Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3  (Read 47076 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #50: September 03, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »
Hell yeah Casto, WELCOME BACK!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #51: September 03, 2008, 07:35:49 PM »
I love when my teams play w/ some fight. Nice job quickly tying it back up. :clap:

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #52: September 03, 2008, 07:35:51 PM »
ugh the video in gameday won't work

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #53: September 03, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »
Nice. It's great to have Eckstein back after his well earned one night off.  :lol:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #54: September 03, 2008, 07:36:13 PM »
QFT, insane fans.  I have seen/been caught up in some huge riots that would be unimaginable in the States (during a sporting event) while I was in Italy.  For all the publicity English hooligans get, I actually think Italian "ultras" are crazier, mostly because they do the same things as hooligans... only without the alcohol.

Zimmerman is getting back on track as well.  Finishing strong will be good for him.

Funny thing about soccer...I grew up in Broward County Florida. I don't know if you remember the NASL (North American Soccer League). We had a team in Ft. Lauderdale called the Strikers. They used to come to my school and talk to us. I thought it was a big deal at the time.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #55: September 03, 2008, 07:36:27 PM »
Unless there are any objections, I will provide updates on the Potomac game as it progresses

Offline daveb32

« Reply #56: September 03, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »
I think Zimmerman has 25-30 potential.  Milledge has somewhere around 25 HR potential, but could hit as much as 40 if he continues to improve his eye and swing.  Dukes easily has 30+ potential in a fully healthy season.  Flores is a wildcard in my mind, I am not fully convinced that he can be a 25 HR type guy in his career; I would say more like 15 HRs, but with close to 90 RBIs (if we have baserunners).

Yeah I don't think Flores will be a 20-25 during his career. I think he's more in the 12-17 home run range.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #57: September 03, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
Unless there are any objections, I will provide updates on the Potomac game as it progresses

please do

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #58: September 03, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »
Someone on our team will have 20 HR by the AS break next season. Someone else will have 15. I can feel it. :D

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #59: September 03, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »
I didn't pay attention to the Caps (or hockey in general) full-time until last season. I definitely recommend it. It really is great.

For my money...it's the most entertaining sport to watch in person. Also...you have to see Ovechkin. His kind doesn't come around all that often.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #60: September 03, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
Nice. It's great to have Eckstein back after his well earned one night off.  :lol:

QFT. No one freaks w/ the Eckstein-Nats.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #61: September 03, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »
Martis gets a start tomorrow.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #62: September 03, 2008, 07:39:34 PM »
Martis to start tomorrow night!

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #63: September 03, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
OT: ESPN's front page poll asks who will have a better record, Giants or Redskins... of course I voted Redskins. But when I went to the map to see how each state voted, Massachusetts was the only state voting in favor of the Skins! :lol:

I'm probably the only one here who's voting positively for the Skins vs. negatively for the Giants.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #64: September 03, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
Funny thing about soccer...I grew up in Broward County Florida. I don't know if you remember the NASL (North American Soccer League). We had a team in Ft. Lauderdale called the Strikers. They used to come to my school and talk to us. I thought it was a big deal at the time.

Yeah, I studied a lot about the sports industry when I was in college.  It was a decent attempt at a soccer league, but the American public just wasn't ready (I don't know if they are now either).  I don't know anyone famous off the top of my head from Ft. Lauderdale team though.  Pele definitely stands out as the star in that league, though.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #65: September 03, 2008, 07:39:54 PM »
For my money...it's the most entertaining sport to watch in person. Also...you have to see Ovechkin. His kind doesn't come around all that often.

How great is it to have that type of athlete in this area? We haven't had many.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #66: September 03, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
OT: ESPN's front page poll asks who will have a better record, Giants or Redskins... of course I voted Redskins. But when I went to the map to see how each state voted, Massachusetts was the only state voting in favor of the Skins! :lol:

I'm probably the only one here who's voting positively for the Skins vs. negatively for the Giants.

More than likely the Giants, but they lost alot on defense. Cowboys are the class of that division, as much as that pains me to say.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #67: September 03, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »

I'm not down on the Skins because of the freaking preseason. I need to see them look bad over the first month before I make that determination.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #68: September 03, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »
How great is it to have that type of athlete in this area? We haven't had many.

Thank god they locked him up for a while.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #69: September 03, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
Potomac-Wilmington:  Atliano has let up 2 hits in two innings and no runs.  Michael Martinez has the only hit of the game for the P-Nats thus far.  Its in the top of the 3rd, 0-0.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #70: September 03, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »
I'm not down on the Skins because of the ****ing preseason. I need to see them look bad over the first month before I make that determination.

When I said "here", I meant Massachusetts lol.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #71: September 03, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
Yeah I don't think Flores will be a 20-25 during his career. I think he's more in the 12-17 home run range.

Really? I think he could get one every 8 games. Sounds like a lot, but he definitely could do it.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #72: September 03, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
I'm not down on the Skins because of the freaking preseason. I need to see them look bad over the first month before I make that determination.

QFT.  I don't see the Giants repeating, personally.  There D was pillaged in the off-season, plus their main strength, the D-Line, has lost their two top guys in Strahan and Omeniyora.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #73: September 03, 2008, 07:43:44 PM »
Really? I think he could get one every 8 games. Sounds like a lot, but he definitely could do it.

The only problem is that he wouldn't be catching everyday. That would have him playing 160 games. I think he's the type of players that will get them in bunches so I see it as a possibility. He'll at least challenge 20.

MrMadison

« Reply #74: September 03, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »
More than likely the Giants, but they lost alot on defense. Cowboys are the class of that division, as much as that pains me to say.

cowboys were the class of the division last season too.

and we saw how that turned out.

that said, Osi's injury hurts us immensely. having Kiwi at linebacker would have been trouble for opposing teams, as he is basically a DE in the first place.  but now he's got to play DE, and we'll have to scramble a bit to find a OLB to take his place.  our pass rush will be fine, i think. but our LB core is hurting now.