Author Topic: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1  (Read 24630 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1
« Reply #500: May 07, 2009, 01:00:52 AM »
Depending on how Stephen Strasburg negotiations go this summer, Nats acting general manager Mike Rizzo and Strasburg's advisor/agent Scott Boras figure to spend a lot of quality time together. Well, tonight they're already getting a head-start. Guess the pair sitting next to one another tonight at Dodger Stadium in Section 3, Row 1? Yup, Rizzo and Boras.

The superagent -- who represents the Strasburg, perhaps the most-hyped college pitcher in history -- has front-row seats at Dodger Stadium. Rizzo has been sitting there as his guest for at least three innings. Granted, I'm far away (up here in the press box), but I'd describe the body language as friendly, quite relaxed. About once an inning, a stadium food vendor comes down to check on them. So far, no orders. How many hot dogs can you get for Stephen Strasburg?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #501: May 07, 2009, 01:02:15 AM »
freak it. call Milledge up.

Uhh, yeah. Did you read the Washington Post article where he blamed his woes on the Nationals' hitting instructors and said that he's learned to just screw what everyone else says and do it how he wants to do it from now on? That arrogant PoS is just what we need... Not. I hoped he dropped off the face of the world before I read that article on Monday, and seeing that his arrogance has only intensified since being in AAA. That clown is going to be a joke for the rest of his career. Eckstein has made all our hitters pretty damn amazing this season and you want to spit in his face and say he's your problems and you will no longer listen to anyone for anything to help you improve? What a f'ing joke.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #502: May 07, 2009, 01:02:38 AM »
How nice of us to break Russel Martin out of his slump. :?

He had been absolutely awful all year prior to this game.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #503: May 07, 2009, 01:04:20 AM »
cabrera was "solid" thru 5.1 ip and manny should've pulled him, instead he got behind hitters and walked them and left trouble for our relievers.  oh by the way our pen did a solid job tonight getting out of jams ... NOT!

it was a great 1-1 game for a while against one of the best teams in baseball, but we made fundamental errors AGAIN.  our pitching was terrible in the middle innings AGAIN.  it was another terrible game for the nationals AGAIN.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #504: May 07, 2009, 01:05:17 AM »
How nice of us to break Russel Martin out of his slump. :?

He had been absolutely awful all year prior to this game.

haha i'd still take martin over flores anyday of the week and every GM in baseball would say the same thing.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #505: May 07, 2009, 01:06:49 AM »
haha i'd still take martin over flores anyday of the week and every GM in baseball would say the same thing.
yayaya. you take any chance you can to dig on Flores. I'm very satisfied with his performance so far this year:

.295 BA/.364 OBP/.500 SLG

Just for the hell of it, here are Martin's numbers:

.234 BA/.333 OBP/.277 SLG

Offline Coladar

« Reply #506: May 07, 2009, 01:07:14 AM »
Alright, three more outs and this nightmare will be over with. Then I can finally get to sleep and have more nightmares after watching this performance. I can see it now... All night dreaming about D.Crab jumping away from every pitch like a little girl.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #507: May 07, 2009, 01:07:40 AM »
Alright, three more outs and this nightmare will be over with. Then I can finally get to sleep and have more nightmares after watching this performance. I can see it now... All night dreaming about D.Crab jumping away from every pitch like a little girl.
haha, what a wussy :clap:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #508: May 07, 2009, 01:08:19 AM »
cintron is garbage. he is 100% worthless.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #509: May 07, 2009, 01:08:19 AM »
Why is Alex Cintron still on this team?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #510: May 07, 2009, 01:09:19 AM »
cintron is garbage. he is 100% worthless.
0/14 with 6 Ks now. How long can he go without getting a hit? :?

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #511: May 07, 2009, 01:09:36 AM »
Why is Alex Cintron still on this team?

