Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1  (Read 48058 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1
« Reply #350: September 06, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Coaches shouldn't have to be the one to tell you to act like a professional.

Riggleman brought together his "in crowd" of veterans and asked if they should throw at Sanchez. That is not leadership, that is letting the inmates run the asylum.  

I don't disagree with the decision, I disagree with him being dumb enough to think he needed to ask.

People are regularly complaining that they don't know what is going on in the clubhouse (the latest is Olsen). Keeping to a standard requires you to know the clubhouse rules which don't seem to be apparent to anyone. Hell it doesn't seem like there really are any rules. The team seems to hustle a little more but I keep reading about what sounds like a lack of communication.

In that environment, I doubt a player newer to the game like Nyjer is going to do well. Riggleman is effectively leaving the coaching to his veterans if his public comments are any indication.

Judging by how slow they were to respond when Nyjer was getting dog piled by the Marlins he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy Riggleman's vets are going out of their way to help learn all those crazy, subtle rules of the game that get you plunked.