Author Topic: 2/28/09 Unofficial Game Thread: Nats @ Cardinals  (Read 4285 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Detwiler is all over the place. He keeps missing high.

Walks Molina and Pujols to start the inning.  :|

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I thought I read/heard this somewhere, but I could be making this up...I agree though he is really going to have to pitch well to earn a spot in the rotation. I really hope that Zimmermann makes the rotation though

Chico in his column yesterday said the first 4 are already set (Hill, Lannan, Cabrera, Olsen - with the proviso that Hill stays healthy). The competition is for the 5th spot between Balester and Zim.

Offline sportsfan882

Chico in his column yesterday said the first 4 are already set (Hill, Lannan, Cabrera, Olsen - with the proviso that Hill stays healthy). The competition is for the 5th spot between Balester and Zim.
Still, I believe or at least hope if Cabrera bombs that we release his candy ass.

Offline sportsfan882

another walk. bases loaded on walks. ugh  :evil:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Detwiler has walked the bases loaded. Out comes the Saint.  :shock:

MrMadison

Re: 2/28/09 Unofficial Game Thread: Nats @ Cardinals
« Reply #30: February 28, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »
lannan, olsen, hill, cabrera? that's bullcrap. should be lannan, olsen, hill, balester

Offline sportsfan882

2-run double by Ludwick. 4-0  :bang:

Offline sportsfan882

Detwiler got rocked: 0 IP 1 H 3 R 3 ER 4 BB 0 K

Atilano came in and got 3 consecutive outs.

Offline natsfan4evr

Detwiler is far from ready yet.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Sounds like Maxwell made a good catch or the announcers were making it seem huge by the "OOOOOOHHHHH back back back.... caught" just like Harry Doyle.

Offline sportsfan882

Maxwell with a great catch at the wall. Announcers were screaming like the ball was gone but then they were stunned when Max caught it.

Atilano nearly gives up a grand slam but instead finishes with 2 scoreless innings.

Offline sportsfan882

Maxwell leads off the 5th inning with his second infield hit in as many days.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
These announcers are morons. They are convinced Detwiler is going to make the big league roster. :rofl:

:rofl: Maybe if Harrisburg becomes our MLB affiliate.

Offline sportsfan882

scoreless inning for Wagner despite walking a batter and a runner reaching via an error.

Offline natsfan4evr

These announcers are extremely boring. I'd rather listen to Debbie the terrible than these guys.

Offline ronnynat

scoreless inning for Wagner despite walking a batter and a runner reaching via an error.

Supposidly his arm is 100% for the first time in years.

Offline natsfan4evr

Who the heck are these guys? They are downright awful.

STEEEE RIKE

Offline sportsfan882

Patterson draws a 3-0 count and eventually Ks swinging. He's horrid.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Final line for D-cab: 2 IP 4 H 2 R 1 ER 0 BB 0 K

That extrapolates to a quality start.  :?

Offline hammondsnats

hahaha well the old sportsfan is back ... EVERYONE SUCKS BECAUSE WE'RE LOSING!

nobody was expecting detwiler to be a contributor to the major league team this year.  yeah the results are not pleasing, but at the same time, it's one game. 

and i'm not sticking up for d-cab, b/c 4 hits is kinda high for 2 innings, but only one earned run and no walks is a positive. 

you can't get too high or too low over anything in the first week and a half of spring training, c'mon.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
lannan, olsen, hill, cabrera? that's bullcrap. should be lannan, olsen, hill, balester

Nobody is really guaranteed anything. Most have Cabrera down as one of the starters simply due to the numbers game. It comes down to who you can really send down. But Cabrera will need to justify a rotation spot. If someone is clearly better, and he can't perform well enough, they have already mentioned him as a potential long relief guy out of the bullpen.

Offline hammondsnats

Nobody is really guaranteed anything. Most have Cabrera down as one of the starters simply due to the numbers game. It comes down to who you can really send down. But Cabrera will need to justify a rotation spot. If someone is clearly better, and he can't perform well enough, they have already mentioned him as a potential long relief guy out of the bullpen.

if d-cab is downright terrible in spring training i can't see them keeping him.  or if they do and he stinks in his first couple starts, they'll patterson him.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Detwiler got rocked: 0 IP 1 H 3 R 3 ER 4 BB 0 K

Atilano came in and got 3 consecutive outs.

:hang:

If we're going to rely on Hill and Cabrera we may be in deep crap. Balester and ZNN will probably both have to be relied on heavily.

and i'm not sticking up for d-cab, b/c 4 hits is kinda high for 2 innings, but only one earned run and no walks is a positive. 

No strikeouts is a negative.

Offline sportsfan882

hahaha well the old sportsfan is back ... EVERYONE SUCKS BECAUSE WE'RE LOSING!

nobody was expecting detwiler to be a contributor to the major league team this year.  yeah the results are not pleasing, but at the same time, it's one game. 

you can't get too high or too low over anything in the first week and a half of spring training, c'mon.
It's a disappointing effort by Detwiler but kind of expected. If you see my post in this thread prior to the game I predicted that we were going to get destroyed due to scrub lineup and Cabrera + young pitchers.

I am befuddled by our lack of offense though. what gives? Other teams are scoring runs just fine.

Offline sportsfan882

Shell gives up a Sac Fly. 6-0.

Shell has given up a run in each of his first two ST outings. Not good.