Author Topic: How does this video make you feel?  (Read 5383 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: How does this video make you feel?
« Reply #100: October 16, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I do want to say that I think your case is much more the norm than it being a parental issue.

It was a mindfact for me.   :P

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #101: October 16, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »
I just watched that video, pressing replay for about 10 minutes.  I feel like I want to cry again.  October take on me is magical.  can't wait til next year.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #102: October 16, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
ZDK. I was there and thought it was awesome,too.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #103: October 17, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
I'll just come out and say it:

I hope that after Michael Morse leaves the team, whether that's this year or in 5 years, the team continues to play A-Ha between innings for the crowd to sing along to, exactly the same way Boston does Sweet Caroline.

Offline Hogie

« Reply #104: October 17, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
I am 100% against exploring any trade involving Morse strictly because of the A-Ha. I'm serious.

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #105: October 17, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
I am 100% against exploring any trade involving Morse strictly because of the A-Ha. I'm serious.

right with ya on this one

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #106: October 17, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
Someone should just walk up with "Baby Got Back". That'll get the crowd singing. Or "Juicy" by Biggy.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #107: October 17, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
Someone should just walk up with "Baby Got Back". That'll get the crowd singing. Or "Juicy" by Biggy.

Oh, things would not be PG for too long if that happened....

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #108: October 17, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
Well, I'm now depressed again.

Can't wait for spring training...

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #109: October 18, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
Don't take offense dude. That's just my personal take on it. I'm just not into all the side bullcrap that people seem to enjoy at games. I'm into the actual game itself and none of that other crap holds even the slightest allure for me. It reminds me of the stupid crap they do at Fenway Park and that they tried to incorporate here with Sweet Caroline.  :asplode:

Normally I'd agree with you, but this is something that grew organically from the fans, and that makes it cool in my book.  It doesn't distract from the game if you don't want it to, I was there and was yelling and when the single went up the middle it was back to my baseball screaming.  Nothing lost.

After what we've been through with empty stadiums, horrible tv ratings, opposing fans taking over our stadium, frankly i'll take 45,000 people chnating a cheesy 80s song and enjoy it.

Now what I don't like?  Clint and Terrnace and the other toolbags that do stupid crap all over the stadium.  That stuff is bs.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #110: October 18, 2012, 07:36:12 PM »
After what we've been through with empty stadiums, horrible tv ratings, opposing fans taking over our stadium, frankly i'll take 45,000 people chnating a cheesy 80s song and enjoy it.

This guy gets it.

Offline cowpunk

• schadenfreude
« Reply #111: October 18, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »
Video makes me sad.  I was there when the Nats won the division by virtue of the Braves loss to the Pirates.  Morse was up and I can't remember if he struck out or flied/grounded out, but he was all smiles on the big screen, and everyone was cheering mad anyway.  So this song reminds me of the energy in our clinching game against the Philllies and the energy of Game 5 in the bottom of the eighth, two high points of our season.  Looking forward to feeling that way again next season.

Offline porculator

« Reply #112: October 19, 2012, 09:28:09 AM »
I punched my radio yesterday when I heard the Bad Company cover (Storen's walkup song) on the radio.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #113: October 19, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
Who is that, anyways??
I punched my radio yesterday when I heard the Bad Company cover (Storen's walkup song) on the radio.

Offline porculator

« Reply #114: October 19, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
Who is that, anyways??

Five Finger Death Punch.  Metal-ish band with a horribly trite name that has to cover softer bands to get airtime.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #115: October 19, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
Gotcha.  I probably need to listen to DC101 for a few days to get current on what I'll be hearing when (or if) the hockey season eventually starts up.

Five Finger Death Punch.  Metal-ish band with a horribly trite name that has to cover softer bands to get airtime.

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #116: October 20, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=was&content_id=25417787&topic_id=8877508

just go to 4:26.  I've felt like crying after watching nats videos from this year but this is the first one where I actually did.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #117: October 20, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
I was in Macys and they had 80s music on in the background.  The actual artists were singing their hits.  It wasnt the MUZAK version.  Aha came on singing Take on Me.  All of a sudden a sense of sadness fell upon me! :'(.  I miss my Mikey Morse!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #118: October 20, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »
Yes.  I heard the GEICO radio version of the cockatoo singing hits from the '80s this AM on WTOP and Mikey was my first thought.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #119: October 20, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
JCA maybe you can tell us.  Was SWEET CAROLINE ever attached to a player or was it a tune that was played in the stadium that just caught fire?

