Author Topic: Breaking up a no-hitter discussion (formerly Chief's rant)  (Read 3841 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
Quote from: "The Chief"
Quote from: "Senators2005"
I feel your pain chief...but the Cards have a job to do, and that's to try and win the game regardless.  I don't like it either, but I don't blame them for doing what they are paid to do.

Meh, job, what job?  Their job to choke in the playoffs against a wildcard team?  They suck.  They've had 4 years to win a ring and they F it up every time.  Reminds me of the Choke-A-Delphia Eagles.

End rant.

:lol: They do choke alot, but the AL is SO much better than the NL.

:oops:  :evil:  :|  :roll:  :shock:  :doh:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Hey!  That gives me an idea for a new thread!  :lol:

Nats Bruin

Quote from: "NatsAddict"
Curt Shilling whining.  Always has, always will.  

He's never given up a legitmate hit in his entire career - every batter he's ever faced has been juiced.  At least until he was under oath.

He's one of the best, I'd pay to see him pitch, and he sure would look good in a Nats uniform.

The every batter juiced is just you doing what you claim Shill does. The under oath comment is unfounded and as a matter of fact, the panel you speak of "under oath", Curt was BY FAR the best day on Capital Hill
 :lol:

Offline rich_nats

Looks like we conceded all nine innings last night - the mark of a classy organization  :roll:

I guess Monday's game wasn't so bad after all.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Quote from: "rich_nats"
Looks like we conceded all nine innings last night - the mark of a classy organization  :roll:

I guess Monday's game wasn't so bad after all.

Jeez man, I said I overreacted  :oops:

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "LetsGoNats"
I didn't create the "rule", I just know it exists.  I remember a game a few years ago where somebody bunted to break up a no hitter late in the game and the manager got real hot.

This is correct.  An "unwritten rule," since the bunt in that situation is done, not to win the game, but just to break up the no-hitter.  The opponent is expected to try to WIN the game, but if someone bunts in the 9th inning, presumably with nobody on base, it's considered a really sleazy way to just avoid the stigma of a no hitter.  At that point, you need a real hit and not a "trick play."  Gotta Be a Man.