Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171755 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #75: November 18, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
The STH poll came as a link in an email late yesterday afternoon.

As far as FanFest goes, I'm 100% in agreement with you that it should be moved back to the week before the Super Bowl.  But I'm fairly certain that it will be paired up with the spring training game against the Red Sox, which is a weekday, but at least it's during spring break for the kids.  Based on statements from last year I don't think that the decision makers want to be proven wrong, so they plan to continue with the idea that a FF right before the season is the best course of action.  Which will inevitably lead to us experiencing the joy of a FanFest where more than half of the attendees are wearing Red Sox caps.  The excuse for not having the Fest during the winter is lack of player availability, which is pretty lame considering how many other teams are able to pull it off.

I was traveling in western PA last week, and the Pittsburgh sports radio station was heavily promoting the TWO-DAY Pirates Fan Fest coming up next month.  From the Pirates site:

"PirateFest Highlights Include:

* Free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players and coaches.
    * Opportunity to purchase 2012 individual game tickets for the first time beginning Saturday, December 17 at 10 a.m.
    * All attendees get a 2012 Pirates wall calendar, 2012 pocket schedule and PirateFest program.
    * Q&A sessions with the players as well as "Ask Pirates Management" with Pirates President Frank Coonelly, Executive Vice President and General Manager Neal Huntington and Manager Clint Hurdle.
    * The chance to join your favorite players in versions of Pirates "Minute to Win It" or "We Are Fam-A-Lee Feud", take on Pirates players in "Guitar Hero", play "Deal Or No Deal" and take part in Pierogie Eating Contests.
    * Youth baseball clinics, Kids Fun Zone, inflatable rides, batting cages, carnival games and more!"

If a team like the Pirates can pull something like that off, there's no reason the Nats can't do the same...