Author Topic: You know who I don't see/hear any rumors about...  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
San Diego is discussing a three year deal with Edwin.

Offline houston-nat

San Diego is discussing a three year deal with Edwin.
That would be really great for San Diego and also for Edwin.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
Saw earlier he's working on a 3 year deal with the Padres.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I was on vacation. Does my location matter?

In this case it does, because I took off work, spent all the money, and had no way to turn off my eyes, whereas you could have turned off the tv. It was also much easier for you to get drunk. :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

That would be really great for San Diego and also for Edwin.
Also for me, since he won't be on the Nats. I wish him all the best in San Diego.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
In this case it does, because I took off work, spent all the money, and had no way to turn off my eyes, whereas you could have turned off the tv. It was also much easier for you to get drunk. :lol:

Which game are you talking about? One did not simply turn off the TV after game 5.

Offline PANatsFan

Which game are you talking about? One did not simply turn off the TV after game 5.

Game 3

Offline codedandunited

I wasn't impressed with him on the Diamondbacks, but he seems to be a 4.00 ERA 1.30 WHIP no matter where he pitches.  I also read that he was looking for a 4-5 year deal with San Diego, the price of pitching has been insane lately.  I'd never give EJax more than 2 years if I was a GM.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
There's basically Jackson and Lohse out there right now, after Grienke, Sanchez, Haren, and Dempster signed.  If there are 3 or more year contracts out there to be given out, Jackson will get one.

Online HalfSmokes

There's basically Jackson and Lohse out there right now, after Grienke, Sanchez, Haren, and Dempster signed.  If there are 3 or more year contracts out there to be given out, Jackson will get one.

that seems like it's destined to be a regrettable contract for which ever team hands it out- we have money in the budget and we want to spend it (even though players actually worth it are off the table) can easily end up in Carlos Silva

Offline Kevrock

Game 3

It's just one game, man. If we hold those standards, we'd hate the majority of our roster. We played pathetically that whole series.

Online HalfSmokes

It's just one game, man. If we hold those standards, we'd hate the majority of our roster. We played pathetically that whole series.

He's a journeyman who played here one year, posted a 4.03 era and displaced a pitcher who I actually liked 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Aside from looking brilliant in a few early-season games, Jackson never wowed me.  I hold nothing against the guy, but I'm not sad to see him go, either.

Offline blue911

Aside from looking brilliant in a few early-season games, Jackson never wowed me.  I hold nothing against the guy, but I'm not sad to see him go, either.

Yeah, pretty much sums it up. Long on talent,short on results.

Offline houston-nat

He's a journeyman who played here one year, posted a 4.03 era and displaced a pitcher who I actually liked 
I thought Detwiler displaced the guy you liked.

Online HalfSmokes

I thought Detwiler displaced the guy you liked.

if Jackson isn't signed, the guy I liked pitches

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun

I remember early in the seaosn, he pitched a complete game with some insanely low number of pitches.  Like 90 pitches or something like that. 

Offline Kevrock

if Jackson isn't signed, the guy I liked pitches

Likely worse than Jackson did.

Online HalfSmokes

Likely worse than Jackson did.

Or not,  as a full time pitcher,  he only has one year worse than what Jackson did last year and he was injured that year.

Offline Kevrock

Or not,  as a full time pitcher,  he only has one year worse than what Jackson did last year and he was injured that year.

Using what metrics?

Online HalfSmokes

Using what metrics?

I'm going with era since we're talking about what did happen, unless you want fip (but then you might want to adjust for one player continually out performing it and the other under).

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
Chicago Tribune reporting Cubs and Rangers are purported finalists for E Jax

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-cubs-linked-to-jackson-20121218,0,4119573.story

Offline PC

I can't believe Jackson got 4/52...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Great for Edwin!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
News to other pitchers who aren't getting good long term offers as free agents. 

Mr. Rizzo keeps the Oval Locker Room stocked with plenty of pillows if you need a one year landing spot.

I guess  Mr. Haren heard that.