Author Topic: Time for a REALLY contentious topic for heated angry discussion...  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
...where is the best ballpark food in the world?  My experience is limited (so far) to Washington, Baltimore, NY, Boston, Philly, and SF (Candlestick Park many years ago).  Right now, my standing fave is the brisket sandwich with onions and fresh horseradish from the BBQ stand on Eutaw St at Camden Yards.  I hear San Diego has superb chow, and someone at work who went to a Tokyo Giants game a few years ago said the noodle soup and draft Asahi there is awesome.  Anyone got a personal best they want to throw out there?

Offline NatsAddict

I am assuming this is restricted to stadium concessions (excludes tailgating), the best I've had is the BBQ Pork at Minute Maid, and a sausage and peppers sub at Coors.

The burgers at the then Prince William Cannons games, circa 1990, are still my favorite ballpark burgers, and still beat out all spring training, minor league, and pro stadiums.

I want to try Boog Powell's place in Camden some day.  I've heard great things about it.  Also, I've heard great things about Kauffman Stadium in KC.

Pro stadiums I've been to:  Dolphin Stadium, AT&T, Busch II, Mile High, Coors, Dodger, Miller, Minute Maid, RFK, Jack Murphy, Memorial, Yankee, Riverfront, Three Rivers, Cleveland Muni, Jacobs, and the Vet.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I try not to gorge myself with $5 sodas and $4 hotdogs, but I loved the food at Shea when I went in 2005.  Fenway wasn't that great; and besides, no matter where you were sitting, it took forever to get to the concession stands.  However, my expertise is limited to those two ballparks, as I'm not a veteran baseball fan.

nospinzone1

I try not to gorge myself with $5 sodas and $4 hotdogs, but I loved the food at Shea when I went in 2005.  Fenway wasn't that great; and besides, no matter where you were sitting, it took forever to get to the concession stands.  However, my expertise is limited to those two ballparks, as I'm not a veteran baseball fan.

THE DAY FANS DECIDE TO BOYCOTT FOOD SERVICES AT THE STADIUMS THAT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF PRICES COMING DOWN. OVERPRICED JUNK FOOD!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
No baseball related culinary list is complete without a visit to PNC Park.  From Wikipedia:

PNC Park is also notable for having some of the best food of any Major League venue[citation needed]. The ballpark features an extensive selection of local specialities and favorites, including pierogies, Primanti Brothers sandwiches (serving meat, cole slaw, and french fries within the sandwich), Quaker Steak and Lube, Benkovitz Fish, Smorgasburgh, Pop's Plaza (named for Willie Stargell), a barbeque run by former catcher Manny Sanguillen (who signs autographs while fans wait in line), as well as "Outback in the Outfield," an Outback Steakhouse at the top of the left-field bleachers.

Primanti Brothers steak and cheese (includes french fries within the sandwich borders)  AA battery shown for scale

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Where are my "@#$@(*#$ car keys!?!  -drooling into keyboard-

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
three rivers... gotta love me some three rivers...

im sooooooo hungry now

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Man, I want to go to PNC!

nospinzone1

Where are my "@#$@(*#$ car keys!?!  -drooling into keyboard-

ELLEN, YOU SOUND LIKE A CUBAN AMERICAN PRINCESS....DONT BLAME MY IDOL ANDREW, HE WAS OT AROUND.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
That's food pictures!!!

No baseball related culinary list is complete without a visit to PNC Park.  From Wikipedia:

PNC Park is also notable for having some of the best food of any Major League venue[citation needed]. The ballpark features an extensive selection of local specialities and favorites, including pierogies, Primanti Brothers sandwiches (serving meat, cole slaw, and french fries within the sandwich), Quaker Steak and Lube, Benkovitz Fish, Smorgasburgh, Pop's Plaza (named for Willie Stargell), a barbeque run by former catcher Manny Sanguillen (who signs autographs while fans wait in line), as well as "Outback in the Outfield," an Outback Steakhouse at the top of the left-field bleachers.

(Image removed from quote.)

Primanti Brothers steak and cheese (includes french fries within the sandwich borders)  AA battery shown for scale

Offline kimnat

ELLEN, YOU SOUND LIKE A CUBAN AMERICAN PRINCESS....DONT BLAME MY IDOL ANDREW, HE WAS OT AROUND.

LOL!!  No, he was here, I promise.  Disobeying me on two counts.  1) riding a 3-speed bike that is slightly too big for him w/ hand brakes that he hasn't figured out and 2) riding in the road.  Problem here was he road around our drive and into our neighbor's (who gave him said bike) and lost control and ran into his car, gracing the hood w/ a 3" scratch!  Unfortunately, the nice neighbor isn't home right now.  But we'll tell him tomorrow and get it repaired (at great cost to the disobeyer!  - yes I made up that word!).

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Nospin...not blaming anyone! But that picture of the sandwich did make me dream about it last night... :-[

They were dancing around in little circles and singing to me....I'm thinking there might have to be a roadtrip to PNC..... :shock:

nospinzone1

Nospin...not blaming anyone! But that picture of the sandwich did make me dream about it last night... :-[

They were dancing around in little circles and singing to me....I'm thinking there might have to be a roadtrip to PNC..... :shock:

WOW, talk about senior moment....I did not catch your drift....I get now three days late. huggies.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Oh, don't worry about it, I have 'moments' all the time!  :lol:

But I do think I need one of those sandwiches...or maybe some bbq, so much for fitting into those old clothes...