Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1  (Read 13602 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1
« Reply #250: May 01, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
A Pirates fan who does that?  Wow, that must happen a lot.  Wonder that woman hasn't gotten a divorce.

freak, I missed the entire game when I just went to take a quick nap. :? Glad to see the Nats won.  The pitching has been $$$ lately.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #251: May 01, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »
That Pirates fan sounds like what some of the folks on this forum will be when they aren't teenagers anymore... :-/

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #252: May 01, 2008, 11:36:32 PM »
well, if you are lucky, Dukes will still be down there by that time.

that'd most likely be bad for the Nationals, as it would mean that Dukes was a bust. But I'm pretty sure you don't actually care about the Nationals at all anyway, so long as you can see your mancrush live and in person.

ya, dukes should be up by then...it won't take him long to "prove he can hit minor league pitching". what a joke that is. he showed 4 years of proof in the rays organization.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #253: May 01, 2008, 11:44:28 PM »
can anyone post the article that says dukes is heading for columbus? i'm still searching...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #254: May 01, 2008, 11:47:54 PM »
can anyone post the article that says dukes is heading for columbus? i'm still searching...
Meanwhile, outfielder Elijah Dukes, who is on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain, will play for Triple-A Columbus on Saturday to face more difficult starting pitching. He is currently playing for Class A Potomac, and has gone 3-for-14 (.215) with an RBI.

"Dukes has made progress," said Bowden. "He ripped a double, [and] it was an extremely hard-hit ball. He also struck out three times and struggled with the breaking ball [on Wednesday.] His timing was a little off, he looked good defensively and he ran well. ... So after tonight at Potomac, he's going to go to Columbus and face a little more difficult pitching. I'm not going to put a timetable on when he's back. It could be two days, three days, four days, a week. I'm not going to do that. I told him today in a meeting that his bat will determine when he comes here. That's [what's] going to decide. It's not going to be me. It's not going to be him. It's going to be the bat that decides."
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080501&content_id=2623743&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #255: May 01, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »
thanks...personally, i don't think jimbo is really in a position to be picky. but whatever...dukes should be up in no time.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #256: May 02, 2008, 12:22:45 AM »
I don't get it. Why not promote someone who's doing well in the minors?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #257: May 02, 2008, 12:38:19 AM »
Anyone going Saturday?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #258: May 02, 2008, 12:51:18 AM »
Anyone going Saturday?
I'm going Wednesday. :D

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #259: May 02, 2008, 07:49:59 AM »
There are lots of guys on the team hitting better than that. I'm sure Dukes has more to contribute, but hitting .215 in AA ball doesn't exactly scream "bring me up!"

thanks...personally, i don't think jimbo is really in a position to be picky. but whatever...dukes should be up in no time.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #260: May 02, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
There are lots of guys on the team hitting better than that. I'm sure Dukes has more to contribute, but hitting .215 in AA ball doesn't exactly scream "bring me up!"

They should cut Mackowiak and bring up Langerhans now.  Langerhans is a gifted fielder, and it seems he's solved his hitting problems.  Not that Lenny can't screw him up again, but he's hot now, get him up here.

Offline daveb32

« Reply #261: May 02, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »
They should cut Mackowiak and bring up Langerhans now.  Langerhans is a gifted fielder, and it seems he's solved his hitting problems.  Not that Lenny can't screw him up again, but he's hot now, get him up here.
QFT. That .441 OBP is pretty impressive.