He is Manny's amigo. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #512: May 07, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »
yayaya. you take any chance you can to dig on Flores. I'm very satisfied with his performance so far this year:

lol STFU.  you always think someone is out to get you.  i'm just saying russell martin and jesus flores are two of the better young catchers in the game.  but i'd rather have martin.  does that mean i'm digging on flores?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #513: May 07, 2009, 01:11:52 AM »

haha true.  but he got on base more than johnson and belliard though tonight hahahaha.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #514: May 07, 2009, 01:12:10 AM »
lol STFU.  you always think someone is out to get you.  i'm just saying russell martin and jesus flores are two of the best young catchers in the game.  but i'd rather have martin.  does that mean i'm digging on flores?

whatever, I'd rather have Flores. freak Martin, he has screwed me in fantasy all year. 0 homers for him in 95 ABs

what an embarrassing loss for the Nats. on the wrong side of history.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #515: May 07, 2009, 01:13:17 AM »
whatever, I'd rather have Flores. freak Martin, he has screwed me in fantasy all year.

what an embarrassing loss for the Nats. on the wrong side of history.

and screwing you on fantasy takes precedent whether who's the better catcher.  sounds about right. 

yeah it's a shame it was a great game the first five innings, one of the best ones all year.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #516: May 07, 2009, 01:14:38 AM »
and screwing you on fantasy takes precedent whether who's the better catcher.  sounds about right. 

yeah it's a shame it was a great game the first five innings, one of the best ones all year.
whatever, Martin's crap numbers this year speak for themselves.

great game? what were you watching? Our defense was atrocious and Cabrera was a disaster despite only allowing a run or two at that point. The highlight of the game was RZ extending his hitting streak and Flores' HR.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #517: May 07, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »
And so it is... The first game of what will inevitably be a horrific road trip to the left coast is over, and it was as ugly as one might have expected with this team. 0-8 road trip anyone?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #518: May 07, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
GAME OVER.  WE LOSE 10-3.
DROP DEAD, TED LERNER.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #519: May 07, 2009, 01:16:11 AM »
And so it is... The first game of what will inevitably be a horrific road trip to the left coast is over, and it was as ugly as one might have expected with this team. 0-8 road trip anyone?
Arizona is pretty damn bad and it looks like we'll miss Lincecum in SF so we should win maybe 2-3 games. still a dreadful trip. 

Offline Coladar

« Reply #520: May 07, 2009, 01:17:28 AM »
And I'm out for the night. Here's hoping Z-Mann can provide a win, because I don't see us getting very many of those on this road trip... Matter of fact, I don't see us getting any unless the bullpen doesn't pitch and D-Crab is bleeding to death in the bullpen after the players just couldn't take him anymore.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #521: May 07, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »
great game? what were you watching? Our defense was atrocious and Cabrera was a disaster despite only allowing a run or two at that point. The highlight of the game was RZ extending his hitting streak and Flores' HR.

haha i watched it all and it was 2-1 after 5 innings.  it was a great game to watch after 5 innigs.  the 6th is when it got bumpy.

sucks we lost, but it was still a great game after 5, imo.  and yeah the flores HR was a highlight in your book, guzman had 3 hits ... but i guess b/c he's not in your clique it doesn't matter.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #522: May 07, 2009, 01:18:06 AM »
To save Johnny and Ray the time and save MASN money, I'm surprised they don't just show the same post-game show everyday because every game is essentially the same. Nats are done in by woeful defense and crappy relief pitching.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #523: May 07, 2009, 01:18:42 AM »
haha i watched it all and it was 2-1 after 5 innings.  it was a great game to watch after 5.  the 6th is when it got bumpy.

sucks we lost, but it was still a great game after 5, imo.  and yeah the flores HR was a highlight in your book, guzman had 3 hits ... but i guess b/c he's not in your clique it doesn't matter.
Guz also had 2 killer errors. unacceptable

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #524: May 07, 2009, 01:18:56 AM »
Really we lost this game before it started.  We knew Cabrera was going to get bombed, but to start Fat Ronnie just screams "we take it in the 2 hole for free."