Author Topic: Why Dallas and Detroit Get the Thanksgiving Game at Home Every Year...  (Read 1690 times)

Offline ronnynat

This is a really good explanation of it: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10483708

Smart man, that Schramm

arkymark

Wonder how Detroit got the game.  Used to be Michigan would play Chicago in college football on Thanksgiving, but that was long ago and in a galaxy far away.  Don't know if they're related.

Offline ronnynat

I like tradition and all, but it does seem a bit unfair that these two teams get this type of hyped home game every year.

Offline nats2playoffs

The NFL Network is airing a 3rd game on Thanksgiving, Indianapolis at Atlanta this year.  The NFL is dreaming of eliminating the tv networks and getting all the revenue themselves.  Not gonna happen,

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
cuz we're america's team and thats all tha reason you need

Offline ronnynat

I thought they were all in America

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

They froze 1 mil of vicks money(assets) for 50 dogs, 20 g's a dog

katrina victims got 2 stacks and a bed

smmfh  >:(

So now we care about dogs more than we do humans??? this is whats wrong with tha world and more importantly american.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I thought they were all in America
were you serious with this??

Offline ronnynat

were you serious with this??

Seriously sarcastic, yes.

If Dallas was America's team, more people would like em, right? Don't get me wrong, though, they're having a damn good season. Just think that title left w/ Emmitt Smith..or even Aikman

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
we're still america's team. we broke three record for tv rating this year. more casual fans tune in for us than any other team. And Tony Romo has tha number one sellin jersey

Offline ronnynat

we're still america's team. we broke three record for tv rating this year. more casual fans tune in for us than any other team. And Tony Romo has tha number one sellin jersey

what 3 records?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan

The term America's team was created by some sports announcer/slash/journalist a long time ago, it has nothing at all to do with the American people seeing the Cowboys as their team. Just because some twit says something on national TV or writes it in an article, doesn't make it so.

......this is whats wrong with tha world and more importantly american.

There's nothing wrong with America (CAPITAL A) that isn't any more or less wrong with any other nation on the planet. What's wrong with "some" people, not just Americans (CAPITAL A), is that they believe everything they read in a news article or hear on television.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
what 3 records?

we have tha highest rated program ever for a cbs broadcasted game(cowboys-patriots)

we have tha same record for mnf(bills-boys) and i believe we also have on sunday night football. i'll drop tha link if i find it

Offline ronnynat

we have tha highest rated program ever for a cbs broadcasted game(cowboys-patriots)

we have tha same record for mnf(bills-boys) and i believe we also have on sunday night football. i'll drop tha link if i find it

I think the Pats and the records of the two teams had something to do w/ the first one...NOT just the fact that it was Dallas. Really hard for me to believe that a Dallas/Bills game THIS year set any records. I do know that the Colts/Pats game set the 4pm game record, though.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
The term America's team was created by some sports announcer/slash/journalist a long time ago, it has nothing at all to do with the American people seeing the Cowboys as their team. Just because some twit says something on national TV or writes it in an article, doesn't make it so.

It has everything to do with us bieng tha most popular football team in America

There's nothing wrong with America (CAPITAL A) that isn't any more or less wrong with any other nation on the planet. What's wrong with "some" people, not just Americans (CAPITAL A), is that they believe everything they read in a news article or hear on television.

No nation is prefect and tha US has a lotta flaws. Don't mean i don't like tha US, but i'm not some homer who can't admit when my home country has flaws.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
I'm a Cowboys fan, I have no clue what you are.

I've been a Cowboys fan since the early 60's, and good times or bad times, I've been and am proud of my team. I don't razz people when the Cowboys win, and I don't cry, complain or bellyache when they lose. I will want for better, not matter how well the team is playing, I will always want for the best team possible, no matter who's on the team. Hmmm, odd, that's how I am as a Nats fan too... There must be something wrong with me.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I'm a Cowboys fan, I have no clue what you are.

I've been a Cowboys fan since the early 60's, and good times or bad times, I've been and am proud of my team. I don't razz people when the Cowboys win, and I don't cry, complain or bellyache when they lose. I will want for better, not matter how well the team is playing, I will always want for the best team possible, no matter who's on the team. Hmmm, odd, that's how I am as a Nats fan too... There must be something wrong with me.

wtf are you talkin about? what was tha point of this post. did i question yorur fanship???

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Yeah, many people may be watching..........Hoping you'll lose!   :doh:

Many people watch the Yankees too.  People to watch them win and people who hope they LOSE.

I'm in both camps hoping they both lose.  :clap: :thumbs:

You have a 50-50 shot of some side being happy!   :D 

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
In my case, I'd rather watch a game, hoping one team or the other will lose, than watch a team I'm a fan of, expecting them to lose. I'm always hopeful that 2008 will change that feeling where the Nats are concerned. I'm even more hopeful that the phrase "maybe next year" stops applying to the Nats and things happen to make that wish come true...

Yup, I'm hopeful, always have been, but I'm also a realist as well, so turning hopes into realities takes some doing.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
In football I root for 2 teams.  Redskins and whoever plays Dallas

Baseball - I root for my Nats and anyone to beat the Yankees.  Comes from being a Senators fan for a number of years.

Offline ronnynat

I've always been a bigger fan of good games than any one team. Still, Washington teams and Notre Dame will always be the ones I'll pull for in the end.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
In football I root for 2 teams.  Redskins and whoever plays Dallas

Baseball - I root for my Nats and anyone to beat the Yankees.  Comes from being a Senators fan for a number of years.

In any sport, I root for one team, because I couldn't care a less what the other teams do. Reason being, if you need help to advance, you don't deserve to be called a winner. Your way, only leads to more chances of being frustrated. I stick to my teams, and the hell with the rest.

Well crap.  If we are all about delusions of grandeur then I am AMERICA'S INTERNET POSTER.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Well crap.  If we are all about delusions of grandeur then I am AMERICA'S INTERNET POSTER.

Let me the first to congratulate you...