9: July 12, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »
those last six pitches and two k's were great

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #10: July 13, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »
I want one!   :nervous: :pray:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #11: July 13, 2010, 08:44:10 AM »
The Nats will be giving out the DVDs as a giveaway at future games.  This one is for real, I've got the link:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20100712&content_id=12218068&vkey=pr_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

Date TBD - Stephen Strasburg Commemorative DVD
Commemorative DVD copies of Stephen Strasburg's historic debut against the Pittsburgh Pirates on June 8 will be distributed to the first 15,000 Nationals fans at a yet-to-be-determined game during the second half of the season. Presented by Harris Teeter, the DVD will contain MASN's broadcast coverage of the entire game as well as bonus features, including post-game interviews, highlights and a "Know Your Nats" segment with Strasburg.

Damn, that's a quality giveaway.     :clap: :woop: :pray: :cheers:

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #12: July 13, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »
I recorded my DVD on the night of the game.  I just had a feeling that something special was going to happen that night, so I slid a blank DVD in my recorder.  Who knew??!  :thumbs: :woop: :clap:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #13: July 13, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »
Damn, that's a quality giveaway.     :clap: :woop: :pray: :cheers:

That is very nice.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #14: July 13, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
I CALLED THAT! I forget where I posted it but I said I'd love to get a DVD of his first start to keep forever. I can't wait to get it.

Offline blue911

« Reply #15: July 13, 2010, 03:02:12 PM »
I CALLED THAT! I forget where I posted it but I said I'd love to get a DVD of his first start to keep forever. I can't wait to get it.

That way you can watch Lastings Milledge piss his pants at home plate whenever you want.  :D

Offline nats2playoffs

It's being aired from 7pm - 10 pm now, with analysis by Ray Knight in retrospect.

Top of the 6th inning now.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Date to be determined is perfect to keep people guessing which games to buy tickets for. It's like a Strasburg debut all over again.  :lmao:

Offline UMDNats

Date to be determined is perfect to keep people guessing which games to buy tickets for. It's like a Strasburg debut all over again.  :lmao:

Think they'll slip rumors to the media to get people to buy tickets for one game, only to change it officially to the next week?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
We were there and, believe it or not, I spent too much time running for beer to enjoy the original game.  So last night's replay was great to watch.

It's being aired from 7pm - 10 pm now, with analysis by Ray Knight in retrospect.

(Image removed from quote.)

Top of the 6th inning now.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
they are going to wear this game out.

how many damn times are they going to show it in a month and a half?

Offline Dave B

they are going to wear this game out.

how many damn times are they going to show it in a month and a half?

what else is MASN going to put on? ESPNews? Scott Garceau (whoever the hell he is)?

this is the only non live sporting event programming this channel has that is worth airing

Offline HalfSmokes

what else is MASN going to put on? ESPNews? Scott Garceau (whoever the hell he is)?

yes has yankeeographies, they could do the same thing for the Nationals- Brad Wilkerson, Odalas Perez, Patterson, Boone, just think of all the greatness.

Seriously though, documentaries on O's and Senators hall of famers and other events, baseball coming to DC, Camden Yards, Baseball leaving DC two times, could fill airtime, then again that would require a produiction budget

Offline Vladman1327

I recorded this game on DVR.  I just wish I knew how to copy that onto a DVD.  Anyone have any ideas?

Offline nats2playoffs

AGAIN TONIGHT, Sunday Aug 22, 2010 7:00 PM ON MASN!!!!
7:00 PM
NATIONALS CLASSICS #12:
STRASBURG'S 14KS vs. PIRATES
(6/8/10)