Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103573 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Omgosh I totally forgot the girl shoveling globs of salad into her mouth and her boyfriend looking at her like she was being cute, oh you're right Panera commercials are the WORST!
I kept thinking he had abducted her and she hadn't eaten for a few days.

Offline Dave B

Sweet. I like to think I was first on the panera hate wagon a couple months/pages ago. The freaking football players eating on the bleachers, picking the freaking turkey out of his sandwich. The one where the beardo laughs with his mouthful. I hate it all. Especially that bullcrap youthful wholesome narrator voice.

Offline Dave B

The freaking presidents day car commercial with the kids singing the presidents names. I freaking hate children singing, at least groups of children. One child can be talented. More than one is just using children for the sake of it. Trying to be cute, when objectively it makes the song suck

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Try this one.
https://youtu.be/LGpgg2Cs2zo?t=51

Seriously, if  you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor.

The freaking presidents day car commercial with the kids singing the presidents names. I freaking hate children singing, at least groups of children. One child can be talented. More than one is just using children for the sake of it. Trying to be cute, when objectively it makes the song suck

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Try this one.
https://youtu.be/LGpgg2Cs2zo?t=51

Seriously, if  you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor.

:clap:

BTW:   Nice ninja.   :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

They should have lined these kids up for a 4th of July.

:clap:

BTW:   Nice ninja.   :)

Offline 1995hoo

Today is the first time this year I've heard that unbelievably annoying Jeep ad for Washington's Birthday with those kids singing the names of presidents (might I add that "Quincy Adams" was NOT the sixth president's last name) and I want to take an automatic firearm and go kill everyone involved in making that freaking ad. Drove me nuts last year and I've already moved the remote closer to my seat so I can mute the sound every time that ad runs.

(I realize getting people to call Washington's Birthday by its correct name, instead of the imaginary "Presidents' Day" crap, is pretty much a lost cause, but I will continue to call it by the name codified in the statute making it a holiday.)

Offline nats2playoffs

...I've already moved the remote closer to my seat so I can mute the sound every time that ad runs.

Offline Natsinpwc

Today is the first time this year I've heard that unbelievably annoying Jeep ad for Washington's Birthday with those kids singing the names of presidents (might I add that "Quincy Adams" was NOT the sixth president's last name) and I want to take an automatic firearm and go kill everyone involved in making that freaking ad. Drove me nuts last year and I've already moved the remote closer to my seat so I can mute the sound every time that ad runs.

(I realize getting people to call Washington's Birthday by its correct name, instead of the imaginary "Presidents' Day" crap, is pretty much a lost cause, but I will continue to call it by the name codified in the statute making it a holiday.)
I kind of like that one. Plus it only lasts a couple of weeks.

I nominate Mike Slocumb, the DC Hammer. If I had been injured in an accident and he was the only lawyer available I would just suffer on my own.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I was watching the Terps basketball game and the Enterprise commercial where they brag about hiring ex college athletes played just about every break. I wanted to break my TV set by the end of the game. Thank god for DVRs.

Offline dracnal

Puppy monkey baby.

Offline mitlen

Puppy monkey baby.

Oh yeah.    Missus and I saw that last night.   We were both disgusted by it.    That's sayin' something.

Offline wj73

Puppy monkey baby.

That thing was creepy. 

Offline dcpatti

Puppy Monkey Baby needs to die in a fire.

Offline GburgNatsFan

If that thing tried to lick my face I'd choke it out.
Puppy Monkey Baby needs to die in a fire.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
About sums it up lol

Offline mitlen

The Buick commercial where everybody's whispering   ....

Offline NatNasty

Directv commercial with Bon Jovi is really starting to push my buttons.  The song is horrible and now it's stuck in my head.   >:(

Offline nats2playoffs

There are LOTS and LOTS of complaints posted about this piece of crap. They charge $100 for one or two pillows. It's just foam rubber, nothing special about it. Worthless guarantee.

I did not buy it - just got so sick of the commercials that I satisfied my suspicion that is was grossly overpriced junk.

Offline mitlen

(Image removed from quote.)
There are LOTS and LOTS of complaints posted about this piece of crap. They charge $100 for one or two pillows. It's just foam rubber, nothing special about it. Worthless guarantee.

I did not buy it - just got so sick of the commercials that I satisfied my suspicion that is was grossly overpriced junk.

I think that's the product Chad Dukes pushes on 106.7 (CBS Sports Radio).    I went to Western PA over the weekend and a guy on that areas CBS Sports Radio affiliate (93.7 IIRC) also pushes the product.   CBS must get some gratis pillows.

Offline GburgNatsFan

CBS Radio is, apparently, in trouble. I think I heard that CBS is trying to sell off all the radio properties.

I think that's the product Chad Dukes pushes on 106.7 (CBS Sports Radio).    I went to Western PA over the weekend and a guy on that areas CBS Sports Radio affiliate (93.7 IIRC) also pushes the product.   CBS must get some gratis pillows.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
CBS Radio is, apparently, in trouble. I think I heard that CBS is trying to sell off all the radio properties.

This is so strange to me, ESPN is cash-starved and now seeing you say CBS Radio is in trouble I mean, to me it seems that sports are bigger than ever, how is that the providers of sports information/entertainment are in so much financial trouble?  probably not the place for this post but I didn't know where else to put it and I've really been curious why these sports outlets are doing so poorly :shrug:

Offline UMDNats

This is so strange to me, ESPN is cash-starved and now seeing you say CBS Radio is in trouble I mean, to me it seems that sports are bigger than ever, how is that the providers of sports information/entertainment are in so much financial trouble?  probably not the place for this post but I didn't know where else to put it and I've really been curious why these sports outlets are doing so poorly :shrug:

ESPN has spent billions on broadcast rights for leagues, and overstepped big-time. The broadcast/cable bubble is bursting, subscribers are down, etc.

Radio is in trouble as a whole because people don't listen to the radio. Streaming stuff and XM are doing OK because they are still very much online and have few, if any, ads.

I don't know why anyone would ever, ever listen to talk radio.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
ESPN has spent billions on broadcast rights for leagues, and overstepped big-time. The broadcast/cable bubble is bursting, subscribers are down, etc.

Radio is in trouble as a whole because people don't listen to the radio. Streaming stuff and XM are doing OK because they are still very much online and have few, if any, ads.

I don't know why anyone would ever, ever listen to talk radio.
the sports radio audience is mostly old, male, and Caucasian. A lot of guys on the road between sales calls and retirees on the way to the golf course (cough, cough, Mitlen :) ).  Not a great product placement demographic, other than for stuff that helps you sleep better (super beta prostate, pillows, etc...).

Offline mitlen

the sports radio audience is mostly old, male, and Caucasian. A lot of guys on the road between sales calls and retirees on the way to the golf course (cough, cough, Mitlen :) ).  Not a great product placement demographic, other than for stuff that helps you sleep better (super beta prostate, pillows, etc...).

I certainly fit that demographic.    :)    You're right   ...  I mostly listen at the gym or on my 6 mile walks.     I used to tell the young guys at work that you can always tell the target audience by the commercials the station plays  ...   tv or radio.