Author Topic: Fantasy Baseball  (Read 931 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Fantasy Baseball
« Topic Start: December 19, 2006, 09:19:45 AM »
Anyone got any good websites they know of?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Fantasy Baseball
« Reply #1: December 19, 2006, 09:25:19 AM »
I really dig Sandbox.com

It's $4.95/month but you can play every sport they offer (should you not want to just restrict yourself to baseball).  there is a good community of people who are active and the coverage is rather extensive.  The drawback to it is that because it is relatively inexpensive there is a fair share of people who aren't active but if you navigate around and find a good group of people who invite you into a private league you can have a good time.  

The site is uber user-friendly and the bells and whistles are added more and more every year.  

I do try to stay away from the free sites because they tend to be overloaded with trolls and dead-beat owners.  Just a suggestion.

If you don't mind spending the cash, I've heard that ESPN.com is top-notch.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Fantasy Baseball
« Reply #2: December 19, 2006, 04:10:31 PM »
I used to be the Nationals owner on MLBFantasyGM.com, a free private league.  But then they completely got rid of everything and started fresh, so I quit.

Offline UMDNats

Fantasy Baseball
« Reply #3: December 19, 2006, 10:54:41 PM »
Yahoo.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Fantasy Baseball
« Reply #4: December 20, 2006, 12:17:23 AM »
I've been using the MLB.com fantasy leagues for about 5 years.  The statistics engine is powered by Sporting News and runs real-time scoring while games are in progress.  I also like CBS Sportsline's league as well - they have a really great analysis staff.  It's all preference really...most all of them have different varieties to whatever you desire and the price range you wish.  Pearl of wisdom for ya - cheaper the price - less competitiveness, lots of people give up in the middle of the season if they didn't spend much $.