Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL WASHINGTON NATIONALS FANS: IT’S TIME TO TAKE BACK THE PARK!  (Read 58595 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Why not, it's a great deal, sell the four on Stubhub and use the fifth on to catch another game for free.

Let's hope that the average Philthy fan doesn't want to go through that SH hassle.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Let's hope that the average Philthy fan doesn't want to go through that SH hassle.

Amen to that brother.

Offline Baseball is Life

One thing we know at this point. Every local media outlet and much of baseball will now be paying attention May 4-6 to see if this gambit works.
I like Fluffer's chutzpah. Even if it doesn't work, there's nobility in the effort. :cheers:

Offline HalfSmokes

One thing we know at this point. Every local media outlet and much of baseball will now be paying attention May 4-6 to see if this gambit works.

I like Fluffer's chutzpah. Even if it doesn't work, there's nobility in the effort. :cheers:

It'll work- he'll get sellouts

Offline Baseball is Life

It'll work- he'll get sellouts

Friend, it was going to sell out one way or the other. Now at least he's challenging Nats fans to get in the game and do something about it AND getting a crapload of good publicity (except on this board and in the Philly area.)

I think it's safe to say there are still going to be a fair amount of Philthy fans there. But I'm thinking there will be a whole less than if he didn't do anything. We shall see.

Offline Baseball is Life

FWIW, there is not one single tickets posting for that series on the DC Craigslist. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Because Philly already bought them all.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Phillies @ Nationals 5/4-5/6 (Nationals Park)

Date: 2012-02-04, 10:34AM EST
Reply to: ytk6d-2834239127@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Tickets are available now to the May 4-6 series vs. the Nationals at Nationals Park. However they're only available to those who have a credit card linked to a MD, VA, or DC address.

Fightins fan living in Maryland offering to purchase tickets now for you. Email with interest/questions. Don't let the Nationals' fans shut you out of this series!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nationals-launch-take-back-the-park-campaign/2012/02/03/gIQAsyehmQ_blog.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
...AND getting a crapload of good publicity (except on this board and in the Philly area.)

If you exclude the Philly area and this board (and the MLB board which has a similar thread to this one) the crapload of publicity is limited as far as I can tell to a Bog piece (page two in the Post sports section) and a channel 9 piece by some clueless reporter who was starstruck enough to print Fluffer's talking points without question.

Offline Baseball is Life

If you exclude the Philly area and this board (and the MLB board which has a similar thread to this one) the crapload of publicity is limited as far as I can tell to a Bog piece (page two in the Post sports section) and a channel 9 piece by some clueless reporter who was starstruck enough to print Fluffer's talking points without question.

It was on every evening sportscast in the DC area that night, Fluffer was interviewed on several radio and TV outlets throughout the day, every daily had an article, lotso social media like Twitter, FB, etc., etc. ALL were like, "Hey, cool, check out what the Nats are doing." That's what the world outside of this board thinks. It generated BUZZZZZZZZZZZ..

Offline Baseball is Life

Phillies @ Nationals 5/4-5/6 (Nationals Park)

Date: 2012-02-04, 10:34AM EST
Reply to: ytk6d-2834239127@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Tickets are available now to the May 4-6 series vs. the Nationals at Nationals Park. However they're only available to those who have a credit card linked to a MD, VA, or DC address.

Fightins fan living in Maryland offering to purchase tickets now for you. Email with interest/questions. Don't let the Nationals' fans shut you out of this series!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nationals-launch-take-back-the-park-campaign/2012/02/03/gIQAsyehmQ_blog.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

Cool. It IS ON. :metal: :metal: :metal:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
It was on every evening sportscast in the DC area that night, Fluffer was interviewed on several radio and TV outlets throughout the day, every daily had an article, lotso social media like Twitter, FB, etc., etc. ALL were like, "Hey, cool, check out what the Nats are doing." That's what the world outside of this board thinks. It generated BUZZZZZZZZZZZ..

I must have missed it.

Offline Baseball is Life

Offline jhuterp

I just bought seven tickets to the Sunday night game...those on top of my season tickets.  I did my part, hopefully good enough to retain my official Nats fan status.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

I'm glad that you are happy with BUZZZ. Look - SHINY! But it's not progress if the Nats front office is still pre-selling busloads of ticket to the Philth. The fact that the mouth breathers on the local news cannot research a story a little bit, shows how solid their journalistic credentials. And I suspect that Nats Park will have a sizable Philth contingent, they will put up a CBP South banner and our Game Security Staff will do nothing about it, and it will again make the national news.

The more that I see and read about this, the more I feel better about my initial :rant:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Via the Nats Enquirer, the Nats are implying that at least one Philly tour group does not own the tickets they are selling.  This leads to several questions: 1) If the Nats didn't sell huge blocks of tickets to Philly tour groups, why are they not shooting down all the message board nagging?  2) Are the Nats referring to this particular tour group or all of the at least four groups advertising tickets?  3) Why are the media outlets and blogs not contacting the tour group organizers to find out how they are getting their tickets?  4) Are words being parsed with the statement that "they do not currently own any seats"; is this simply related to the new ticket system not yet being available? 

[UPDATE] According to someone who works for the Nationals: "That group is 100% selling off the assumption that they will get seats. They do not currently own any seats."

http://www.natsenquirer.com/2012/02/ourpark-or-theirpark-washington-nationals-take-back-the-park.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FTheNationalsEnquirer+%28Nats+Enquirer%29

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
THE PLOT THICKENS!!!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Via the Nats Enquirer, the Nats are implying that at least one Philly tour group does not own the tickets they are selling.  This leads to several questions: 1) If the Nats didn't sell huge blocks of tickets to Philly tour groups, why are they not shooting down all the message board nagging?  2) Are the Nats referring to this particular tour group or all of the at least four groups advertising tickets?  3) Why are the media outlets and blogs not contacting the tour group organizers to find out how they are getting their tickets?  4) Are words being parsed with the statement that "they do not currently own any seats"; is this simply related to the new ticket system not yet being available? 

http://www.natsenquirer.com/2012/02/ourpark-or-theirpark-washington-nationals-take-back-the-park.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FTheNationalsEnquirer+%28Nats+Enquirer%29
That would be very interesting if those groups don't have the tickets pre-arranged, ordered and paid for. Didn't someone here contact a few Philly groups already? It should be easy enough to find out if they have their tickets.

Thinking about Nats Marketing, shouldn't the Nats be either 1: contradicting the stories about Philly groups if they had not been sold tickets, or 2: contacting the groups directly and instruct them to cease and desist that they are selling tickets to an event that they don't have and aren't going to get.

Offline heeman82

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Cool. It IS ON. :metal: :metal: :metal:

I hope it's a scam :lol:

I bet those tour groups sold tickets FIRST and then called the front office and ordered a bunch of tickets and they just gave them seats that were mostly together in empty sections. I was stuck in the middle of a huge group of those turds on the opening day fiasco.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Didn't someone here contact a few Philly groups already?

I emailed four groups and got only one response, probably they don't want to kill the golden goose.  I did not email the group listed in the Nats Enquirer blog.  I've been thinking about trying again or calling them but haven't had the time.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Feffer going to be on with the junks soon you donk ricky sundress sillies.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

How'd they land that big silly?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Hope it's soon, this may be the dumbest thing I've ever listened to.