Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 168492 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #800: November 27, 2012, 12:24:17 AM »
Josh Peck was pretty good in The Wackness.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #801: November 27, 2012, 12:35:41 AM »
I could really only say this if I decided that Up, Ratatouille, and Toy Story 3 were primarily adult rather than kids movies. Which is actually an argument that could be made.

I have to say I didn't really enjoy Up... but man did it bring out the waterworks! Objectively it's a great movie but I really have no desire to rewatch it, partially because the beginning is so sad  :(

But Ratatouille and Toy Story 3 are both amazing - best part was that I watched Toy Story 3 in theaters the summer before I was moving to college. Hit me hard!

Also anyone rented anything good on Redbox recently?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #802: November 27, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »
i enjoyed all toy story movies.  really enjoyed them.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #803: November 27, 2012, 12:48:53 AM »
Up told a better story in the first ten minutes than most normal movies do through their entire running time.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #804: November 27, 2012, 12:57:38 AM »
Up told a better story in the first ten minutes than most normal movies do through their entire running time.

Then it was lame for the rest of it.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #805: November 27, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »

That's almost the problem with Up: its first ten minutes are so flawless, so perfect, that really there's no way any movie could follow that with 80 more minutes on the same level. That said, I DO love it all the way through; my only irritation is how violently they kill off the bad guy.

I have to say I didn't really enjoy Up... but man did it bring out the waterworks! Objectively it's a great movie but I really have no desire to rewatch it, partially because the beginning is so sad  :(

This is the weird thing: when my friends and I get drunk, we have a weird desire to rewatch just the beginning of Up. I definitely remember a night on spring break this year where we got hammered on three very strong beers each (like 8-11%) while watching Ratatouille, and then at the end of Ratatouille, we had this immense drunken desire to watch the beginning of Up, which we then proceeded to do and started bawling and shouting "it's so sad!"

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #806: November 27, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
This is the weird thing: when my friends and I get drunk, we have a weird desire to rewatch just the beginning of Up. I definitely remember a night on spring break this year where we got hammered on three very strong beers each (like 8-11%) while watching Ratatouille, and then at the end of Ratatouille, we had this immense drunken desire to watch the beginning of Up, which we then proceeded to do and started bawling and shouting "it's so sad!"

we used to watch the Orson wells transformers movie a lot in college.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #807: November 27, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
That's almost the problem with Up: its first ten minutes are so flawless, so perfect, that really there's no way any movie could follow that with 80 more minutes on the same level.

That sounds like most of the papers I wrote for school.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #808: November 28, 2012, 10:05:51 PM »
That sounds like most of the papers I wrote for school.
I had the opposite issue. I'm really, really good at writing conclusions, but I suck at introductions. It helped for grading, because the professors remembered the really awesome stuff best and the sucky stuff was way back at the start, but it means that to this day my writing suffers from only starting to be really interesting after people stop reading it.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #809: November 28, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
I'll write your intro's for a fee.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #810: November 28, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
I liked the Wackness.  Peck did a good job.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #811: November 29, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »
Has anyone on here who read "Life of Pi" seen the movie, yet?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #812: November 29, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »
It seems to be getting pretty hyped up.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #813: November 29, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
It seems to be getting pretty hyped up.
Yeah, but having read the book and really enjoying it, I'm skeptical that it really translates well to the screen.  I'm sure it will be visually stunning.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #814: November 29, 2012, 08:27:41 AM »
Quote from: zdk
I liked the Wackness.  Peck did a good job.

I'm a big 90's rap fan so I probably have some bias towards the movie... the soundtrack is pretty dope. It also reminds me of summer so I like to check it out every now and then. It was cool to see Peck go from Nickelodeon to that though. Some interesting transition there.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #815: November 29, 2012, 08:59:07 AM »
Watched the Dark Knight Rises last night... Anne Hathaway sure knows how to make my dark knight rise... Now if only I could enter her bat cave ;)

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #816: November 29, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
In that case, you need to see Havoc (or at least 5 minutes of it)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #817: November 29, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
That movie is a sure fire way to get your Batwing started.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #818: November 29, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
terpfan you watch TDKR online? 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #819: November 29, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »
Lawless was... Interesting.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #820: November 29, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
The Incredibles is my absolute favorite kids movie, but it's pretty dark for kids under 10 or so. Other favorite non-Disney/Pixar kids movies include The Princess Bride, Spirited Away, and recently How to Train Your Dragon.

Tons of good kids movies out there though!

I had How to Train Your Dragon on the other day while doing things around the house.  It was OK, but I thought the main character was incredibly poorly voice acted.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #821: November 30, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »
random i know, but how awesome was Hayley Atwell (and how attractive was she) in Captain America?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #822: November 30, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »
Umm.... no... sorta... :lol:

Lawless was interesting for sure.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #823: November 30, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »
Tron: Legacy is decent. The dude playing the lead character is awful, but Bridges is pretty good, and Michael Sheen's few minutes of hamming it up like a boss made the movie worth watching by itself. The effects are good, but to be honest, I prefer the original's. Everything was too dark and hard to see in this one. (And when we did see anything, it looked like the Citadel from Mass Effect.)

Offline Coladar

« Reply #824: November 30, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
Wow, that evolution picture of the husky child star is... impressive. Too old to have any clue who he is or what he was on, but since my age range is more common... I was looking up Salute Your Shorts stars this year. Donkeylips is heavier than ever, speaks with the same lisp, etc. Seven years and this Peck went from that, twenty and his forebearer is still the same. Like I said, impressive.