Author Topic: Amazon Thread (2011-2013)  (Read 5276 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Amazon Thread
« Reply #125: October 30, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
Mostly because of the skinned, mucked-about-with version of android.

mustn't skin the precious (actually the fire skin is insanely good for accessing content quickly)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #126: October 30, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
I still prefer a desktop PC or laptop for anything more than reading the forum or emails.  Doing much else on a phone or tablet is just too tedious.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #127: October 30, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »
New fires out today (I'm sure no one cares), but the live on device tech support is really interesting and definitely a big step forward

I wonder what they are trained to do when people accidentally push that butto n while on the can

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #128: October 30, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
I wonder what they are trained to do when people accidentally push that butto n while on the can

Record it for a blooper or outtake session later. 

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #129: October 31, 2013, 07:44:10 AM »
Highly, highly recommend getting Amazon Prime. The shipping is worth it alone. You just start putting stuff on there that you know you're going to need and viola! It's there in two days.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #130: October 31, 2013, 12:31:57 PM »

Or if they can disable the feature on lonely peoples machines that just want to talk to someone. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #131: October 31, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
Highly, highly recommend getting Amazon Prime. The shipping is worth it alone. You just start putting stuff on there that you know you're going to need and viola! It's there in two days.
Prime is the bomb. I just got travel guides and a baking pan yesterday. A couple weeks ago I got an LCD TV. I had a friend in college who couldn't drive (one eye), so he would order paper towels and stuff off Amazon Student Prime.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #132: October 31, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »
In the last week I ordered 5 cases of cat food, 3 large bottles of Sriracha sauce, trash bags, and a Hungary travel guide, all with free 2nd day shipping.  Awesome. 

Prime is the bomb. I just got travel guides and a baking pan yesterday. A couple weeks ago I got an LCD TV. I had a friend in college who couldn't drive (one eye), so he would order paper towels and stuff off Amazon Student Prime.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #133: November 01, 2013, 11:50:36 PM »
I'd love to have Prime, but as I carry no plastic, I can't. I use gift cards to purchase items, but they won't let me do that for Prime.  :(

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #134: November 02, 2013, 12:15:01 AM »
Prepaid debit card?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #135: November 03, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
I'd love to have Prime, but as I carry no plastic, I can't. I use gift cards to purchase items, but they won't let me do that for Prime.  :(

They used to take checks.
In the last week I ordered 5 cases of cat food, 3 large bottles of Sriracha sauce, trash bags, and a Hungary travel guide, all with free 2nd day shipping.  Awesome. 

I got a snowshovel delivered after the blizzard a few years ago when all the stores were out. That was amazing.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.