Author Topic: Pettitte, Knoblauch, Radomski dropped from hearing  (Read 13887 times)

Offline Dave B

What the heck was up with that Congresswoman? Where did she come up with the idea of showing photos of Clemens' body to prove that his body type didn't change therefore he couldn't have juiced? Funny how they seem to be going along according to political lines. The republicans seem to side with Clemens for the most part.

how do these people get elected?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
how do these people get elected?

I've wondered that also. But the answer is not that difficult. I like to think that they are intelligent people but they come off as morons at times. She must've been one of the ones that met with Clemens and that must've been part of the case he made on his behalf.

Waxman pretty much said Clemens was lying at the end.

ESPN's Roger Cossack is deep in the tank for Clemens.

natsfan1a

As I was watching the hearings it occurred to me that it would be interesting to have a list of representatives with whom Clemens met and correlate that with their lines of questioning.

I don't think they understand that concept. Burton is obviously in the tank for Clemens. I'd like to find out whether Clemens visited with him recently.

natsfan1a

I thought that was worded in a rather unfortunate way. :shock:

True. There is a difference.

"you said that Mr McNamee injected your wife in your bedroom without your knowledge"  :rofl:

Offline spidernat

I thought that was worded in a rather unfortunate way. :shock:

It may explain the animosity Clemens has for McNamee :lol:

I think common sense dictates McNamee's testimony be the one believed.

Clemens' lawyers took some of the Congressmen to task in their post hearing interview.

natsfan1a

The Daily News is reporting that Pettitte originally got the HGH from his father, whom he was attempting to shield:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/02/13/2008-02-13_exclusive_andy_pettitte_received_perform.html

natsfan1a

I'm not a big fan of polling generally, but in the online polls that I've seen since this broke, public opinion seems to run perhaps 75 to 80 percent in favor of believing McNamee.

I think common sense dictates McNamee's testimony be the one believed.

Offline spidernat

I'm not a big fan of polling generally, but in the online polls that I've seen since this broke, public opinion seems to run perhaps 75 to 80 percent in favor of believing McNamee.

Yeah I saw that on ESPN.

Regarding Pettitte, it's funny how it was revealed that he was a juicer but in the end he has come out of all this like a saint. They all have spoken glowingly about his honesty. Clemens' would've been well served to follow that path.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Regarding Pettitte, it's funny how it was revealed that he was a juicer but in the end he has come out of all this like a saint. They all have spoken glowingly about his honesty. Clemens' would've been well served to follow that path.

Innocent until proven guilty :?

Besides, McNamee is a compulsive liar.

Offline Dave B

that poll is probably pretty relevant. i;d be surprised if either of these guys was convicted of anything.  so we must resort to the court of public opiniong.

i'm glad that is the finding, because I agreed with it. i got an email from my friend saying he believed clemens "i was like wtf are you watching and wtf am I watching".  glad to see i wasnt crazy. but apparently my friend is

Offline Dave B

Innocent until proven guilty :?

Besides, McNamee is a compulsive liar.

what did he lie about that wasnt because he was trying not to rat?  I'll give him a pass on that. i know he lied about a PhD, was there anything else?

Offline spidernat

that poll is probably pretty relevant. i;d be surprised if either of these guys was convicted of anything.  so we must resort to the court of public opiniong.

i'm glad that is the finding, because I agreed with it. i got an email from my friend saying he believed clemens "i was like wtf are you watching and wtf am I watching".  glad to see i wasnt crazy. but apparently my friend is

No doubt your friend has been duped by Clemens.

Offline spidernat

what did he lie about that wasnt because he was trying not to rat?  I'll give him a pass on that. i know he lied about a PhD, was there anything else?

I don't think so. Like the one Congressman said afterwards, in drug criminal prosecutions they usually have to rely on the very ones that were involved to get convictions and their revelations are progressive. They don't tell everything from the outset. That doesn't necessarily mean they are lying. I think it's curios that Clemens insists he was not at that party but his kids were and that he may have dropped off his wife there after playing golf. Canseco may have gotten his financing after all.

natsfan1a

There's also a poll on the Nationals Journal that is running about the same.

Yeah I saw that on ESPN.

natsfan1a

Is it just me or did anybody else think of Colome during that whole abscess discussion?

Offline spidernat

Is it just me or did anybody else think of Colome during that whole abscess discussion?

I tried not to. I was trying to devour a roast beef sandwich when that was being discussed. :?

natsfan1a

eewww - you have my sympathies. :)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I tried not to. I was trying to devour a roast beef sandwich when that was being discussed. :?

Was it made from RUMP Roast?   :rofl:

Sorry, but after all that stuff, I'm sure Roger is going to be the BUTT of many jokes.

:lol:  (I kill me!)

natsfan1a

:rofl: That was a good one! Oh wait, two good ones!

Offline spidernat

Was it made from RUMP Roast?   :rofl:

Sorry, but after all that stuff, I'm sure Roger is going to be the BUTT of many jokes.

:lol:  (I kill me!)

Here goes my roast beef sandwich

natsfan1a

Offline PC

Are we really supposed to believe that all of these people around Roger Clemons, INCLUDING his wife, were using HGH/steroids and he wasn't?

Is that what we're supposed to believe???

Offline PC

And for what it's worth, most Congresspeople are idiots.

Offline spidernat

Are we really supposed to believe that all of these people around Roger Clemons, INCLUDING his wife, were using HGH/steroids and he wasn't?

Is that what we're supposed to believe???

I think that's what he wants us to believe. She isn't eligible for the HOF. He threw her under the bus and even if she chose to allow that to happen I think it speaks volumes about what type of person he is. There is no way, under any circumstance, you ever expose your wife to that type of public embarrassment. According to him he told Pettitte about her use back in 1999 or thereabouts even though the allegations of her use do not date earlier than 2003. So he's basically saying she was a long time juicer.

Offline PC

I think that's what he wants us to believe. She isn't eligible for the HOF. He threw her under the bus and even if she chose to allow that to happen I think it speaks volumes about what type of person he is. There is no way, under any circumstance, you ever expose your wife to that type of public embarrassment.

He'd better hope they never have marital problems.