Author Topic: Pettitte, Knoblauch, Radomski dropped from hearing  (Read 13888 times)

Offline Dave B

could this have been done to protect clemens? you know, now that he is best friends with the congressmen

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I don't know what to make of all this.

natsfan1a

I don't either.

Offline Dave B

at the least it means pettitte wont be saying "McNamee simulataneously injected Clemens and me. He's ambidexterous"

maybe he said that in his previous testimony

Offline spidernat

could this have been done to protect clemens? you know, now that he is best friends with the congressmen

Do you mean protect him from public humiliation because tomorrow's hearings will be televised? ESPN just reported that one of the Congressmen (Davis I think) has confirmed that Pettitte's testimony matched McNamee's the closest so that Pettitte will not be required to say anything more tomorrow. They also reported that Clemens has responded by saying they are both "mistaken".

Offline Dave B

Do you mean protect him from public humiliation because tomorrow's hearings will be televised? ESPN just reported that one of the Congressmen (Davis I think) has confirmed that Pettitte's testimony matched McNamee's the closest so that Pettitte will not be required to say anything more tomorrow. They also reported that Clemens has responded by saying they are both "mistaken".

More like what I posted above. 

Maybe Pettitte did spill the beans behind closed doors. That could always be swept under the rug.  If Pettitte said in on live TV, Clemens is f'd.  This could only help Clemens and hurt McNamee

natsfan1a

According to this piece, Clemens plans to make more visits today:

http://www.examiner.com/a-1215371~Clemens__McNamee_Focus_of_Hearing.html

ESPN says that what Pettitte was saying was not matching up with what Roger was saying so they pulled Pettitte so no more damage could be done.

Offline Dave B

ESPN says that what Pettitte was saying was not matching up with what Roger was saying so they pulled Pettitte so no more damage could be done.

why would they limit damage? do they normally extend that favor to everyone?

maybe it is SOP, but I'm wondering if it is preferential treatment

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Supposedly those three guys fully cooperated in their previous interviews, and there's no reason to have them around to simply ask the same questions.  It allows more time for questioning the remaining antagonists.

Offline Dave B

ESPN said that portions of Pettitte's could be read out loud

They also said this

Sources told Quinn that Pettitte was not a good witness when he appeared before congressional lawyers during a sworn deposition on Monday. Pettitte often contradicted himself, the sources said, so the committee agreed to his request not to appear before the committee.

does that sound like full cooperation? why not bring him back to clear up those contradictions?

Offline spidernat

ESPN said that portions of Pettitte's could be read out loud

They also said this

does that sound like full cooperation? why not bring him back to clear up those contradictions?

I heard that last night and I agree this seems sloppy. If he's contradicting himself he needs to be questioned further. If they aren't going to do this right why go to the trouble of doing it at all.

Offline blue911

Not being a good witness is quite different from being non-cooperative. Pettitte may have testified that McNamee provded him with HGH but couldn't remember specifics. Basically the tenor of McNamee's testimony was true but he couldn't vouch for the substance (names,dates etc...)

SoxNationVA

Advantage MacNamee!

Offline Dave B

Not being a good witness is quite different from being non-cooperative. Pettitte may have testified that McNamee provded him with HGH but couldn't remember specifics. Basically the tenor of McNamee's testimony was true but he couldn't vouch for the substance (names,dates etc...)

True. But doesn't contradicting oneself seem more intentional than bad memory?

Offline spidernat

Not necessarily, but in this case you have to wonder.

Offline blue911

I don't know. Considering I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, events of 5 to 6 years ago seem beyond the normal limits.

Offline spidernat

Good for him. He should voice his concerns to his colleagues.   :clap:

Rep. Souder declined to meet with Clemens.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02122008/sports/yankees/souder_unmoved_by_rogers_attempt_to_sway_97300.htm

Clemens is such slime.  He'll be fortunate to know his fame and money won't be needed for his trip to hell.  His admission has already been posted.

Offline spidernat

Clemens is such slime.  He'll be fortunate to know his fame and money won't be needed for his trip to hell.  His admission has already been posted.

:shock:

He expressed how he wanted to make enough money so that his great grandchildren would never have to worry about finances (I'm sure he was then looked at as a great family man of character). But it looks like he's going to leave them a different type of legacy to go with all that money.

Offline ronnynat

haha..he's going to hell for steroid use?

Offline Dave B

:shock:

He expressed how he wanted to make enough money so that his great grandchildren would never have to worry about finances (I'm sure he was then looked at as a great family man of character). But it looks like he's going to leave them a different type of legacy to go with all that money.

To loosely quote Tracy Jordan on 30 Rock

"I want to be so rich, my kids wont have to go to college"

"I want to be so rich, my grandkids are gonna play lacrosse"

haha..he's going to hell for steroid use?

No, for defiling my father's game with his lies.