Author Topic: PHOTOS: Columbus Clippers in Richmond Last Night  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Hello everyone - went to the Clippers game last night in Richmond.  We got rained on but not enough to keep us from losing.   :(  Fruto was in trouble all night long - and the Clippers were very "Nationalesque"...everytime they got a rally going somebody would ground into a double play.  :bang:  I'm so sick of that crap being a Nationals tradition.   :roll:

I knew it was going to rain, so I took the cheap camera along so these shots aren't up to snuff...but hope you enjoy them anyway.  The rest will be in my blog photo album.

"The Diamond" - Home of the Richmond Braves

Alex Escobar

Brandon Watson

Larry Broadway & Michael Restovich

Larry Broadway Signing Autographs

Levale Speigner

Winston Abreu

Emiliano Fruto Pitches to Brayan Peña

Offline ronnynat

Awesome as always.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Sens, where you bit lately?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Sens, where you bit lately?
Promotion at work has monopolized alot of my time...things should be slowing down soon I hope.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Too bad you don't get the money without the extra responsibility.

Offline ronnynat

Where's the ball in the Fruto picture? Is it above the $ sign?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Where's the ball in the Fruto picture? Is it above the $ sign?

I think so, if you notice the batter's already swung, so it's in the mitt or it's on the way out.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
It's not above the $ in the mega millions sign, because that's part of the sign

If you look at the catcher's mitt, he doesn't have the ball, and according to the game log, Pena faced Fruto three times, a walk in the first, a ground out to 2B in the 2nd and a single past 2B in the 4th.

It definitely not a walk, not is it a ground out, because the second baseman isn't moving, that leaves his 4th inning single past the second baseman. The ball is either behind the batter and cant be seen or, because of the direction the batter's head is pointing, it's that tiny white spot above the M in Smithfield, in between that sign and the "right store, right price" in the sign above it.

Watch, Sens will tell us its that dark spot in the sky above the hitter's head.... or that he fouled it straight back

Offline ronnynat

it's that tiny white spot above the M in Smithfield, in between that sign and the "right store, right price" in the sign above it.

I don't know how you picked that up, but I think you're right.....maybe not, though.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
I don't know for sure guys...I was using the cheap point & shoot at that game because I knew it was going to rain.  I know this shot was taken in the first because that's when I took the photos from behind the plate (except some of Speigner later on).  I'm thinking Peña swung through it and the ball is in the closed catcher's mit.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
I was a catcher most of my playing days, and the catcher in that picture is not catching or going to catch any ball, so it could be a foul tip and the ball's just outside the frame. That means if it is a foul tip, your timing was very close to being right on.

Offline ronnynat

I was a catcher most of my playing days, and the catcher in that picture is not catching or going to catch any ball, so it could be a foul tip and the ball's just outside the frame. That means if it is a foul tip, your timing was very close to being right on.

Would the swing be that far through if it was a foul tip and the ball's hidden in front of the catcher? Or are you saying the foul tip is behind the ump at this point? Uggh...we'll probably never know.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
My guess would be behind the ump someplace

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Laugh...it's like a Sherlock Holmes mystery - I went back into Photoshop and fooled around with the contrast and different brightness patterns.  Hoping that it was hiding in that washed out sky or something.  No luck.  If it's not in the catcher's mit, it has to be either off screen or blocked from view by one of the players or umpire.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The ball is clearly in the picture.

It is almost to the top of the image, and almost directly above the head of the batter, though slightly to the right of this. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
What's The Diamond like in person?  I've never been, but it looks downright hideous and awkward from what I've seen.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
The ball is clearly in the picture.

It is almost to the top of the image, and almost directly above the head of the batter, though slightly to the right of this. 

Tom, Pena walked in his 1st at bat, and Sens said he took the pictures in the first inning, meaning that Pena walked that AB. And since it's impossible to hit a fly ball into fair territory and end up getting a base on ball, it's more likely a spec of dust on the lens or a bird.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Must be a UFB.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
What's The Diamond like in person?  I've never been, but it looks downright hideous and awkward from what I've seen.
It's like a miniature RFK without the loge level and outfield seats.  Check out the concrete awning that overhangs the stadium...looks familiar don't it?   :icon_mrgreen:  Those things are great for keeping dry at times like this.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Check out the Indian Brave peeking out from underneath the stadium...too bad we can't pry Richmond from Atlanta, it would be a much better location for our Triple-A squad than Columbus, Ohio.