Author Topic: "This medical staff still stinks" thread (2012)  (Read 8379 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Leary too?

Sigh, I like/d him.

Leary stole his entire act from Bill Hicks and even lifted some jokes verbatim. 

Offline RL04

From today's Wash Post:

"Zimmerman received a cortisone shot Saturday.  Zimmerman felt no relief, though, because the team doctor that administered the shot 'missed the spot' Nationals Manager Davy Johnson said."

Oh, good grief.  You gotta be kidding.

What is the team doctor's name?  We should look him up.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Just put him on the DL and start Lombo

Offline loshjott

Offline EdStroud

From today's Wash Post:

"Zimmerman received a cortisone shot Saturday.  Zimmerman felt no relief, though, because the team doctor that administered the shot 'missed the spot' Nationals Manager Davy Johnson said."

When asked about the shot the Doc replied,

"Never shot da stuff thru shoulder before, anybody seen my kid?"

Offline hammondsnats

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
From today's Wash Post:

I'm sure it was a noble attempt by the staff nonetheless.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks, man - I've been looking for the right avatar.  This works. 

:cheers:

Offline nobleisthyname

I'm sure it was a noble attempt by the staff nonetheless.
(Image removed from quote.)

I suppose you have been ignoring the news around the league about Pineda and Crawford? Unless the medical staffs of the Yankees and Red Sox are incompetent too  :lmao:

Actually I don't even disagree with you here. That's a horrible mistake for a doctor to make. I just find it humorous that you had no response to my last post and are just falling back on small jabs at me.  :lol:

Offline blue911

I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder. They missed. As far as I can tell they almost never get it right

Offline nobleisthyname

I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder. They missed. As far as I can tell they almost never get it right

Interesting. If true then it just goes to show how I can't assume anything about a field I have zero knowledge in.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun

Are you a National?!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
What about ss and jz taking 12 months to recover from tommy john? What abou wang's rehab? Those seem like wins to me.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Also, not surprising that the team doctor also tends to whiff. 

Offline blue911

Interesting. If true then it just goes to show how I can't assume anything about a field I have zero knowledge in.

Basically your talking about problems that Advil will work just as well, only slower

Offline nobleisthyname

What about ss and jz taking 12 months to recover from tommy john? What abou wang's rehab? Those seem like wins to me.

I was thinking of including them in my earlier rant but decided to keep it with only injuries from this season.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
@Adamkilgorewp

Zimmerman's shoulder felt the same swinging today. Plan is to get treatment (likely cortisone shot) in LA. I can't see how he avoids DL.

Offline PC

Form Kolko:

LaRoche said there are no plans for him to get an MRI on the oblique and didn't seem incredibly concerned about possibly missing a large chunk of time. We've already seen this season, however, how a seemingly minor injury can suddenly turn into something more severe. (See: Morse and Drew Storen.)

:roll:

Offline Dixon Ward

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Form Kolko:

MLB tonight last night had Dan Plesac speculating that the Angels should trade Trumbo since he really can't play anything other than 1B.  If Chinless is out for a long period of time, let's do it!

Offline Sharp

Form Kolko:

You know, I've been trying to reserve judgment on our team's doctors because pretty much every team has injury issues, but... seriously?

Offline blue911

MLB tonight last night had Dan Plesac speculating that the Angels should trade Trumbo since he really can't play anything other than 1B.  If Chinless is out for a long period of time, let's do it!

I'd rather see what Tyler Moore can do. They are basically the same player.

Offline Sharp

Doesn't seem to mel like either of those operations were performed by team doctors.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm with Blue on Trumbo v. Moore.  I don't see why LaRoche would appeal to the Angels.  They have Pujols and Morales, and have a hard time playing all of Wells, Hunter, Bourjos, and Trout.  they do want to see what they could get for Trumbo, but a 1B is probably not what they are looking for in return.  Trumbo is more versatile than LaRoche, and can play poor defense at every corner.   Now if you could get Maicer Izturis back for something, or  he would be a useful piece on this team were we to look for an upgrade to our infield bench.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Is Jerome Williams still starting for the Angels?  If he is, they'd probably be interested in another starter.  I know they also just demoted their closer Walden.  What about something like a Lannan and HRod for Bourjos trade?