Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Alex Meyer, RHP  (Read 895 times)

Offline GNatsNoMore

Follow the Prospects: Alex Meyer, RHP
« Topic Start: August 31, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »
It seems that no one made a "Follow the Prospect" thread for Alex Meyer.   :shock: At least, I can't find one. Who wants to start one?  

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Alex Meyer
« Reply #1: August 31, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
It seems that no one made a "Follow the Prospect" thread for Alex Meyer.   :shock: At least, I can't find one. Who wants to start one? 

If you'd like to, great.  Start with the basics (height weight birthdate position bats/throws), some college stats, and quotes from draft write ups if you can find them.  If you can't, others might be able to add.  Throw in any observations or comments you have. 

Look at some of the ones JMU set up, or the Milone thread by BBQ, or my Solis (minimal) and Komatsu (extensive broken into 3 posts) as examples if you have not done one before.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2: August 31, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »
It seems that no one made a "Follow the Prospect" thread for Alex Meyer.   :shock: At least, I can't find one. Who wants to start one? 

i think you just did. :)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #3: August 31, 2011, 02:43:01 PM »
He's 6'9, a lefty, and a ton of velocity on his fast ball. I'm excited for him. I think he ends up being a #3/4 starter who will kick some ass.

Why? I don't know. Mind fact.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #4: August 31, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
He's not a lefty. I think he can be a really good #2 in a few years. I like his potential a lot.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #5: August 31, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
He's 6'9, a lefty, and a ton of velocity on his fast ball. I'm excited for him. I think he ends up being a #3/4 starter who will kick some ass.

Why? I don't know. Mind fact.
Yeah, Meyer is a righty.  Purke is a lefty.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Follow the Prospects: Alex Meyer, RHP
« Reply #6: September 01, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
These posts have been split off of the "bio" post so that it shows up as the first post in the FTP thread.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=24707.0