Poll

More concering?

Werth's ankle
Morse's thumb

Author Topic: More concerning: Werth's ankle or Morse's thumb?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
@AdamKilgoreWP

Werth going for an MRI, wearing boot on right ankle. He still thinks he might play tomorrow.

‏@AdamKilgoreWP

Morse jammed his right thumb in BP, but he's fine. Minor swelling. Davey saw no reason to keep him in.

If there's an injury the Nats can't afford to linger, in my mind, it's having Morse go down. With his bat in the lineup the team is so much more dangerous. With Werth, we're good... but I feel the backups can somewhat replicate his numbers.

Thoughts?

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
I agree with you.  This lineup suffers a bit more without Morse.  Though I will say, it sounds like the thumb is really a non-issue and to me a walking boot on an ankle sounds worse.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline DPMOmaha

We've won without both of them.  If I had to pick, though, I'd prefer to keep Morse's bat in the lineup...

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Rest both and the Nats will still win. Tyler Moore needs the playing time, and Bernadina is hot.

Offline RL04

More concerning: Werth's ankle or Morse's thumb?

Neither.

It's Werth's hand.   And his ankle.  And his thigh.  And his back.

The man is a walking insurance EOB.

Offline terpfan417

Werth's injury obviously sounds worse. But as long as neither are long term, it's not like Moore and Bernadina have been bad.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
If Moore and Bernadina keep hitting well, the Nats won't really skip a beat as long as Zimmerman, LaRoche, and the rest stay hot.  Moore seems very similar to Morse to me - both at the plate and in the field.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I cringe at the defense having a Moore - Harper - Morse outfield means vs. LHP.  There's real potential for exposure there. 

Offline hammondsnats

I cringe at the defense having a Moore - Harper - Morse outfield means vs. LHP.  There's real potential for exposure there. 

the OF really hasn't been that bad this year.  I'm all for that OF tonight if Werth can't go.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Werth

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Werth is in the lineup tonight

Morse is not

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP
Morse says he's fine and will play tomorrow.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP
Morse says he's fine and will play tomorrow.

We'll see about that.  Given previous experience, I wouldn't be surprised to see another day off tomorrow, especially given the off day on Thursday.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I think Davey has said in the past that he'll give guys one extra day after they say they're OK. 

I'm fine with that since Bernie and Moore have been playing pretty well.

Offline Bloo

Neither. Tough it up.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'd like to change my vote, because Mikey Mo's thumb seems juuuust fine.