Author Topic: Andrew's All Better Party invite  (Read 1905 times)

Offline kimnat

Andrew's All Better Party invite
« Topic Start: May 26, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »
hey gang!

I need to let you all know the details of this.  Let me know if you can come!  I'd love to see y'all!

We are so excited about this and I guess this will be your "formal invitation".  But we'd love for you all (whoever can make it) to come and give us the opportunity to thank you for all the help, meals, prayer and massive support you have given to us over the past year! 

When?  Saturday, June 2nd

Where?   Truro Episcopal Church in downtown Fairfax City

Time?   11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Featuring?  Pizza, Salad, Ice Cream, Cake
                  a Moonbounce and Magician!

RSVP?  Please by May 26th, so I have enough time to get the food all lined up w/ the proper quantities.  Also, again please break down number of adults and kids. 

If you responded to the earlier email, please do so again so I can get an accurate final count.

Oh and another thing, so many of you have been so kind to our children and have given them some very special gifts.  This day is our chance to thank you.  However, if you really want to do something in celebration of Andrew, we'd appreciate it if you would give a gift to Truro Preschool and Kindergarten in his honor.  You can write his name in the subject field of your check.  While we do not attend Truro Church, our girls go to Preschool there and Andrew did, too.  The folks there have been so amazing in helping us throughout all of this.  They have keep the girls later than school hours, worked on our house, provided meals and have done several things beyond that!  Thanks so much!

nospinzone1

Re: Andrew's All Better Party invite
« Reply #1: May 26, 2007, 07:26:37 PM »
I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED AND HOPE I DONT GET ANY MORE LITTLE MEDICAL ISSUES.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #2: May 26, 2007, 08:53:30 PM »
Hey, that would be great!  if you go to trurochurch.org and click on directions at the top of the home page, you can see how to get here.  I always hope that your medical issues will give you a break!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: May 26, 2007, 09:38:23 PM »
Very cool Kim. I hope all goes better than expected.

p.s. Can the magician make Speigner disappear?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: May 26, 2007, 09:41:37 PM »
:rofl:  Maybe, you never know.  They guy is really good!  He made fire appear out of no-where!  Maybe he can poof up another great pitcher for us!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #5: May 26, 2007, 09:47:52 PM »
:rofl:  Maybe, you never know.  They guy is really good!  He made fire appear out of no-where!  Maybe he can poof up another great pitcher for us!

I'd settle for him just fixing the ones we have on the DL. After eating all that hot food last night I don't think I like the way you said he can make fire appear out of no where. I guess I've felt like a magician all day  :-[

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #6: May 26, 2007, 09:57:34 PM »
Obviously, I can't make it from Vermont, but it's really glad to hear that Andrew is all better!  Congratulations, what a relief this must be :)

nospinzone1

« Reply #7: May 26, 2007, 10:38:56 PM »
ANDREW ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #8: May 26, 2007, 11:08:26 PM »
Thanks guys!  Hey, 2k6, got your mailing today.  I'll pop the shirt in the mail on Tues.

Spidey-  yeah, that guy is good, but you sound like you've got the fire thing mastered yourself!  Might wanna lay off spicey for a twee bit.  :)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #9: May 27, 2007, 12:26:40 AM »
Can't make it, but just want to send a big hurrah for his nibs...Andrew is clearly a resiliant kid, and there really can't be much that life can throw at him that he can't handle after this.  Bests to Kim, Andrew, and the extended Kimnats clan.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #10: May 27, 2007, 11:47:49 PM »
OOPS, I thought it was a birthday party.   :-[  Oh, well then don't show him the e-card I sent to him care of you.  A check to you will be in the mail this week.  I can't go but I hope you all can party hearty!

Congrats Andrew and the entire family who made it thru this challenge!   :clap:

natsfan1a

« Reply #11: May 29, 2007, 12:13:25 PM »
Hope you all have a great time and blessings on Andrew, kimnat, and all.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #12: June 02, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »
Thank you!

Well folks, if any of you who haven't responded would like to come, then please feel free to do so!  I'm really excited about this!  I'm also beat!  I was pulling together pics to print off in the morning to chronicle Andrew's journey for the past year!  Now, it's time for me to get some zzzzz's!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #13: June 02, 2007, 09:58:36 AM »
see you later this morning Kim!

PS:  Do you think the kids would like to see my pet snake, who I've named "penny"?  Trying to keep with the copper theme.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #14: June 02, 2007, 04:02:49 PM »
LOL!  Thanks for leaving Penny at home!  :) 

Hey Tom & Jim, it was so nice to see you all today!  Andrew loved seeing Katie and I enjoyed all of you!  It really meant so much to have you there!!!

Everyone had a very nice time.  The kids all played constantly!  Tom was a huge help in that!  He helped Dan set up the moonbounce!  THANK YOU!!!  The kids are absolutely WIPED OUT!  Juliana's in the tub and Andrew and Elisa are watching tv, prob ready to pass out!  Every child there played so much that they almost forgot to eat!  The day was beautiful.  The spot we had was nice and shady.  And everyone's happy!  Now we can try to get on w/ life and put most of this cancer stuff behind us and be grateful for the ending we have.  And I truly believe that the only reason this went as "easily" as it did for Andrew was totally because of all the prayers lifted up on his behalf!  God has been so gracious and has blessed us so much!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #15: June 02, 2007, 10:40:54 PM »
May G-d continue to shine his countenence on you. G-d bless Andrew, and all of you for having shown strength and fortitude and love.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #16: June 03, 2007, 10:14:16 AM »
LOL!  Thanks for leaving Penny at home!  :) 

I'm thinking of taking Penny up to Camden Yards in a couple of weeks, to repay the generosity of those fine Orioles fans that brought their bee collection to RFK.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #17: June 03, 2007, 10:14:46 AM »
I'm thinking of taking Penny up to Camden Yards in a couple of weeks, to repay the generosity of those fine Orioles fans that brought their bee collection to RFK.

Wasn't that disproven?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #18: June 03, 2007, 10:19:13 AM »
Wasn't that disproven?

No, I'd say the source of the bees remains unproven.  Just because the Nationals couldn't confirm the incident doesn't mean it did or didn't happen.  In my own opinion, it is far more probable that the incident was due to natural causes, but there's a glimmer of doubt.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #19: June 03, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
May G-d continue to shine his countenence on you. G-d bless Andrew, and all of you for having shown strength and fortitude and love.

Thank you Salty!  What a beautiful and kind blessing!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #20: June 03, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #21: June 04, 2007, 12:00:39 AM »
Word. 

Great if we could all meet up in Bal'mer!!

No, I'd say the source of the bees remains unproven.  Just because the Nationals couldn't confirm the incident doesn't mean it did or didn't happen.  In my own opinion, it is far more probable that the incident was due to natural causes, but there's a glimmer of doubt.