Author Topic: Nationals vs Padres, Game 2  (Read 15790 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Nationals vs Padres, Game 2
« Reply #450: May 15, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
@AdamKilgoreWP
An unusual postgame revelation: Davey volunteered that Strasburg got "hot stuff" in "the wrong place" and "I don't know how it got there."

...what does that even mean??

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #451: May 15, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
So is everyone wanting to get rid of Detwiler after last night, ready to give up on Stras now?

Yea!!! Strasburg is a total butt!!!!

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #452: May 15, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »
there's no mistake, strasburg was off today.  no masking that. 

his first bad start of the year.

He's very skittish in conditions that are not perfect. He seems easily upset by wet mounds. Does anyone remember that game two years ago (against Clevland) when they had to keep coming out to the mound to fix it.

It must because he grew up in San Diego and probably never pitched in rainy conditions....

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #453: May 15, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »
@AdamKilgoreWP
An unusual postgame revelation: Davey volunteered that Strasburg got "hot stuff" in "the wrong place" and "I don't know how it got there."

...what does that even mean??

Mark Zuckerman says:
The insinuation from Davey: Somebody put something like Icy-Hot on Strasburg in a place it shouldn't have been before game.
Strasburg, when asked about "hot stuff": "You know, I'm going to keep that in the clubhouse."

Kilgore adds:
Asking around, there's no way it was a prank on Strasburg. No one in there is that dumb. Strasburg seemed miffed Davey brought it up.

MLB Fake Rumors says:
Cole Hamels put Old School Icy Hot on Stephen Strasburg's jock strap before game vs Padres.
:lol:

Offline madj55

« Reply #454: May 15, 2012, 06:18:05 PM »
Teammate of mine in high school accidentally didn't wipe the hot sauce off his hand and rubbed his balls and couldn't play that night haha.

Anyway, I was at the game today and there was absolutely no communication between Bernadina and Ankiel on that pop fly. Also when it was hit there wasn't much rain falling at that point so I don't know why Bernadina didn't attack the baseball because it was clearly his ball.

Harper is the man, loudest cheers out of all of the Nats and some sexy ladies rocking his jerseys, player t-shirts, everything...I wish i was him...and he crushed that ball. Also Zimmerman doesn't look good at the plate at all right now.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #455: May 15, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
From the very first play, this was a lousy game.  Other than Harper's second home run, it was a complete flop.  Hopefully they'll rebound tomorrow.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #456: May 15, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
So is everyone wanting to get rid of Detwiler after last night, ready to give up on Stras now?

such a slateman/RL04 esque post :nono:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #457: May 15, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »

No but I am starting to lose hope some people will ever stop attributing a handful of posters opinions to the entire board. :?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #458: May 16, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »
Don't remember if the Nats play the Padres again, but this ought to be the last time we hear Carpenter and FP talk about "the light hitting Padres".

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #459: May 16, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
No, we don't.

But we did take the season series 3-2. Second straight team we took the season series from. The Reds being the other.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #460: May 16, 2012, 08:58:27 AM »
No, we don't.

But we did take the season series 3-2. Second straight team we took the season series from. The Reds being the other.

...and if we sweep the upcoming pair from the Pirates we take that series 3-2. (The only series we can't win is with the Dodgers following that away sweep - we can still go 3-3 if we sweep the home meetings in September.)