Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 15138 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Lance Cormier, RHP (2-3, 6.12)..... VS ..... Pedro Astacio, RHP (2-2, 5.56)

Cormier is expected to be promoted from Triple-A Richmond to make the start. The 26-year-old right-hander began the season in the Braves' bullpen and has gone 0-2 with a 6.52 ERA in two starts for Atlanta this year. He's gone 4-3 with a 3.95 ERA in nine starts for Triple-A Richmond. His finest effort came on Aug. 3, when he tossed a shutout against Durham.

Astacio will face the Braves for the 25th time in his career on Tuesday. He is 4-16 with a 5.22 ERA against them. In his last start, Astacio pitched six innings and gave up four runs on eight hits against the Marlins. He didn't figure in the decision as the Nationals lost the games, 9-6.

Lineups TBA

Sweet Lord, let the Nats pull it together and get the W tonight.  Them and their fans desperately need it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
We owe Cormier big time.  He's the guy who plunked Vinnie last season in Vinnie's final at bat in the home opener.  For those who may not remember, Vinnie had a double, triple and homer already, and needed only a single for the cycle.  Cormier hit him with the pitch, and it looked intentional to about everyone there.

Quote from: "tomterp"
We owe Cormier big time.  He's the guy who plunked Vinnie last season in Vinnie's final at bat in the home opener.  For those who may not remember, Vinnie had a double, triple and homer already, and needed only a single for the cycle.  Cormier hit him with the pitch, and it looked intentional to about everyone there.

I dread putting anyone on base for free, so no hitting the batter.  This game should be about getting the win and turning around the mood of this team and fans.  Foolish pride and vendettas against pitchers who nailed a guy LAST SEASON who isn't even a Nat anymore should be put aside.  I'm sure they aren't even thinking about last season right now or Vinny Castilla.

More important things to concentrate on.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Lets pull out a win tonight eh?   :D

Quote from: "Senators2005"
Lets pull out a win tonight eh?   :D

Yes, please.

Offline nats2playoffs

They reported 21,000 attendance last night, but it looked like a LOT less on TV clips of the game.  Virtually nobody in the OF at all.

Offline sportsfan882

nice job Felipe

Offline sportsfan882

nice job Astacio, that was strike 3 before that pitch though

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
I like hearing Charlie Slowes on MASN...but for some reason I'd like Carpenter to be in with him: Not Paciorek  :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

not in this park Fonzie

Offline sportsfan882

I like hearing Charlie Slowes on MASN...but for some reason I'd like Carpenter to be in with him: Not Paciorek  :lol:

Come on, Paciorek keeps the game fresh and always has such a good sense of humor.

Offline sportsfan882

Felipe Lopez, are you serious? you just can't have at-bats like that

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Quote from: "sportsfan882"

Come on, Paciorek keeps the game fresh and always has such a good sense of humor.
dorky humor - Cookie Monster sounding Everybody Loves Raymond impressions  

Offline PC

If ever there was an I don't care half inning, that was it!  :x

Offline sportsfan882

nice 2 seamer by Astacio

Offline nats2playoffs

The Braves pitcher gives up a lot of walks and we should be able to hit this guy and win.  We can't beat ourselves again.

Offline sportsfan882

why can't we hit off of bad pitchers??

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Esco's hammy looks better ... that's good

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Bri Schnei! ... throw more tantrums! Get more hits!

Offline sportsfan882

Nice hit Schneider, give him credit.  He has been hitting well lately

Offline sportsfan882

RBI BUNT for BERNIE

Offline PC

#6 & #7 got our first hits...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Nice bunt Bernie...NICE!

Atlanta 0