Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 119992 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: Define Natitude - Dream Mother Freaking Team
« Reply #550: January 06, 2012, 11:37:21 AM »
Google Maps said it, I am in no way liable for misaccuracy or misrepresentation of the truth (unless you want to applaud me, which I will accept) :)

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #551: January 06, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
Scranton 2.5 hours from NYC?  Depends on who is driving and the time of day.  8)

Techincally, google maps says Omaha to KC is 3 and a half hours.  But that's only if my grandmother is driving.  It's never taken me more than 3 hours to get to Kauffman Stadium from Omaha or Lincoln...

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #552: January 06, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Boston, Philly, Atlanta, Cincy, Detroit, Denver, Seattle, Oakland are within two hours.

Yanks, Cleveland are 2:30

Texas, San Francisco are 3 hours.

thanks for that info. 

aside from AAA and A SS ball, our affiliates are pretty close, i'd say we're pretty fortunate.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #553: January 06, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »
Got my season ticket renewal package, Natitude has been officially confirmed as the slogan for 2012. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #554: January 06, 2012, 05:11:41 PM »
For 2012 and beyond, we will build on our progress and do things in our own unique way, on and off the field.  We will continue to take an approach that can only be described one way - Natitude.  This mindset will be present in everything we do, in every improvement we make and throughout our tireless efforts to make your experience as a Season Ticket Holder at Nationals Park a home run every time.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #555: January 06, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
Sounds like they're planning to stick with this one for a while.  I give it even odds that we get yet another new slogan next year anyway, which would be okay with me - I'm not sure about "Natitude"

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #556: January 06, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
This year the invoice is asking for the name and DOB for my wife and kids along with the name, email address, and phone number for all of my ticket plan partners.  My only guess for the need to collect this info is that playoff tickets will require the handing over of the first born.

Interesting that the requests for my race is listed as optional, so I would be led to assume that my kid's birthdays are required.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #557: January 06, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »
The crystal home plate gift looks sweet, I want it now.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Changed the header again.  Come on old timer, just sign Fielder, what's the point of earning all that money if you never spend it?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Quote from: StubHubJo
RT @Snide_Remarks: #Wizards freefall is official - tix on #StubHub for Tuesday vs. Toronto are $1.99! Wednesday's #Caps - #Pens start at $92

If $1.99 for Wizards tickets is a freefall what did they call it when Strasmas II tickets were going for less than half that amount?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Raining and pitch-count limited is what they called it.
If $1.99 for Wizards tickets is a freefall what did they call it when Strasmas II tickets were going for less than half that amount?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Raining and pitch-count limited is what they called it.

Like the Nats fans who showed up on 9/6, the Wizards fans are sure getting their two dollars worth tonight.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Sounds like they're planning to stick with this one for a while.  I give it even odds that we get yet another new slogan next year anyway, which would be okay with me - I'm not sure about "Natitude"

I'm sure about Natitude. It sucks. I kind of liked Nats Town. It had that communal thing going. Nattitude has a hard edge to it. But...whatever.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
This year the invoice is asking for the name and DOB for my wife and kids along with the name, email address, and phone number for all of my ticket plan partners.  My only guess for the need to collect this info is that playoff tickets will require the handing over of the first born.

Interesting that the requests for my race is listed as optional, so I would be led to assume that my kid's birthdays are required.
Why the hell would anybody give them that information? I re-upped online and I didn't give them any of that.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
How is a Long Island Iced Tea a bad thing?
BTW, that was my first "legal" drink

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I've never had one.

Natitude is a stupid slogan.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Os have pretty much their whole team showing up for their Fan Fest in a couple weeks.  Too bad that Natitude means that our guys can't be bothered.

WHERE: Baltimore Convention Center
DATE: Saturday, January 21
TIME: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET*
ADMISSION TICKET PRICING: Adults $10; Children 14 & Under and fans 55 & over $5
AUTOGRAPH VOUCHER PRICING: $15 per fan
PARKING: Free parking for all fans is available in Lot B/C

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/fan_forum/fanfest.jsp

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I want to know how the hell long island ice teas taste the way they do... they really shouldn't... but damn if they aren't tasty!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
I want to know how the hell long island ice teas taste the way they do... they really shouldn't... but damn if they aren't tasty!

its the sour and the splash of coke.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

That's a good point. I had never thought of that.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=41334

Coordinator, Purchasing - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Purchasing, the Coordinator of Purchasing prepares bids and requisition purchases for the entire organization. The Coordinator of Purchasing ensures that all purchases are completed using the Nationals agreed upon purchasing and procurement procedures containing all necessary documentation. The incumbent in the position interacts with all departments in the organization and all levels of management to properly document each purchase requisition.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
  • Gathers the appropriate information from Nationals employees in regards to purchases to ensure all controls are followed and all necessary documentation is obtained in order to purchase tangible goods per the appropriate approval(s).
  • Obtains bids on requested purchases and follows through to the purchase after the most competitive bid has been determined and approved.
  • Manages workflow processes for bids and purchases, and ensures documentation is executed in a timely and efficient manner.
  • Works with the Senior Manager, Purchasing to ensure that all purchase requisitions are being acted on in a timely fashion and that clients are kept informed of the progress of their requests.
  • Reviews the purchase requisition(s) to ensure it is completed and signed off by appropriate levels of management.
  • Obtains and procures the goods that are requested by the departments by coordinating the purchase and delivery of the goods from the vendors.
  • Educates and trains various Nationals’ employees as to the prescribed controls and documentation to be followed in the Purchasing/Procurement process.
  • Works closely with all members of Accounts Payable to ensure they have all the necessary documentation to pay invoices received.
  • Works with and trains the Accounting Assistant on purchasing functions as it relates to Great Plains and documentation gathering and workflow.
  • Learns and works in the Supplier Gateway portal to request bids and manage vendor data.
  • Assists the Senior Manager, Purchasing in developing relationships with diverse suppliers and engage their businesses into our bid and purchasing functions.
  • Serves as back-up to the Senior Manager, Purchasing.
  • Other duties and projects as assigned by the Senior Manager, Purchasing.

Offline PatsNats28

Can you purchase Prince Fielder?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Can you purchase Prince Fielder?

I often compare how old man Lerner runs the Nats to how Pollin ran the Bullets, but in this aspect they couldn't be more different.  Pollin ran a skeleton crew, Unseld as GM had next to no staff.  The Nats have layers of bureaucracy that seems excessive.  I can just imagine guys like Frank Robinson and Davey Johnson being told by a 28 year old pencil pusher that they didn't fill out the form right for a request for a new batch of jock straps.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Saw this on BPG, following his appearance supporting the Loudoun Hounds, Hondo will be attending a second Fan Fest this winter, this one hosted by the Texas Rangers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120106&content_id=26277120&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Quote from: StanK
We all love Frank as much as any of you out here.  There are talks going on. There isn't anything I could talk about today, but Frank and I are having discussions.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/print.jsp?ymd=20090123&content_id=3768110&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
JD Land has just posted pictures of the new view of the river from the ballpark, pretty awesome picture, it's amazing how much better an empty lot looks vs. a concrete factory.

Click on the link below for a better view.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/file-view.cfm?filename=other/120108%20Florida%20Rock%20Cleared%20Panorama.jpg