Author Topic: The TFS Thread  (Read 3867 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
The TFS Thread
« Reply #25: January 04, 2007, 10:48:35 AM »
Quote from: "kimnat"
Quote from: "CALSGR8"
HEY KIMNAT!

What's the update?  Was Santa good to you and yours?  Hope you had a good holiday!

Let us know.

The week before Christmas, the oncologist called and told us that Andrew is done w/ all treatment and is cancer-FREE.  We were thrilled, still are!  He's doing great, getting more fuzzies on his head now and is such a sweet kid!

Wonderful news.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
The TFS Thread
« Reply #26: January 07, 2007, 02:48:02 AM »
HEY KIMNAT!

What cute Trio!  They certainly look happy!  So glad to hear the great news.  Yeah, if its anything like my Mom, you go back for checks now and then to make sure the cancer stays in check!

Looks like TFS needs a new Nats cap for that head of his!    :D

Hope to see you at a game this year!  

Take care and be on the lookout for missing toothbrushes!   :lol:

AuRevoirExpos

The TFS Thread
« Reply #27: January 07, 2007, 11:25:48 AM »
Beautiful picture - and wonderful news!!

I work with sick children, and I regularly come into contact with precious and brave children such as Andrew who go on to live long and happy lives following an ordeal such as this.

You are indeed blessed, and I know you'll continue to be blessed by Andrew's example and his inspiration for the rest of your lives.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!!!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The TFS Thread
« Reply #28: January 07, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »
Great news!!

Offline rileyn

The TFS Thread
« Reply #29: January 09, 2007, 09:13:26 PM »
I can't even tell you how happy this news makes me.  I hate cancer so I love to hear when we are able to kick its' butt......especially by a young fighter like Andrew.

Offline kimnat

Re: The TFS Thread
« Reply #30: January 29, 2007, 10:41:50 PM »
Hey y'all.  The squirt started back to school.  It'll be half days until the 1st of March, but he's back.  His head's getting fuzzy, too.  Feels like velvet!  He's looking and feeling really good.  Say a prayer though, the stress fallout is hitting me.  I can't eat w/o feeling sick.  Been's going on for 2 weeks.  And NO, there's no little "nat" on the way.  So don't ask.  :)  But this not being able to eat bit is old!  At least the little big guy is doing well.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #31: January 29, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »
Wish I had that problem...I need to lose about 30lbs.   :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #32: January 30, 2007, 03:29:04 AM »
Hey y'all.  The squirt started back to school.  It'll be half days until the 1st of March, but he's back.  His head's getting fuzzy, too.  Feels like velvet!  He's looking and feeling really good.  Say a prayer though, the stress fallout is hitting me.  I can't eat w/o feeling sick.  Been's going on for 2 weeks.  And NO, there's no little "nat" on the way.  So don't ask.  :)  But this not being able to eat bit is old!  At least the little big guy is doing well.

Glad to hear things are going well for one of the FAVORITE SONs of NATS fans!  Talk to someone about this lack of appetite.  Although I'm no expert, you're right that all the stress you haven't had a chance to deal with, may be causing this.

I eat when I'm stressed.   I'll tell you what everyone tells me when I take care of my aging Mom, "Take good care of yourself!"  I know, its hard.  Hang in there! :)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #33: January 31, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »
Cool thing just happened today.  Sorry not a TFS thing.  Didn't feel like starting a new thread.  The VA legislature unanimously passed a bill creating a Senior Alert Program, similar to the Amber Alert.  Back in the summer, Dan's uncle (w/ alzheimer's) took off on an excellent adventure taking him all across MD, through DC, VA, NC and then SC.  He was found in Florence, SC after almost 2 days on the road.  The only thing the bill doesn't do is force cooperation from credit card companies in tracing the transactions of the person's credit card usage.  But we're thrilled that the program now exists.  Police no longer have to wait 24 hours to look for seniors in VA and will alert the media, as is done in the Amber Alert program.  Way to go, Virginia!

nospinzone1

« Reply #34: February 02, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »
Cool thing just happened today.  Sorry not a TFS thing.  Didn't feel like starting a new thread.  The VA legislature unanimously passed a bill creating a Senior Alert Program, similar to the Amber Alert.  Back in the summer, Dan's uncle (w/ alzheimer's) took off on an excellent adventure taking him all across MD, through DC, VA, NC and then SC.  He was found in Florence, SC after almost 2 days on the road.  The only thing the bill doesn't do is force cooperation from credit card companies in tracing the transactions of the person's credit card usage.  But we're thrilled that the program now exists.  Police no longer have to wait 24 hours to look for seniors in VA and will alert the media, as is done in the Amber Alert program.  Way to go, Virginia!

I THINK I MAY BE GETTING THERE....LOL. I CANT REMEMBER S...T....IF MY WATCH DID NOT HAVE THE DATE I WOULD NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS.