Author Topic: 2013 MLB Draft  (Read 12246 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
2013 MLB Draft
« Topic Start: October 15, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
I know it's a little early, but i just think the draft is so cool.  Anyways I just wanted to post some guys to keep an eye on that could wind up with the nats.

Karsten whitson RHP Miami:  #9 overall pick by the padres in 2010 and turned down $2mm to attend Miami.  Posted a dominant freshman season followed by an injury plagued one.  He still has good stuff and is one of the biggest wild cards in the draft.  He could be around when the nats pick at 31 and given Rizzo's propensity to pick injured stars I think Whitson is a guy to watch.

Aaron Judge OF Fresno st:  This guy is quite the physical specimen.  Standing at 6'7" 230lbs I can't help but compare him to mike stanton.  This dude has crazy power potential but has yet to show any of it in games.  He also has a great eye, ability to hit for average, and is a good baserunner (13-15 SB last year).  Could rocket up draft boards if he taps into his potential.  Probably my personal favorite player in the draft.

Kohl Stewart RHP St. Pius X HS:  Doubtful that he falls to us but he is considered one of the top QB prospects in the country and is committed to play at Texas A&M.  Touches 97 mph with the heater, an above average slider with plus potential, and an average change up with above average potential.  Could fall, but probably not all the way down to us.

Ryan Boldt OF Red Wing HS:  Very fast with good baserunning instincts.  Plus defense in center with a good hit tool.  His swing doesn't project for much power due to some flaws in his swing, but some scouts see the potential for power with some mechanical corrections. 

Chris Oakley RHP St. Augustine prep HS:  Very projectable high school righty with a 6'8" 230 lbs frame.  Low-mid 90's fastball with room to add more.  Complements it with a curve with plus potential and a work in progress split-change.  Sounds like a guy that could be to Rizzo's liking.

Andy McGuire SS James Madison HS:  The local boy.  From Vienna, VA and regarded as one of the purest hitters in this years HS draft class.  Could develop decent power.  As he fills out he will probably have to move off SS to 3B or 2B