I cant disconnect the song from the player who chose it.  He chose it.  Its his!  I cant speak for others but its part of his personality.  His goofy pies in the face and his intensity at the plate. 

Offline Coladar

« Reply #121: October 21, 2012, 03:22:50 AM »
Reading about your mention of Sweet Caroline had me remembering us using it way back when during opposing team's pitching changes.

I'm insanely glad we stopped, and hope usage of SC in baseball dies a painful, but fast, death. That said... I miss Coach getting up on the dugout and dancing, damn it! The dude has a ton of charisma and his energy was infectious when he'd do his thing. I *think* I remember they changed it to a different song for a couple months (I want to say it was another Diamond song), then stopped. I know he had surgery of some kind, I think it was on his knee, that put him on the "DL" for a bit.

Obviously kill any thought of future usage of Neil Diamond songs. But the Nats need to resume some version of that. There are a million songs I'm sure could work. Coach's choreography was just awesome, his funky moves all timed with the song. I'm sure there are other parks that do something similar, but I've never seen it... Having an usher doing his thing on the dugout was unique and engaging. Honestly, thinking about this, I think I'll toss the Nats an email before next season requesting this. Coach is a great guy, loves the Nats, and the dance on the dugout is sorely missed by me.

For those that don't know/remember, Coach is the 127/128 usher. Like I said, awesome and friendly fellow, and I always looked forward to him doing his thing on the dugout. Just not to Sweet Caroline.

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #122: October 21, 2012, 06:09:21 AM »
Makes me feel hopeful.

We've come a long way and this is just a small taste of whats to come! Its not the end but the beginning of the Nats becoming a baseball powerhouse. Hope to see more of this next year with or without Micky Morse on the team.

Roll on spring training!

Offline wj73

« Reply #123: October 21, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
I've been reading this thread, and it's taken me this long to get enough courage to watch the video.  I was there, singing at the top of my lungs like everyone else.  Then Morse got the hit just as we hit the high note.  I think that was the last magic moment of a magic season.  I'm glad I watched it, but it still hurts a whole lot. 

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #124: October 21, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
Reading about your mention of Sweet Caroline had me remembering us using it way back when during opposing team's pitching changes.

I'm insanely glad we stopped, and hope usage of SC in baseball dies a painful, but fast, death. That said... I miss Coach getting up on the dugout and dancing, damn it! The dude has a ton of charisma and his energy was infectious when he'd do his thing. I *think* I remember they changed it to a different song for a couple months (I want to say it was another Diamond song), then stopped. I know he had surgery of some kind, I think it was on his knee, that put him on the "DL" for a bit.

Obviously kill any thought of future usage of Neil Diamond songs. But the Nats need to resume some version of that. There are a million songs I'm sure could work. Coach's choreography was just awesome, his funky moves all timed with the song. I'm sure there are other parks that do something similar, but I've never seen it... Having an usher doing his thing on the dugout was unique and engaging. Honestly, thinking about this, I think I'll toss the Nats an email before next season requesting this. Coach is a great guy, loves the Nats, and the dance on the dugout is sorely missed by me.

For those that don't know/remember, Coach is the 127/128 usher. Like I said, awesome and friendly fellow, and I always looked forward to him doing his thing on the dugout. Just not to Sweet Caroline.

I knew coach.  A friend of mine introduced us once.  I think he had other health issues other than his knee.  Heart maybe?  Anyhow I talked to him and he indicated that management wanted him to stop.  Maybe it was an insurance thing (thats MY THEORY.  Coach didnt tell me that).

Oh and I think Sweet Caroline was followed by either Build Me Up Buttercup or Its Not Unusual.  Neither areNeil Diamond Songs.

Nothing wrong with Diamond songs anyway unless they are the signature songs of other teams!