Author Topic: How many guys are sick?  (Read 2294 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
How many guys are sick?
« Topic Start: April 10, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
I know that some of the staff on the team is sick, Church has been really sick, someone mentioned that Chico pitched with the flu. Looking at Manny tonight, he looked terrible (and I don't think it was from crying even though he may have felt like it.) Has anyone heard just how many of these guys are sick?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: How many guys are sick?
« Reply #1: April 10, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »
No disrespect, but who cares...that's a really far stretch to try and come up with an excuse Shoeshine.  It sounds like someone who will stop at nothing to give some reason why we are completely and utterly pathetic out there.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #2: April 10, 2007, 10:58:46 PM »
Uh, not looking for an excuse. I was just wondering how many guys on the team are sick.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: April 10, 2007, 11:00:48 PM »
No disrespect, but who cares...that's a really far stretch to try and come up with an excuse Shoeshine.  It sounds like someone who will stop at nothing to give some reason why we are completely and utterly pathetic out there.

I don't think he was reaching for excuses, just curious about who is sick and who isn't.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #4: April 10, 2007, 11:13:12 PM »
Well what difference does it make then if Josh Wilson has the flu?

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #5: April 10, 2007, 11:13:35 PM »

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #6: April 10, 2007, 11:14:34 PM »
Haha Yeah they all got it from Screech I guess.   :lol:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #7: April 10, 2007, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #8: April 10, 2007, 11:20:10 PM »
LMFAO

this is gonna get ugly...lol

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #9: April 10, 2007, 11:25:32 PM »
Well what difference does it make then if Josh Wilson has the flu?

I was just wondering how many guys are sick, which guys are or not, whether that is something they are dealing with that could impact lineup decisions over the next couple of days, etc. etc. This is the minutia that I sometimes find interesting. I understand others may not find it interesting at all. Personally, I would tend to find it interesting if half the team was puking in a bucket for the length of a road trip. Some people find it interesting that Brandon Watson is back in the minor league system. None of this has anything to do with being 1-7 and playing lousy. But sometimes, we fans are curious about such things. :)

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #10: April 10, 2007, 11:29:52 PM »
LMFAO
this is gonna get ugly...lol

I think the fact that the team has been stinking up the joint royally hasn't been all that good for the collective psyche. Deep breaths all around.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #11: April 10, 2007, 11:30:16 PM »
im telling ya, they need a team nurse...

they all just need a liter or two of iv normal saline and some iv zofran. (help to stop the nausea and vomiting) without knocking your ass out...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #12: April 10, 2007, 11:31:26 PM »
From Nationals.com:
The bug: Several members of the Nationals have come down with the flu. Ryan Church was the first to have it, and it has hit Matt Chico, Austin Kearns, John Patterson and Ryan Zimmerman. Chico, Kearns and Zimmerman started against the Braves on Tuesday, and Patterson is expected to pitch against the Mets on Friday.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #13: April 10, 2007, 11:32:04 PM »
Oh yeah, some good hand washing too!

hand washing is the best way to prevent spreading the "nasties" ya know the clap, cold virus, the bird flu,

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #14: April 10, 2007, 11:32:18 PM »
From Nationals.com:
The bug: Several members of the Nationals have come down with the flu. Ryan Church was the first to have it, and it has hit Matt Chico, Austin Kearns, John Patterson and Ryan Zimmerman. Chico, Kearns and Zimmerman started against the Braves on Tuesday, and Patterson is expected to pitch against the Mets on Friday.

Thanks for the info.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #15: April 10, 2007, 11:34:54 PM »
that really sucks, im serious.

they are just passing it around to each other...

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: April 11, 2007, 10:08:53 AM »
Hey Erica!  I don't think they've been jumpin like that lately. Hasn't been much to jump around to celebrate.  :(

« Reply #17: April 11, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »
I don't know about many of you, I can hardly get from the bed to the kitchen to get some soup when I have the flu.  I can only imagine what it is like playing 9 innings with the bug.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #18: April 11, 2007, 10:18:12 AM »
I don't know about many of you, I can hardly get from the bed to the kitchen to get some soup when I have the flu.  I can only imagine what it is like playing 9 innings with the bug.

I agree, sometimes I think they must use the "flu" as a generic term for anybody who has a fever.  However, you can certainly knock a fever down temporarily with common drugs, so undoubtedly this must be what they are doing.  But the flu?  Very difficult to play with, I would think.

« Reply #19: April 11, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »
I agree, sometimes I think they must use the "flu" as a generic term for anybody who has a fever.  However, you can certainly knock a fever down temporarily with common drugs, so undoubtedly this must be what they are doing.  But the flu?  Very difficult to play with, I would think.

And I'm not saying they do or don't have the flu.  If they do, I have to applaud them for going out there and trying because it sucks to have to do anything when under the wrath of the bug.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #20: April 11, 2007, 02:32:31 PM »
I agree with NORLD. I ha the flu a few years back and the fatigue factor it leaves you with is unworldly. At least for me. PPL used to always tell me i'm hyperactuive and have so much energy so when ppl came and sasw me barely able to move and go up and down the stair without stopinng for a breather, ppl were shocked. My mom said that she wished the flu to me was what you know what to woman(i'll leave it that, don't want to disrepsect any anybody, especailly a lady). I mean i rmember when i had to go home for it and the walk home is usually a five minute walk wich turned into a 40 minutes hike of two blocks. Thats how bad it was. I really think they exagerrate with the flu sympton in sports. I don't think hese guye really be having it. My family has gootten the flu quite a few times and all my brothers and sister have missed a week of schol before because of the flu

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #21: April 11, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »
I agree. "Flu like symptoms" is not the flu. However, a nasty head cold can leave you unbalanced, weaker than usual, and un-energetic - even if you are being paid to play at 100%.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #22: April 11, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
Oh yeah, some good hand washing too!

hand washing is the best way to prevent spreading the "nasties" ya know the clap, cold virus, the bird flu,

Thanks for that....wash those hands everyone. It's cheaper and more effective than any over the counter meds. Nurses sometimes even have to remind the doctors to wash after every patient in the hospital, and patients should ask the MD or the RN to wash her/his hands if they don't see 'em do it!  :nono:

I volunteer to sit in the dugout and verify personal hand washing :D

Offline The Chief

« Reply #23: April 11, 2007, 05:58:09 PM »
maybe the nats should use their illness as a biological weapon to bring other teams down to our level and exact revenge on the umpires ;-)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #24: April 11, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »
I feel this whole flu thing is suspect to say the least...how come the Nats are the only team in baseball that has ever had a flu-bug around the clubhouse?  Well it's only a temporary thing - you can only use it for a limited amount of time - you are expected to actually play at a professional level regardless. 

You guys can give them a pass on "being sick" if you want to - but I'm not buying it.   :roll: