Author Topic: Worst offensive performance in Nationals history - 2012 edition  (Read 14352 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
DeRosa is playing 9 innings in Potomac, then coming back to the big club. I think we'll see them put him at 3rd and put Zim to the DL

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
LOL speaking of Moore

Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog

Tyler Moore on his improvement: "Just finding a ball in my honey hole, what I want to hit." http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/tyler-moore-to-start-for-nats-tonight-vs-orioles/2012/06/23/gJQA4VbxxV_blog.html (via @AdamKilgoreWP )

Offline aspenbubba

Re Nady, does DeRosa replace him?

That's how I see it.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman

Mark DeRosa could rejoin #Nats as soon as tomorrow. How does he fit in, and whose roster spot does he take: http://bit.ly/LqgSM9

Offline PC

And today, it cost us a win.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Was today's performance worse than two days ago?  Or every other time it has been posted in here that this was the worst offensive performance in Nationals history?

Offline PC

Was today's performance worse than two days ago?  Or every other time it has been posted in here that this was the worst offensive performance in Nationals history?

Jake Arrieta was the starter today.

Offline Mr Clean

They had chances today. One thing, when you attempt a hit and run make sure the hitter can be reasonably expected to make contact. As one poster said here Espy strikes out at least once a game and quite often multiple times. He should never be allowed to bat lefty again.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

We played him one other time this year and only scored 1 run against him :?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun

So today was the worst.  Next time we score one run, especially if it is against a pitcher with better career numbers than Arrieta,  it definitely will not be the worst, right?

Offline PC

So today was the worst.  Next time we score one run, especially if it is against a pitcher with better career numbers than Arrieta,  it definitely will not be the worst, right?

How and when do they score the one run?  Do they have good or bad at-bats throughout the game?  Are runners left on and how many and when?  Are there base running errors or other sloppy or stupid play?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I think you're missing my point.  Every game can't be some kind of new all time low. 

Offline PC

I think you're missing my point.  Every game can't be some kind of new all time low. 

The context matters.  Just scoring one run doesn't necessarily make it.  That's why I asked those questions.  Both today and two days ago were bad but today was worse, I think.  I can't go back in time and unsay that two days ago was less worse than this one.

...but my deep seated fear is that this pitching, as good as it is, can't overcome this offense.

Offline sportsfan882

I bet they find a new way to reach lows this week in Colorado vs their craphole rotation and in a hitter's park.

Offline jhuterp

The context matters.  Just scoring one run doesn't necessarily make it.  That's why I asked those questions.  Both today and two days ago were bad but today was worse, I think.  I can't go back in time and unsay that two days ago was less worse than this one.

...but my deep seated fear is that this pitching, as good as it is, can't overcome this offense.

I was at the game Friday and the game today and IMO both games were crappy.  Lots of missed opportunities  It's particularly frustrating against the Orioles who are still a fraud IMO.  If this had been two one-run inter-league losses to Cleveland/White Sox/someone other than Baltimore, there would be a lot less consternation on the board.  The offense will get going at some point and the pitching is rock-solid.  The only thing that really concerns me is if Zimmerman is hiding an injury. 

Offline BerkeleyNat

Another bad loss in Baltimore. I was at the game today and at the famous Vlad Guerrero game last season at OPACY. Terrible losses! I can't stand losing to the O's.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I think you're missing my point. 

<insert irony smiley>

Offline sportsfan882

Can't believe this thread fell to the second page :nono:

It feels like every game is worse than the one before.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

They all just blend together now.  Struggling opposing pitcher, lights out against us, we get lucky and score 1 or 2 runs, then manage to lose.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
I have yet to post in this thread...but tonight is the last straw. 2 runs...in coors field....against Jeff Francis. EMBARASSING

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I have yet to post in this thread...but tonight is the last straw. 2 runs...in coors field....against Jeff Francis. EMBARASSING

And those two runs scored on a fluke hit by Zimmerman (if it didn't hit the bag and bounce, then Helton probably had it) and a hit by our pitcher.

Offline Coladar

I can't believe all the posts in the last week after admittedly bad games. Nothing has been, or will be worse than last week against the Rays. Debuting pitcher, we rape with no outs in the first inning, then he basically throws a no hitter. The only bizarre thing is we won that game. But that's the worst I've ever seen in eight seasons of Nats ball. All of this is nothing in comparison to that.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Tonight was painful

Offline Fan037

Tonight was painful

Painful, pitiful, pissy, poor, and pathetic!

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
"We face some pitchers everybody jumps on, and they look like Sandy Koufax over there." — Davey

He's getting restless at least.