Author Topic: Is it too much to ask for this team to win a season against the Marlins?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline PC

I'm having difficulty sorting this out.  Which is more likely: Braves sweeping Brewers, or Brewers sweeping Braves?

The Brewers have a very good home record and the Braves have two left handed starters going in this series. The Brewers lineup is built to destroy left handed pitching.  They're the inverse of the Braves, in that respect.

Offline Ray D

The Brewers have a very good home record and the Braves have two left handed starters going in this series. The Brewers lineup is built to destroy left handed pitching.  They're the inverse of the Braves, in that respect.

Ok you're saying there is a realistic possibility that the Brewers will sweep the Braves.  How does that square with your observation that the Braves are playing every game with the intensity of game seven of the World Series (something like that) and because of that, we should be very scared.

Offline PC

Ok you're saying there is a realistic possibility that the Brewers will sweep the Braves.  How does that square with your observation that the Braves are playing every game with the intensity of game seven of the World Series (something like that) and because of that, we should be very scared.

It doesn't.  It's me hoping, wishing and praying that the Brewers win this series.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Why I get quoted? Die

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Online Slateman

freaking minty ...... bastard

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
How does this thread have so many replies? I wasn't aware PC's sky is falling rants were still taken seriously by anyone.

Offline sportsfan882

The Braves are saving Medlen for us too so the Brewers miss him.

Offline PC

How did this thread have so many replies? I wasn't aware PC's sky is falling rants were still taken seriously by anyone.

Thanks for popping in and adding your usual nothing.  I've been waiting.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
One word answer -Yes!

He's just letting his frustration out.  No problem!

Online Slateman

Nothing to see here

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
How does this thread have so many replies? I wasn't aware PC's sky is falling rants were still taken seriously by anyone.

It's trashcan dino's thread.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Right now I would argue that the Brewers are much more likely to sweep the Braves but hey, the Braves still have the top of the 9th to come back from three runs down  :thumbs:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
From 1955-1961 there was a pitcher for otherwise-forgettable Detroit Tigers teams named Frank Lary who simply owned the Yankees during their heyday...27-10 against NYY during that period. Never mind all the power in those Pinstriper line-ups...Lary'd go out there and their bats would droop in unison.

Nolasco owns us. Things like that happen. No logical explanation for them...they just, purely and simply, happen.

Good to see the lads bounce back last night with the win.

Offline Ray D

From 1955-1961 there was a pitcher for otherwise-forgettable Detroit Tigers teams named Frank Lary

Not so forgettable, I remember him well.    Do you remember Rocky Bridges?  He was the Senator's lone all star in 1958 (Roy Sievers was injured).  Frank Lary beaned him and he was out about six weeks.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Why I get quoted? Die

Minty    :glug:

freaking minty ...... bastard

Untrue.  A "moderator" swapped out my quote.  I've been framed.   :rant:

Online Slateman

Untrue.  A "moderator" swapped out my quote.  I've been framed.   :rant:

Psh, whatever minty. This is all your fault.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Psh, whatever minty. This is all your fault.

I'm gonna shove a telephone pole up your asspipe you honky-azz cracka needledick.