Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3 (Curly W)  (Read 53607 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

BANG!

.....................................................ZOOM!

NATIONALS

......................................................WIN!!!

Sens' was AT THE GAME...this means he MUST attend ALL remaining HOME GAMES so we can win the WIld Card!

Offline expos96

Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
Quote from: "tomterp"
Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
What about a pinch runner for Johnson here?

Hey, how about a little love for Nick "big train" Johnson here?

The man can motor pretty good, I think.

Sorry Tom,

I just would like to have a speedy guy on second with Jose "slappy single" Vidro up.  But NJ scored anyway!!!

WOOOOO  HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:  :worship:

He was big today. 2 for 3, walk and a rbi (the one in the 1st inning).
2 runs scored.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
Wish I saw the whole game seemed like a fun one, too bad I had ****ing school. But what do ya know, I turn on gameday and the first pitch I see is In play run-scoring play

What time do you get out?  I get out at 2.

Offline expos96

I would like to point at the great outing of Mike O'Connor.
He worked through 5 shut out innings.

I salute you!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
As of this morning, per Baseball Prospectus, Nats had a 0.0002% chance of making the playoffs.

There's still hope!

Offline nats2playoffs

So who's got a bang zoom ready?  Every time I put one together, somebody beats me to it, so I'm going to just sit back and enjoy!

We need a SECOND BANG! ZOOM! That's part of how we got a 5-game winning streak.  
We are ON OUR WAY 2 the WILD CARD!!!
(We'll be 84-78 if we win the remaining games.)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "expos96"

I salute you!

Absolutely.  Wouldn't it be great if his bad outings were due totally to a sore arm, and he could come back like this for the long haul?

Offline expos96

I salute you!

Absolutely.  Wouldn't it be great if his bad outings were due totally to a sore arm, and he could come back like this for the long haul?

Agreed upon.
I really enjoyed watching him pitching today.
When he can keep this up, he could be in for a starting pitcher spot next year.

Offline PC

BANG!

.....................................................ZOOM!

NATIONALS

......................................................WIN!!!

Offline expos96

Hmm our national soccer team won 3-0.
That's also a good result.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "2k6nats"
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
Wish I saw the whole game seemed like a fun one, too bad I had ****ing school. But what do ya know, I turn on gameday and the first pitch I see is In play run-scoring play

What time do you get out?  I get out at 2.

You need to STUDY HARD so you can get a good job.... not TOO good, but good enough...
so you can get away with following a baseball game on the Internet...

Offline nats2playoffs

Which nation?

Offline expos96

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"

Which nation?
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Netherlands or Holland.

Offline PC

Chad blows the save but gets the win  :?:

Offline expos96

Quote from: "PC"

That's something I really had to get used to.
But perhaps this is a way to show that it is a team effort.
You have a bad outing, but your team saves your butt.

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "PC"

This was all planned.  Chad wanted another win, and Vidro told him that he needed some RBIs with RISP.  So they made a deal...Chad gives up a homer and the rest is baseball history...

Hey Chief, don't delete this thread...we went on a huge losing streak when that happened for a come-from-behind-victory-at-home-in-a-midweek-day-game earlier this year.

Offline sportsfan882

I got out of college at 2:45 today.  On my way home we scored 4 runs in the 6th and took a 5-3 lead as I listened on the radio.  When I got home I watched on MLB.TV as Saul escaped trouble, Chief blew the save, and Vidro and others came back in the 9th.  I tell ya, this team plays the most exciting games!

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
I got out of college at 2:45 today.  On my way home we scored 4 runs in the 6th and took a 5-3 lead as I listened on the radio.  When I got home I watched on MLB.TV as Saul escaped trouble, Chief blew the save, and Vidro and others came back in the 9th.  I tell ya, this team plays the most exciting games!

This should be an obvious SIGN...you should consider whatever you're doing to be pre-medical schooling, and become a heart surgeon.  Otherwise, major in pitching...we can use a good one.

Offline VaNatsFan

I just got back from this game. I've only been able to attend four games this season, but this was by far the best game I've been to this year. Several lead changes, many hits, and that sick defensive play by Lopez in the 8th, plus the comeback win made it a great afternoon at RFK!  :D

Offline nats2playoffs

What have we learned today?

The losing pitcher was "Jason Isringhausen." That name is TOO LONG for a major league baseball pitcher.  Even with an ERA of 3.26, his Win-Loss record is 4-8.  You CANNOT WIN with a name that long!  He should shorten it, to "Jason Is" or "Jason Ring."  Or "Jason Ovanag."

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 3
« Reply #370: September 06, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »
Quote from: expos96
It's time for the game and without a gamethread?
/quote]

sorry doooods, I was at work.  (13 hour shifts ftw.)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I was there too - looked a bit bigger than 21K attendance (and not quite as large a St Louis travelling support as last night).

Whole lot of gutsy baseball going on these days...and for some reason I started to feel quietly confident when Isringhausen went in - I was surprised that the High Priest of Pitch Counts (LaRussa) would send him out there the day after he threw 27 pitches...whatever it was though, great to see the lads take 2 of 3 from the Central leaders.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Hey Chief, don't delete this thread...we went on a huge losing streak when that happened for a come-from-behind-victory-at-home-in-a-midweek-day-game earlier this year.

Don't worry, I think the culprit of that deletion will be more careful from now on ;)

This team would be down right scary if it could string wins like this together consistantly and just lose here and there.

Offline UMDNats

Mike O'Connor is a beast.