Author Topic: Ted Lerner Interview  (Read 853 times)

Offline nats4ever

Ted Lerner Interview
« Topic Start: January 21, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
Hey guys here is an interesting Ted Lerner interview from 2014-

(part 2)
  (Cool Mark Lerner interview)

What's interesting is he mentions his grandkids will be getting involved with the nats in the future and learning. He has 9 grandkids.  So looks like Mark will run the team in the near future. Also, it seems Lerners total net worth is around 4 billion. You might not like lerner, but the nats could always have the ricketts from the cubs or angelos and his sons (who will run the team when he dies) as owners.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Ted Lerner Interview
« Reply #1: January 21, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
Hopefully it'll be like Queen Elizabeth, Charles and Prince William.     Mark thinks he's gonna run the team.    Ted will live long enough for the grand kids to take over.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #2: January 21, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »
That's great.  Can he bunt?

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #3: January 21, 2015, 01:23:27 PM »
That's great.  Can he bunt?
No be could be an owner and not spend any money we could be the pirates. But they have been willing to spend money and provide us with a winner.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #4: January 25, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »
Lerner: "Shirley Povich was a close friend of mine, and I wish he were here...."

Perfect ending.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #5: January 25, 2015, 04:31:17 PM »
Lerner: "Shirley Povich was a close friend of mine, and I wish he were here...."

Perfect ending.

:thumbs:

OT   Neighbor and I met Shirley's son (not Maury) at Nats' Park.   Nice guy.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #6: January 25, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »
Hey guys here is an interesting Ted Lerner interview from 2014-

(part 2)
  (Cool Mark Lerner interview)

What's interesting is he mentions his grandkids will be getting involved with the nats in the future and learning. He has 9 grandkids.  So looks like Mark will run the team in the near future. Also, it seems Lerners total net worth is around 4 billion. You might not like lerner, but the nats could always have the ricketts from the cubs or angelos and his sons (who will run the team when he dies) as owners.
Or you could have a Ricketts' for a Governor.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #7: January 27, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »
Or you could have a Ricketts' for a Governor.

...or we could have an owner without money. Clark Griffith was a genius when teams bought players from independent minor league teams, but the Griffith family had no income outside of the team. The expansion team had two or three ownership groups but none of them had money.

This is fun: a family with roots in DC (listen to Ted Lerner's accent!) and more money than Angelos, and maybe more than Angelos and the Steinbrenners put together. If Dan Snyder would only sell the Redskins to the Lerner family!