Author Topic: Are there any major Anti-UPS sites?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Are there any major Anti-UPS sites?
« Topic Start: September 28, 2006, 06:33:25 PM »
I've had it with that company.  I'll give a brief history without getting into too much detail (my blood pressure is already high enough after today's debacle)

-2001: UPS delivers a laptop I sold to the wrong address.  As a result, it sits in the snow for 2 days and is ruined.  They refuse to compensate me in any way.

-2003: I RMA and item via UPS ground.  The truck is hijacked and my RMA is stolen.  After more than 18 months and well over a dozen phonecalls, UPS still has not reimbursed me in spite of many prior promises to do so.  The shipper I sent through finally gets fed up with them and reimburses me out of his own pocket.

-2005: UPS delivers an item to me with extensive physical damage.  The retailers replaces the item for me and sends it via FedEx.  Replacement arrives in pristine condition.

-2006: Two pacakges are scheduled to arrive on the same day via home delivery (though they're actually going to my work address).  One is sent by FedEx and arrives on time, no problems.  The other is sent by UPS, and 3 days later, is still not here.  UPS claims that they have attempted to deliver the package every day.  My security guards at the front desk say that the UPS guy has not set foot in the building all week.  Every day, UPS has a new excuse.

Tuesday: A CORRECT COMPANY OR RECEIVER NAME IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION;NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE WHEN UPS CALLED

Baloney.  My phone has no record of missed calls.

Wednesday:RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Oh really?  Maybe that's because you never asked him to seeing as you never set foot in the building!

Wednesday(After I called their customer service and provided my exact address along with precise instructions to leave the package at the front desk and have the security guard sign for it):THE RECEIVER HAS MOVED. UPS ATTEMPTING TO LOCATE RECEIVER TO COMPLETE DELIVERY, NO DELIVERY WAS MADE;THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED

I didn't move, but OK whatever, just deliver it tomorrow kthanks.

Thursday:A CORRECT SUITE NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION

Didn't we go through this already?

After calling customer service and really laying into them (no profanity or personal insults mind you) I am told that someone will call me within the hour.  Amazingly, they did, but to little result.  I told the first person that the only acceptable conclusion to this call was my package back on the truck and delivered to me today.

The supervisor who then answered the phone not only did not acknowledge any of my problems or frustrations, but repeatedly attempted to speak over me.  I told them that either they deliver my package today or lose my business forever.  I also told them that I would ensure that I dissuaded as many people as possible from ever using UPS for anything.  They opted to lose my business.

After the 3 major incidents with UPS over the previous years, I swore never to ship through or voluntarily receive from them again.  And I haven't.  The store I purchased THIS item from only offered UPS as a shipping option, and no other stores that I could find had the item I wanted, so I bit the bullet and against my better judgement, ordered.  This is where UPS loses big time.  Before, I was content merely not to do business with them anymore whenever it was possible to avoid it.  NOW I am hellbent on making sure I hurt their bottom line as frequently as I can.  Will I make a big difference?  Of course not.  But I will cost them more than one hour of driver overtime, of that I can assure you.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #1: September 28, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: September 28, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »
An excellent rant.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #3: September 28, 2006, 07:26:29 PM »
Most excellant!   :D

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: September 28, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
I have had problems too. Only once or twice.

You havent truly lived until youve had to pick up a package at their service center in Landover on a friday night.  It is the definition of clusterf--- and inefficiency.

I could spell it out but why bring up old crap.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #5: September 28, 2006, 08:19:35 PM »

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #6: September 28, 2006, 10:22:31 PM »
Lets see, THEY LOST THE OPENING DAY TICKET I sent to a friend of mine this year!  Wow, they found it a day later!

Got a discount at the UPS Store I frequent because of it.  Almost didn't make it into RFK!   :evil:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #7: September 28, 2006, 11:00:32 PM »
Quote from: "OldChelsea"
http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/ (includes forums)

Yeah, I just found that site myself about 30 minutes ago.  Excellent work by the site admin.